Indoor NL Auto-1-plant-grow transition to AutoCob and MegaCrop.

Day 38:

This entry is just for myself to remember what I did for next time. :)

I moved the solo cups into the tent and they look better after one day. The soil is still moist so I didn't water them either yesterday or today so far.
One is 6 days old today and the other is 2 days old.

The main plant is growing great, the light is about 15" away now.

Changed to 1/4 nutes but 1/2 strength Bud Explosion. I'm growing in FFOF that's been "cut" and so I think that contributes a lot of feed too.

PH: 6.5
Humidity is staying below 50% and it's generally closer to 40%.
Temp is 75 deg to 77 deg.

View attachment 956021 View attachment 956022
Nice plants and foot!

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Day 39:

Edited to add: I found the trouble, I misread the GreenLeaf chart and was giving her full strength nutes. I flushed her with a couple of cups of straight PH water. I'll see how she's doing tonight.

Here is the original post:

Might be trouble with one of the seedlings...

The one planted in FFOF/Perlite is doing fine. (it's the taller one) it broke soil on 9/24 so it's 7 days old today. The other smaller one broke ground on 9/28 and so it's 3 days old today but not looking healthy. It was planted in straight Pro-Mix HP+ which has nothing in it as far as nutes go.

I've been giving it 1/2 strength MegaCrop since the 2nd day but I see that the leaves are yellowing around the edges.

Too much nutes? Not enough nutes? Too much water? Not enough water?
I've been feeding it via syringe; some around the outside of the cup and a bit right at the seedling itself. (same pattern as the other one.)

IMG_3402.jpg
IMG_3405.jpg
IMG_3406.jpg

Last edited:
Day 40 and also day 8:

Day 40 for the main plant. I've upped the nutes slightly since learning that PPM count shouldn't include my water which is 120ppm. I raised the MC/SC/BE to 800ppm from 700ppm and she seems to be doing fine. The bud sites are getting more dense and everything looks ok. The roots are poking out of the bottom of the octopot sleeve into the reservoir.

As for the new plants; the one in FFOF/Perlite was ready to transplant (I hope She broke ground on the 24th of Sept) The leaves were close to being as wide as the solo cup and there was one root sticking out of the bottom hole of the cup. I used the split double cup method; I put a solo-cup sized hole into the Autopot soil, soaked it, drained it and then put the inner solo cup into the soil. I then lifted the solo cup out. It wasn't the smoothest thing ever..I didn't like this method. My other seedling is planted in the "double-solo-cup-with-windows-cut-out-of-it" method where the solo cup stays in the new pot, that will be much less traumatizing for her when her time comes.

I took a few pictures with a ruler to see how much my fumbling stunts her growth.

IMG_3421.jpg
IMG_3423.jpg
IMG_3422.jpg

Man looking really good. Really wish I would have went with the AutoCob. Oh well, I’ll get a couple of grow in with the Mars. I’m already in the dog house with the wife for the money spent.

Day 42 and day 10:

Still giving 1/2 strength nutes for this week. Next week it gets stepped up a bit, still the recommended 1/2 strength though. The big plant is drinking about 1/3 gallon a day. I'm giving the FFOF seedling (in the Autopot) straight PH water, I'm giving the runt (Pro-Mix HP+) 1/2 strength nutes. Watering from the top on the Autopot, and watering from the bottom on the solo cup.

The FFOF transplant is doing great...getting bigger and no signs of stunting. New leaves coming every day.

Unfortunately the runt isn't doing well. I don't know what happened. It's just stalled out and looking deformed. I'm going to bail out on it and germ a Blueberry Auto in it's place today.

Buds coming!
IMG_3458.jpg

The set up
IMG_3457.jpg

The runt day 6
IMG_3460.jpg

The good seedling day 10
IMG_3459.jpg

Last edited:
Day 43: (10th day of flowering)
Everything going great. The big girl is drinking almost a half gallon a day.

I moved the lights up as far as they would go because she's so big now. I just wish the buds would fatten up!

I upped the nute mixture to 3/4 dose.

We'll see what happens.

On the little ones, I didn't water today as I just watered yesterday. The FFOF one is looking good. The Auto Blueberry seed to replace the runt is in the paper towel as of 1am this morning.

IMG_3461.jpg

Day: 44
Plant is 20" from pot, lights at max height and plant within 15" of touching them!

Started 3/4 dose nutes two days ago and all looks well. Also started new Cal-Mag that doesn't have nitrogen included.

Water: PPM = 860, PH = 6.47

All else same.

Lots of bud sites, now just waiting for them to fatten up into giant colas. :)

Day 46:
Had to get a bigger tent....she's busting out of that one.
Apparently the 3/4 dose isn't good. Her tips are curling down and are turning yellow. I added a half gallon of straight PH water to thin things out. I'll report after work today on her progress.

Looks like I'm at 1/2 strength nutes for good on her. Since I started with FFOF/Pro-Mix/Perlite I'm assuming that there are still enough nutes in the soil to make 1/2 dose work fine. (Octopot recommends 1/2 doses due to the lossless nature of the system)

Back