Olderfart's Dive Down the Living Soil Rabbit Hole

Minor post script on the two yogurt container girls that were intended to replace the runt Dinamed Auto CBD Kush plant. Here is the bud from the two of them, more or less the same amount I got from the last big girl from the three plant pot. Seems that growing them out in their transplant pots was worthwhile. :biggrin:
IMG_1025.JPG

I should mention that the nugs are solid, sticky, and smell wonderful. The aroma is like a slightly funky spice related to cloves. This CBD strain is a gem.

Happy growing peeps, yield results of this grow as the bud dries out. :pighug:

:biggrin::stir:
I was gifted 1 Dinamed Auto CBD Kush last year. From the looks of those buds I think it's time to drop it & make some seed.:meds:
The faster the better if you only have one seed. They are living things and the germination rate lowers the older the seed is...

:biggrin::stir:
I was gifted 1 Dinamed Auto CBD Kush last year. From the looks of those buds I think it's time to drop it & make some seed.:meds:
As you might have noticed, I was all over that one. Only I had more than one seed, so I could do a separate pollen plant. This is a really nice strain, and it is a damn shame that it may have disappeared, at least commercially, when Dinamed went down.

Good luck with it mate, I hope you make some seed from this one. :pighug:

23. The seed crop
Greetings peeps. It seems that I will not need any more 24 Carat seeds for a while:
IMG_1027.JPG

There are still a few rejects in the pile, but >300 first class seeds works for me. These are from one branch off the slightly larger, slightly more Indica pheno. There is likely a larger pile pending from the pollenated branch of the smaller 24C pheno. And then I have the Fugue State run, and the 24C x Pink Kush cross in the solo grow. Another win for CS methinks. :biggrin:

Happy seeding peeps. :pighug:

Last edited:
Beautiful bud!

Minor post script on the two yogurt container girls that were intended to replace the runt Dinamed Auto CBD Kush plant. Here is the bud from the two of them, more or less the same amount I got from the last big girl from the three plant pot. Seems that growing them out in their transplant pots was worthwhile. :biggrin:View attachment 1414612
I should mention that the nugs are solid, sticky, and smell wonderful. The aroma is like a slightly funky spice related to cloves. This CBD strain is a gem.

Happy growing peeps, yield results of this grow as the bud dries out. :pighug:

Greetings peeps. It seems that I will not need any more 24 Carat seeds for a while:
View attachment 1414758

There are still a few rejects in the pile, but >300 first class seeds works for me. These are from one branch off the slightly larger, slightly more Indica pheno. There is likely a larger pile pending from the pollenated branch of the smaller 24C pheno. And then I have the Fugue State run, and the 24C x Pink Kush cross in the solo grow. Another win for CS methinks. :biggrin:

Happy seeding peeps. :pighug:
Your killing me smalls!
I am pretty damn jealous right now!

I have started doing that as well - as a prophylactic measure in the last couple of soil grows. Seems to have worked but were are past prime gnat season. I will think about adding sand as well. Thanks!
A followup on the sand option. I think it is a waste of time, at least with the sand that I used. The sand layer on my SSSC pot stayed wet throughout, so it did not accomplish the objective or producing an upper dry zone unfavorable to gnats. Maybe the moist sand is less useful to the little buggers, but it accomplished nothing useful in my grow. I only applied it to the one pot, and all the other pots did just as well as the sanded one. I will not be bothering with sand again. If preventing the adults from getting at the soil is useful, I think it may be more easily accomplished with panty hose or similar barriers.

Good luck with it @CannabisMingus.:pighug:

Back