Indoor Northern Growlights NEW! Quantum Board Quick Build and Test

Here is the 45W-95W kit. All you need a wire stripper, screw drivers and zip ties.
I assembled mine in 9 minutes
upload_2016-12-20_19-29-59.png

upload_2016-12-20_19-31-44.png upload_2016-12-20_19-33-46.png upload_2016-12-20_19-34-33.png upload_2016-12-20_19-35-17.png

upload_2016-12-20_19-32-40.png

Wooooooooo! Just ordered 4 more boards! Going to replace all my lights except my Mod420. Got to wait for a new order of heatsinks to come in. Ordered an HLG320H-C2800b driver to run all four boards @ 70-75 watts each. This will be the base for my first vertical grow!

Here's info posted on another forum:

We are consolidating the inventory

There will be 12 pcs 90W Kits available this Thursday-Friday.
There will be 60-75 Boards available this Thursday-Friday.
We have very few Board heatsinks left. 10-15 pcs. Will be available by Friday.

We cannot accept pre order on Board Heatsinks as quantity is too low and we dont know how many we have left.

More QB304 boards are on order and will be available 3rd week of Jan. There are limited 4000K boards too. If someone wants 5000K then let us know asap

We have 2 suppliers making heatsinks and so heatsinks will be restocked soon. 3rd week of Jan.
We are also designing a new heatsink that can hold 3 boards. Like a 3x of Slate 1
We are also designing a new version of heatsink for single board that will be around $20 and can handle more power.

These boards look great but I noticed they are out of stock. @PhotonLabs any ideas when they wI'll be back in stock?

Here's info posted on another forum:

We are consolidating the inventory

There will be 12 pcs 90W Kits available this Thursday-Friday.
There will be 60-75 Boards available this Thursday-Friday.
We have very few Board heatsinks left. 10-15 pcs. Will be available by Friday.

We cannot accept pre order on Board Heatsinks as quantity is too low and we dont know how many we have left.

More QB304 boards are on order and will be available 3rd week of Jan. There are limited 4000K boards too. If someone wants 5000K then let us know asap

We have 2 suppliers making heatsinks and so heatsinks will be restocked soon. 3rd week of Jan.
We are also designing a new heatsink that can hold 3 boards. Like a 3x of Slate 1
We are also designing a new version of heatsink for single board that will be around $20 and can handle more power.

Wow thanks man!:pass:

Pop why are they changing up so much. Just when DIY started taking off they switched to boards and now a consolidation. That usually means another change. The boards look nice. I was getting into the Samsung strips when the boards became popular. Very bright.

Boards were not selling well.
Had to design heatsinks predrilled for boards and then sales picked up.
Plenty of boards in stock and more coming.
Only 4 heatsinks left for 4 kits.
More heatsinks are on order. Supplier will ship before China holiday. Another 10-14 days. 3 shipments of heatsinks scheduled to arrive next 4 weeks.

Boards not going to change. They work well. Only change will be a bin jump and new bin will be available in 2-3 months.

They are taking things in a new direction for the DIY community, and in the commercial sector. There is certainly still a place for cobs, I plan on 2 more light engines and will move all four to the Mod420 tent and place one in each corner. My other tent will get a 4 Quantum board light as soon as I have heatsinks, got the boards and drivers. Will do a build thread.

After firing up that one board, I knew this was the way to go though, especially when growing in a tent. The amount of light is just incredible and the price can't be beat.

I think one thing never mentioned when recommending cob or board led lights is, upping your light this much is going to change your grow in ways you wouldn't expect. You need to be ready to up your game! Your plants are going to want more nutrients in order to make use of all that light, more water also. Plants will transpire more, raising the humidity, requiring good air movement. I saw this with the MOD420 light, my plant were getting light green, when they had been dark. Had to up the ppms from 450ppms to 650ppms to get the plants looking right to me. Yes, that seems low right? With the nutrients I was running, SeaGrow, I had a couple plants looking N toxic at 500 ppms in a previous grow! The Fruit test plants were run at 600-675ppms and did fine. Current plants under the light are all in organic soil and loving the light!

Pop why are they changing up so much. Just when DIY started taking off they switched to boards and now a consolidation. That usually means another change. The boards look nice. I was getting into the Samsung strips when the boards became popular. Very bright.

Back