I attribute this to not transplanting them and starting them in their final pot.. I noticed them flowering faster when I started doing it this way
I strongly agree. Plus eliminating all the steps people go through to germ a seed faster always brings risk. Since I started growing I have messed up more taproots and lost more time trying to get a head start. Still have 100% success in final pot germinating.

Things are looking great pop22! I love seeing excitement in the cob grows as well. Another experienced grower seeing first hand how successful cob growing can be.

Thanks to photonlabs he suggested his choice amp meter. Little retro happening and it makes for a nifty onboard measuring tool

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 72
I strongly agree. Plus eliminating all the steps people go through to germ a seed faster always brings risk. Since I started growing I have messed up more taproots and lost more time trying to get a head start. Still have 100% success in final pot germinating.

Things are looking great pop22! I love seeing excitement in the cob grows as well. Another experienced grower seeing first hand how successful cob growing can be.
Root riot and a clear plastic cup and let her grow

I believe my transplants grow better root structures. I've damage 1 seedling out of 100+. For me, its a matter of space and timing when running multiple strains. Often my transplants get moved to bigger pots the day after I chop the finished plants. Sometimes, the same day. The last few months there have constantly been seedlings and clones in my veg cab.
Its whatever works for each of us, but I've proven beyond doubt that most autos transplant well.

I believe my transplants grow better root structures. I've damage 1 seedling out of 100+. For me, its a matter of space and timing when running multiple strains. Often my transplants get moved to bigger pots the day after I chop the finished plants. Sometimes, the same day. The last few months there have constantly been seedlings and clones in my veg cab.
Its whatever works for each of us, but I've proven beyond doubt that most autos transplant well.
My point was that I get my girls to show sex and flower faster by not having to transplant.. not that it doesn't work.. but your right whatever works for each person..

Update:
Week 4, day 2

Everything is rolling along smoothly! All plants show phenomenal growth! The real surpize here though, isn't the Optic Foliar treated plants, its the one I lost 1/2 the rootball on transplant. She has grown alot! I seriously doubt, she'll ever catch up to the others, but she's going for a damn fine finish I'd say! She's F2, front right.

The optic Foliar plants have not shows any particular advances yet, growth is very good on them, but so it is for the control plants. Color so far is the same across all plants, a medium green F4, right rear, is still the largest plant in the group.

As of today, all plant are now on the reservior. The res was topped with a solutiom of: 100 ppms of cal/mag and 375 ppms of Sea Grow 16-16-16. I'll take a closer look at the ladies tomorrow for signs of female parts.

I must say, these are very pampered looking ladies.......lol!

And Ducky just gets more beautiful! I need to clone her but hate too..........lol!

F1
F1 pic1 -10-31-2016.jpg

F2
F2 pic1 -10-31-2016.jpg

F3
F3 pic1 -10-31-2016.jpg

F4
F4 pic1 -10-31-2016.jpg

Ducksfoot
ducksfoot pic1 -10-31-2016.jpg

Last edited:
Update:

My Mod420 light still humming along at 200 watts, pumping out plenty of light for veg. The ladies will be going into flower soon, As soon as I see that, I'll take them up to 1400ma or about 70 watts each COB, and see if they can take the heat.
The lenses bottle up a lot of heat. I'd really like reflectors better I believe. In fact, next grow I plan to run with no lenses and do a scrog grow, run the light up close. I'll build a second light by then. another option is to use light engines, which are basically just a fancy, active heatsink. But I've seen them rated up to 250 watts.
I'm going to try to pick up an infrared thermometer and take some measurements. I have pretty good air blowing across the heatsinks and I have 4 fans on order and will build a lightweight frame to mount the with. We'll see how they do with air drawn through them.

VERY pleased with this light!

IMG_20161031_180232193.jpg

Last edited:
Back