New Grower NugNoob's - First Grow Adventure! AK-47's

Wow just three hours old and I think it took me 15 minutes to read. You're off to a great start both a nice setup and a real active thread.[emoji106]

Thanks man, couldn't of gotten here without Jingo! Seems like you're always there and fast when people need input.

Howdy Noob! :pass:

Oh, sorry. Yeah, I kinda found @budelee 's invite in the hall and it got me past the dude at the door :woohoo: so I figured there's always room for one more. Right?

Anyways. Good start! Pic's n' stuff. A li'l video. I'm in! :cheers:

I may not be the go to guy for advice (1st grow myself) on how to grow these show winning beauties but I've got experience in what NOT to do AND I've become somewhat experienced in "recovery" from various "ailments" usually attributed to "user error". I've also become professional at "Don't panic." if you're ever in that situation. :bighug:

Psshhh.. We're here to show them how it's done :headbang: ...

Eventually. :crying:

Nah man, you're killing it... I mean that in a good way. :thumbsup:

This journal is well on its way to being one of the finest on AFN...well done so far bud!

IDK man, there's some pretty dope journals on here. I mean Slaters loft is where it's at... Not sure if anyone can compete with that! But I try, that means a lot man. Thanks! :bow:

You guys will be hauling large bags over yer shoulders in no time

:smoking:

Freegin awesome @NugNoob .. Sounds like you got sponsored...er dialed in( kidding on the sponsor,thats funny tho!). Cant wait to see you slay it..all excellent choices you made!! Im subbed up...
Me too! But I'm gonna pick your brain. I read somewhere that using water straight from the tap for germination is good because the chlorine would kill any dormant bacteria in the dry seed. I've been doing that from day one. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Just added them in bro! Thanks!

@budelee Just did the first (day 1 update I guess?) Thanks dude! Yeah not sponsored...yet lol. Thanks for the sub, you know I'm always watching you!
Stalker! [emoji121] [emoji16] [emoji13] [emoji28] [emoji23]

Yup, that'd be day one, unless you're weird like me and consider drop date as day 1. I've actually been meaning to change that...

Oh don't get me wrong man, I'm in this for the experience and the buds plain and simple! Not looking for any other reward than at least one bowl to smoke that I can truly say I carried from start to finish.
Well...mostly carried on the backs of you fine AFN people! :thanks:
You'll have a lot more than that. You're only limited by your creativity!

Buds, kief from trim, capsules, rosin, brownies, cloning plants, breeding plants, running tests to see what equipment/food/system actually make a difference...welcome to the Canna World! [emoji121] [emoji16] [emoji7] [emoji76] [emoji178]

You'll have a lot more than that. You're only limited by your creativity!

Buds, kief from trim, capsules, rosin, brownies, cloning plants, breeding plants, running tests to see what equipment/food/system actually make a difference...welcome to the Canna World! [emoji121] [emoji16] [emoji7] [emoji76] [emoji178]

:yay: Yeah ill take all the bonuses I can! It truly is an adventure! -Stalker out! *crunchy static noise*

Sry @NugNoob .. @Creature Hey you guys know each other?? We keep no secrets here.. Except where yer stash is!?!?!?

Just from what we've seen of each others grows I suppose. (hey forced rhyme!)

A stash is like a persons politics, he should keep it to himself unless it's with the closest of friends!
:pass:

Jk, idc what people say!

Hello one and all! Let me first say a BIG thank you to all who have helped me up to this point, It's made things a lot easier starting up on my first adventure. Seriously thank you, you know who you are and you've probably been tagged into this post anyway. Now strap in, cause this is a big first post people!
View attachment 712342
@jingo @budelee @912GreenSkell @stepside @Slater @BigSm0 @SpaghettiSauce @D3V!ous_Dankster @Habitual @chachinG @Yeatster @Canad420 @Big Sur Holy @Ojibway1973 @Waira @witchyhour @Benjamin Squier @TheMongol @Tom'sinflatedballs @hippy71 @Prophetiko
@jokerinkx3 @Dudeski (Really hope I didn't miss anyone, also sorry if I tagged ya and you didn't want to be!)

Let me start off with what I'm working with here..
  • 36x36x64 Vivosun Tent inside a double slider door closet in my upstairs office area
  • 6 Inch Carbon Filter to 440cfm Vivosun fan, built in dial (doesn't slow it down much though) this exhausts through the right wall outside the tent, turns a soft right and exits right out the house through a vent I installed. (unfortunately had to go to a 4" reducer, but dear god it doesn't seem to slow this bad boy down)
View attachment 712343 View attachment 712344 (Duct Work and Exhaust)
  • MARS Hydro 600w (planning on upgrading to 4x COBs soon)
  • 2x Humidifers, because it's been very hard to keep humidity up, can't currently leave my exhaust on constantly, hopefully this will change with the season.
  • Also picked up this sweet heater at Home Cheapo for $49 on sale due to winter being over but you really wouldn't know it, it's been pretty cold here in the North East still.
View attachment 712345 (Heater and Fan)
  • 10 inch fan outside (pulling in) along with a 6 inch clip on fan inside (may add another)
  • Digital pH pen, digital TDS pen, Control Wizard Soil Probe
While I was in the crawl space doing the duct work I found a few things, including this sweet original Mason jar! Cleaned it up real nice and I have a spare airtight lid for it, you know I'm gonna add a 'lil something something to it soon enough!
View attachment 712349 (Mason Jar)

• 3 Gallon Vivosun Grow Bags (I know Vivosun everything, didn't even mean to tbh)
  • Black Gold All Natural Mix (75%) + Perlite (25%)
  • Fox Farm Trio + CalMag + Optic Foliar Overgrow Spray (none used yet, 3-7-17)
  • 3x AK-47 Auto-Fem from I<3GrowingMarijuana (I've also got some DP seeds on the way for after this grow!)
:tongue: This part below may be boring, really more for detail that may be useful later...
Friday Morning (3-3) Dropped all 3 into distilled water in a plexiglass container, left lid slightly open for small humidity escape, covered with hand towel and put on...wait for it... Vivosun seedling heated mat (I'm not sponsored I swear...it's Amazon's fault)

Friday Late Night (3-3) All 1 had sunk, tapped the other two gently, they sunk as well. Drained most of the distilled water, soaked paper towel in container so it was mushy, put 3x seeds in and covered it again, left on the mat of which we do not speak it's manufacturer.

Saturday Morning (3-4) Tiny tails sticking out, barely, leaved them alone. Prepared the 3x Soil mixes and pre-wet with pH'd 6.5 water, let it run through 2 times, plenty of run off. Cleaned them up and put into the tent to warm up.

View attachment 712360 (Paper towel method, barely sticking out)

Saturday Late Night (3-4) Tails grew 3 or 4 times in length, can barely make out greenish/brown of the tap root. Put them in soil, squeezed pH'd water tiny bit on them and sprayed a few times.
View attachment 712361 (Paper towel method, approx only 10 hours later!)

Sunday Morning (3-5) Barely make out a seed head, barely (I did cover them loosely) Getting temperatures and RH right. Spray tops of soil every few hours (2-3 sprays, pH'd water) Put humidity domes on.

Sunday Afternoon (3-5) Take humidity domes off as I hear that could be detrimental to such young seedlings. Continue to spray every few hours. Can barely see all 3 heads.

Monday Morning (3-6) Spray and trickle a little bit of water from paper towel to wet center area.

Monday Night (3-6) Starting to see little bit of stems, trying to stand up. Spray them a little.

-Temp for the days in germination were 85-88 sitting on mat.

-Temp for the days in soil was between 74-80 / RH 55-70

-pH seems to be around 6.5 for the first 4-5 inches then goes down to 5.6 around center of grow bag or lower, hopefully this is normal or will adjust with continued water feedings of 6.5 to come.

Hey mate,

you did it!! Really good a work how you installed the tent, you really had thought about it before. Also good decision to switch to Marshydro instead of Viparspectra, Marshydro will give you a bigger yield.............
need to work for about 2 hours, will return here then, cu

Back