Lighting Now it's my turn COB DIY

I zoomed in and am even more impressed. One of the frames I bought was about 1/2 as thick and was made with a poor quality aluminum. It had burn marks on the penetrations and the ridges seemed to almost rip the metal apart vs cut it away.
This alu I use is a 3mm. Plate, and laser cut

yea i thought 3-4mm would be floppy...i was thinking it would have to be more like 5-6mm so 7mm is probably good enough...just checked and 2011 aluminium, at 600x600mm x 7mm thick would be 6.8kg's so a fair bit but realistically with the heat sinks and cobs probably looking at 8kg for the entire fitting which isnt too bad i suppose :/

If you make it to thich it just cost more. If you make it to thin you'll probably be unhappy. Mine is 1/8 inch thick and crap bring 16x16" for 4 cobs. 3/16 of an inch is a very good thickness. Not overkill but not floppy.

Absolutely, thanks bro. The charts do show the 4000k to be the best mix of blue and red as far as my noob spectrum analysis goes. 90cri does favor the 3500k though.

Absolutely, thanks bro. The charts do show the 4000k to be the best mix of blue and red as far as my noob spectrum analysis goes. 90cri does favor the 3500k though.

4K is the most complete of the Citi Spectrums, and the spectrums are NOT the same when cross referencing Cree to Citi in the same Kelvin ratings.

member @TimFox on RIU just started his grow with the 4K 1812's I sent him to test out. His plant are already blowing up from just a few days under them vs the 3070's that they were under before. I expect to see good things from his grow and @2Stoned2Care .

IMG_9497.JPG
IMG_9498.JPG
IMG_9499.JPG
IMG_9500.JPG
IMG_9501.JPG
IMG_9502.JPG
IMG_9503.JPG

The XXX light is up and running! That's absolutely beautiful man. Max rep every day till I forget lol. :slap:
Thanks.... now I must place this tomorrow, and building the other one.

The alu is hard enough too carry the heatsink ;)

And i ordered wrong COBs :-(
My plan was 2 x 4K and 3 x 35K
But now it's 3 x 35k and 2 x 3K

Btw. The dimmer running 50% then I don't think they are so strong in the light, is that correct ?
The driver use the same output right ?

Back