Ar
Don’t top to early. And you can get the same results if not better with simple LST and a little lollypoping. Here’s my grow as of now all done with LST and defoliation. If your on IG look me up as mr.eastcoastgrow I post all my stuff on there and help other growers as much as possible. I’m all led and DTW.View attachment 1142898View attachment 1142899View attachment 1142900View attachment 1142901View attachment 1142902
Are you running autos or photos? Those are monsters

Good morning AFN. Quick update as I’m on my way to work. I got up a lil early to do some topping to the GG. Figured day 16 would be a good point. Here’s the before and after. Gonna wait a few more days to top the CP. Thanks for tuning in!

49A90FF9-154F-4EF8-834B-5674B9ECD947.jpeg
44B04B7F-447B-49EB-906F-F5FCCD6DC99C.jpeg
Toke wisely & don’t work too hard!

that isn't topping you did there.You just simply cut the youngest node off.Topping would have been cutting off only the middle part of your cutting.

that isn't topping you did there.You just simply cut the youngest node off.Topping would have been cutting off only the middle part of your cutting.
I did top it. I just left some stem due to pics of others plant splitting down the middle from too close of a cut. I have a few grows under my belt but am in no way an expert but comparing the pictures I’ve seen to this...check the closer pic
49FB246B-5086-43DA-B750-D6AE7EDAFCA5.png

I’ve been looking around and most seem to top to maintain a certain structure and if height is an issue. Height isn’t an issue at all and I’ve topped photos but as a first with autos I’m skeptical now. I might just top one and leave one to grow how it wants with lst and defoliation.
Besides more even colas, any reason to top them as far as yield goes? Anybody personally notice a difference?

I grow autos in DWC, and they get pretty big.
For me, topping accomplishes little, because the plants get just as tall after topping as if they'd had no topping.

If your autos take too long to flower, they could get very tall, and grow into the lights with such a short tent.
My 9 ft tall tent isn't quite tall enough for some strains.

I just finished a GrowersChoice CriticalPurple that got over 5 ft tall, and yielded 8 or 9 oz dry.
But it also grew too close to the light hung from my 9 ft ceiling.

I grow autos in DWC, and they get pretty big.
For me, topping accomplishes little, because the plants get just as tall after topping as if they'd had no topping.

If your autos take too long to flower, they could get very tall, and grow into the lights with such a short tent.
My 9 ft tall tent isn't quite tall enough for some strains.

I just finished a GrowersChoice CriticalPurple that got over 5 ft tall, and yielded 8 or 9 oz dry.
But it also grew too close to the light hung from my 9 ft ceiling.
Sheeeeesh! I’d expect that from a photo but an auto, wow! I still have some learning to do. My last one before I stopped was 2oz between 2 plants, using CFL though.
BA338450-23FF-4038-8846-02DFFBED7894.jpeg
058D622F-E9D1-4755-9E07-54830CD122FA.jpeg
61679796-233F-456E-B7BF-F1286C9D7C91.jpeg

Back