Week 4 day 28 update and the northern grow light Citizen COB light has the girls rock at 60 watts per COB.. feeding distilled water and .06 ML per gallon Mammoth P..

IMG_2048.JPG
IMG_2049.JPG
IMG_2050.JPG
IMG_2051.JPG
IMG_2052.JPG

Well........... I just had one of those DUH moments.............. I just realized that my nutrient solution is not strong enough! You see, I've been wondering why my plants, though obviously quite healthy, are lighter green than the others I see here. Not knowing what their natural coloring is, I just assumed they were one of those strains that tend to be light green. I was thinking thinking about a comment I'd made in another post, about the key to the best grow is balance: The right pot, with the right medium, feed at the optimal mixture, when you have powerful lighting! Then it dawned on me, I'm doing this test of this light, and plan similar lights to replace all my other lighting. Why? My auto pots taught me that my system had exceeded my lights abilities. My plants at only 600 - 650 ppms were dark green, looking in fact, borderline N toxic. I like running moderate ppm levels in coco, and have done so with success. BUT, this light is SO much more powerful than what I had, I just realized I'm going to have to raise the nutrient levels. I've been running super low, 475 ppms, so I'm going to go to 650 ppms and see if there is a change.

Well........... I just had one of those DUH moments.............. I just realized that my nutrient solution is not strong enough! You see, I've been wondering why my plants, though obviously quite healthy, are lighter green than the others I see here. Not knowing what their natural coloring is, I just assumed they were one of those strains that tend to be light green. I was thinking thinking about a comment I'd made in another post, about the key to the best grow is balance: The right pot, with the right medium, feed at the optimal mixture, when you have powerful lighting! Then it dawned on me, I'm doing this test of this light, and plan similar lights to replace all my other lighting. Why? My auto pots taught me that my system had exceeded my lights abilities. My plants at only 600 - 650 ppms were dark green, looking in fact, borderline N toxic. I like running moderate ppm levels in coco, and have done so with success. BUT, this light is SO much more powerful than what I had, I just realized I'm going to have to raise the nutrient levels. I've been running super low, 475 ppms, so I'm going to go to 650 ppms and see if there is a change.

Pop I think your absolutely right. Overlooked but not to late. My current strain is sucking up 1350 ppm every other day. 2-3 plants per 6 cobs and supplemental LEDs. Your increased growth rate is sure to devour 1-2 times the nutrients. I have also noticed 2-3 times the magnesium. something im testing is as my nutrient totals increase so does the amount of nitrogen. I will be figuring a way to get all parts increased without the extra N. Your plants are spot on as far as the photos show.

Thank you! I mixed 2.5 gallons to 825 ppms, 6.21 ph and added it to the res, I figure it will raise my ppms a bit over 100 ppms. And yes, I'm happy with my plants! I think what set me right was comparing them to the ducksfoot, which is growing in organic soil, gets no other nutrient. Look how green she is! I may have to go back to organics........

Pop I think your absolutely right. Overlooked but not to late. My current strain is sucking up 1350 ppm every other day. 2-3 plants per 6 cobs and supplemental LEDs. Your increased growth rate is sure to devour 1-2 times the nutrients. I have also noticed 2-3 times the magnesium. something im testing is as my nutrient totals increase so does the amount of nitrogen. I will be figuring a way to get all parts increased without the extra N. Your plants are spot on as far as the photos show.

Back