Very nice job pop22! I have to say the bjb holders are by far my favorite but the lower voltages they can really add a significant amount of to the build cost total. Not sure if I missed it You picked up 2 hlg-240-c2100b but dimmed them down to 1400?

I love the thorough walk through. This should help a lot of folks out there.

UPDATE: temps are at 76F and RH is at 61%..distance is 20 inches and it has been roughly at 50% power.i flipped it to full power at 20" and we'll see what we see.also stuck to seedlings under it to see the difference between the behavior of the wee ones. look good otherwise though. cant wait for them to start flowering :D

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
009.JPG

1400ma was what was requested for the test, so that's what I'll run at. I just chose a different driver so that I had options in the future. I don't think this particular heatsink would be suitable for continuous 100watt+.

Hope to get the meter on the light soon, modding the box it will mount in is slow work for old, shaky hands lol!

And thank you! I tried to be as thorough as possible in documenting the build for just that reason. I also wanted to emphasize that though certainly not an easy build for someone who has never built/wired electrical equipment, anyone could do it by taking there time.

Someone should probably write up on how to use a volt/ohm meter.

Very nice job pop22! I have to say the bjb holders are by far my favorite but the lower voltages they can really add a significant amount of to the build cost total. Not sure if I missed it You picked up 2 hlg-240-c2100b but dimmed them down to 1400?

I love the thorough walk through. This should help a lot of folks out there.

Perfect. I would have done the same exact thing. The few dollars extra with the option to expand later is well worth it. Simple enough to figure with a cheapo plug in type but the ana/dig I meters just make the whole project look that much more scientific. I have a bunch of the refered meters but definitely going digital on my lower amp hard strips.

With what ngl offers DIY is as simple as it gets. I remember sourcing material from dozens of places and now it's click, add, pay now. As far as installation I think with reading your post is all it takes to get even the greenest builder a pretty sweet light. Tons of love for everyone involved. Arty did a nice job organizing, builders did excellent and Ngl just rocks!

Back