Lighting One question for the experts

hecno

Worm Hunter .
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Reaction score
I am having a hard time of working out how many lights I need for my grow space -- H 1.8 mt--w 1.1 mt -- l 1.6 mt . Would this kit do the job . :thumbsup:

kit comprises

6 pcs Cree CXB3590, top bins only

6 pcs Ideal 50-2303CR CXB Holder

6 pcs Graphite Thermal pad(TIM) 1 side adhesive for simple assembly on the COB

1 pc PF-P400CC-C140-DIM, 400 Watt LED driver, 286Vout, Dimmable driver allows the COBS to be run at just under 50 watts, the sweet spot of wall plate efficiency

6 Passive Pin fin Coolers suitable for the 50 watt drive( based on eff% calculations), predrilled and tapped for the Ideal Holder and adapter( you will only need a screw driver not a drill press)140mm x 80mm

6 Sets of Heatsink Mount Bracket to mount your heatsinks to rails

1 Pair 1/8'' Adjustable Rope Hangers

24 pcs M3 6mm screws for the Holders

24 pcs M4 12mm Screws for mounting to side rails

6 pcs of Wago 221-412 Terminal Blocks

15 ft of Black and Red Silicon 600V rated 18AWG Wire

Metric messes me up. I think that's a 3x4x5tall. If so I'd reconsider if the driver doesn't have a dimmer and also possibly reconsider 50w per cob. Max wall plate efficiency with a 1.8m or 5' ceiling height is not allot of space for a pot, plants and light. I have 7'6" height and have had issues with distance while running a scrog. Also cost wise the citizen cobs are a little more efficient and cheaper. Just my thoughts.

If you've got the spare cash, consider a couple of smaller side panels, one each side of the main light but angled at 45-80deg. Gets more out of your ladies lower parts.

If you've got the spare cash, consider a couple of smaller side panels, one each side of the main light but angled at 45-80deg. Gets more out of your ladies lower parts.
You don't need much side lighting with cobs. Mars hydro yes but cobs put a shit ton of light to the plants as it is. 4 cobs in that space would be near the maximum the plants could use.

@BigSmO :joy: Thank you , it seems to be hard to find out the number of cobs needed for any given square meter . 4 sounds good , I can add later on . The driver in the kit is a dimmer . The height I have to play with is 5 ft 7 in [-------] So top of the pot to 24 inch under the light [ 5ft - 7 in ] Now I just have to save for one and sneak it home - Build it - mount it - with out the wife knowing . :biggrin: :thumbsup::vibe:

@BigSmO :joy: Thank you , it seems to be hard to find out the number of cobs needed for any given square meter . 4 sounds good , I can add later on . The driver in the kit is a dimmer . The height I have to play with is 5 ft 7 in [-------] So top of the pot to 24 inch under the light [ 5ft - 7 in ] Now I just have to save for one and sneak it home - Build it - mount it - with out the wife knowing . :biggrin: :thumbsup::vibe:
Yes that's a great start. Have you checked out the autocobs yet? If it saves your marriage I'd really be happy :rofl:

Ok - @BigSmO What bloody hell is a Autocob :shrug: Ps The wife not that bad , she will would get over it in a week or so , be a bit frosty in bed though . :mrgreen: :thumbsup:

Ok - @BigSmO What bloody hell is a Autocob :shrug: Ps The wife not that bad , she will would get over it in a week or so , be a bit frosty in bed though . :mrgreen: :thumbsup:

This is it inside of @FullDuplex tent.

It's also on page one of this forum
https://www.autoflower.net/
IMG_0772.JPG

Back