Indoor Northern Growlights NEW! Quantum Board Quick Build and Test

@pop22 … I literally just found this. So, is this new tech altogether, or just more LED spread across a board?
Why is it better than COB? Pardon my ignorance…

Shame I'm on the other side of the pond :fire:

Not so much new tech as better chips. These are top end Samsung chips. These boards are very efficient and low heat output. The whole light weights maybe 2.5 pounds........maybe less! I consider them at least equal to cobs and slightly more efficient than some. I like the form factor for light spread. I'm building the 4 board light with the intention of doing a vertical scrog in the near future, been a long time in planning stage. I'm likely the single cobs also. Big Smo is showing us what single cob placement can do! I just like this form factor better, but that is merely a personal choice. However, that little board put out a lot of light. Running it this hard, the heatsink is warm but not hot, I can rest my hand on it. I do plan to get a fan above it anyway.

4 of these boards @100 watts will give most SE HPS light a run for their money and would stomp a 600 watt HPS
A board and heatsink cost about $95 plus shipping. My 4 board light will cost when finished around will be about $530. You can't buy a light that will touch that for double the money!

@pop22 … I literally just found this. So, is this new tech altogether, or just more LED spread across a board?
Why is it better than COB? Pardon my ignorance…

Shame I'm on the other side of the pond :fire:

NICE dude, real nice. MAN, i tell ya I love these lights man, but the thing Ive ssen about these things is that it usually lightens the plant up and changes the color some. not a big fan of lesser green leaves LOL freaks me out. Im used to solid T5 lighting colors in my plants LOL! very kick ass man. Im trying to get a handle on the source of my wobbly soil atm. I think it might have been two thing or one maybe. the fuckin mammoth P imo it a top candidate ,not leaving easily,like somethings competing with the soil. dont believe its my water,but getting a new PH meter n stuff to test it better. litmus strip was fine also. 7 something. perfect actually for my norm. but Im working on it man. :D Im jealous too but I work my ass of n got no lights like that..LOL YET! needed a camera n a bed first.damn back is hosered

Think about outdoor plants, always lighter green. Why? More light! They may get lighter green, but it doesn't mean unhealthy! You'll see when I'm filling pails with bud..........lol!

NICE dude, real nice. MAN, i tell ya I love these lights man, but the thing Ive ssen about these things is that it usually lightens the plant up and changes the color some. not a big fan of lesser green leaves LOL freaks me out. Im used to solid T5 lighting colors in my plants LOL! very kick ass man. Im trying to get a handle on the source of my wobbly soil atm. I think it might have been two thing or one maybe. the fuckin mammoth P imo it a top candidate ,not leaving easily,like somethings competing with the soil. dont believe its my water,but getting a new PH meter n stuff to test it better. litmus strip was fine also. 7 something. perfect actually for my norm. but Im working on it man. :D Im jealous too but I work my ass of n got no lights like that..LOL YET! needed a camera n a bed first.damn back is hosered

yeah ive seen that too with my COB and the wierd or I guess natural for this type of lighting is it doesnt gren or repair easily. well I say repair I just mean re green up really. hasnt for me a cpl did when moved from that light,but its interesting. I know they produce,HANDS DOWN! lol seen it. but the color flips me out. LOL! :) its kinda funny

Back