New Grower Northern Lights auto. First Grow. Aerogarden

As long as your lighting is sufficient you should begin to see pre flowers by your fourth week. I don’t start my flower nutrients until full flower has started. Just keep adding pictures to your posts and folks can give better advice. My advice would be to feed the plant you have not the schedule you want.

FB
Not feeding flower until full flower has emerged has worked out well for you?

Can anybody tell me how high my SCROG should be, when it should be put on, tips or tricks regarding this training method etc

I read 8 inches from the base of the grow pot. Seems a little short in my opinion. Also should I be pruning my NL after I place a SCROG? Will the SCROG work if I don’t top my plant? Is it too late to top my plants at 3 weeks old?

I’m enjoying this thus far so I’m definitely going to buy a tent. If I grew 4 autoflowers always using SCROG what size grow tent should I invest in? Would the 4” carbon filter be ok for the tent size I need? I already have a 300watt full spectrum LED light so will that be good enough for the tent size I need to grow my four plants?

Last edited:
Wish i looked into scrog myself my topped girls roots are coming out the bottom of the pot its a 5 gal air pot and stretch just hit and its a problem right now

Can anybody tell me how high my SCROG should be, when it should be put on, tips or tricks regarding this training method etc

I read 8 inches from the base of the grow pot. Seems a little short in my opinion. Also should I be pruning my NL after I place a SCROG? Will the SCROG work if I don’t top my plant? Is it too late to top my plants at 3 weeks old?

I’m enjoying this thus far so I’m definitely going to buy a tent. If I grew 4 autoflowers always using SCROG what size grow tent should I invest in? Would the 4” carbon filter be ok for the tent size I need? I already have a 300watt full spectrum LED light so will that be good enough for the tent size I need to grow my four plants?

Yep, you definitely caught the grow bug! Sweet! If you want to do four plants, you will need at least a 3x3, with a 4x4 being optimal. Some 4 inch fans and carbon filter are powerful enough to handle a 3x3, but chances are you need something more for a 4x4. The fan measurement you want to pay attention to is cfh. The higher the number the more air it moves, and the bigger tents it can scrub.

As far as the light, a lot of vendors say the light is 300watt, but they really mean it's equivalent to that in a different light type. Most times they tell you the true watts from the wall, and that's different, and usually much lower. Do you know the brand and model of the light?

Also, if you are getting a tent anyway, and you have the space now, I would do it before the flowering stretch, so you can let those amazing specimens do what they naturally want to do, and that's to be beasts, without the height and space restrictions.

Anyway, the best advice I ever records ever was to enjoy the grow! Have fun!

I have been preoccupied with life so I have not posted pics recently. My nl autos are 53 days old. Since this is my first time growing I have no idea if they are even looking healthy or doing what they should be doing at this point. I know I was advised not to do HST via all of the information I read but I did so anyways on the main cola of each plant. I also did LST and ALOT of leaf tucking lol. I trimmed the roots before flowering. Lollipopped a little too. I’m not sure if any of this stressed my plants or hindered their growth in any way so I’m hoping to get some input from the experienced growers here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 133
Yep, you definitely caught the grow bug! Sweet! If you want to do four plants, you will need at least a 3x3, with a 4x4 being optimal. Some 4 inch fans and carbon filter are powerful enough to handle a 3x3, but chances are you need something more for a 4x4. The fan measurement you want to pay attention to is cfh. The higher the number the more air it moves, and the bigger tents it can scrub.

As far as the light, a lot of vendors say the light is 300watt, but they really mean it's equivalent to that in a different light type. Most times they tell you the true watts from the wall, and that's different, and usually much lower. Do you know the brand and model of the light?

Also, if you are getting a tent anyway, and you have the space now, I would do it before the flowering stretch, so you can let those amazing specimens do what they naturally want to do, and that's to be beasts, without the height and space restrictions.

Anyway, the best advice I ever records ever was to enjoy the grow! Have fun!
Vivosun

Back