Indoor Northern Growlights NEW! Quantum Board Quick Build and Test

@PhotonLabs I just got the 2 90watt board kits in the mail today. Couldn't be happier with the boards and customer service! Thanks Robin!

20170121_203736.jpg

These were a snap to put together. Screw the board to the heatsink, attach the driver to light, wire it up, plug it in, and hang. Easy peasy and done in probably 10 minutes.

I'm going to finish my current grow with them and then start another after. Pretty stoked to see what these can do!

You got some awesome lights there!

@PhotonLabs I just got the 2 90watt board kits in the mail today. Couldn't be happier with the boards and customer service! Thanks Robin!

View attachment 690618

These were a snap to put together. Screw the board to the heatsink, attach the driver to light, wire it up, plug it in, and hang. Easy peasy and done in probably 10 minutes.

I'm going to finish my current grow with them and then start another after. Pretty stoked to see what these can do!

looking into these boards @pop22 , how many would i need for a 1.2m square tent ??
do you think these are the way forward ,better than cobs ??
getting fed up waitng for grownortherns new light .

thanks

4 boards would do it, 6 could max the lighting. I think they go hand in hand with cobs. I like the light engines/single cob lights. Check out Big Smo's single cob lights he's building and AFN is selling. Its a great product! I like the boards for the nice, even coverage. This type light might become the default standard, we'll see, but for sure they are the new star on the block!

looking into these boards @pop22 , how many would i need for a 1.2m square tent ??
do you think these are the way forward ,better than cobs ??
getting fed up waitng for grownortherns new light .

thanks

Update:
Got my order in for 5 of the new Slate 2 heatsinks! As soon as I have them, I'll upgrade my current light and finally get it into service. I've waited because I plan to run it hard for a while and wanted the better heatsink. It will run at about 115 watts. The 4 board light will be run at about 75 watts per board. I'll post pics when the new heatsinks arive.

4 boards would do it, 6 could max the lighting. I think they go hand in hand with cobs. I like the light engines/single cob lights. Check out Big Smo's single cob lights he's building and AFN is selling. Its a great product! I like the boards for the nice, even coverage. This type light might become the default standard, we'll see, but for sure they are the new star on the block!
thanks pop22, im also interested in the cobs and am watching bigsmo`s grow but he`s said to another member that he`s unable to post to the uk at the
minute ,hopefully this will change - like you said quantum boards and cobs would be special combination,look forward to your updates.
atb :thumbsup:

WOOOOOOOOOOO! Got it up and running1 New Slate 2 heatsink came yesterday so I can run this board at about 115 watts. Driver I'm using is a Meanwell HLG-185H-C1050b. I'm running it wide open, no dimmer so may be hitting 120 watts. Haven't calculated ppf of ppfd. Boy are my ladies going to be happy!!
Now I have a 4 board light to build also! Monday will be build day!
Also, I found some 18 guage stranded twin lead at True Value Hardware. Much nicer to use than the solid wire, especially for runs inside the tent as its pliable.

slate 2 jeatsink pic1.jpg
Quantum board with slate 2 jeatsink pic1.jpg
Quantum board with slate 2 jeatsink pic2.jpg

LOL! Don't be, I worked my ass off to afford these! But now all my cheap lights will get replaced with efficient, powerful lighting! I'll be using a few single cobs here and there also, and may run 2-4 single cob light's like Big Smo's in my small tent.

I'm sooooo jeeeelllyyy of youuu :pass::cooldance:

Back