New Grower New to forum, first grow journal of first ever grow!

hehe i was just about to point you there :smoking:a great article
i am at the other end of the spectrum,being a recreational eejit i like to get high in my head so will cut at the first sign of a single amber.its all personal preference so experiment a lil,try the two part harvest.
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

Chances are you will need to water daily in flower however you could possibly add one of those water globes into the soil whenever you go away? If gone for a while maybe add two lol or a drip system.

Chances are you will need to water daily or every other day in flower with the 1gals however you could possibly add one of those water globes into the soil whenever you go away? If gone for a while maybe add two lol or a drip system.

Humidity also plays a big part on when to water

Chances are you will need to water daily or every other day in flower with the 1gals however you could possibly add one of those water globes into the soil whenever you go away? If gone for a while maybe add two lol or a drip system.

Humidity also plays a big part on when to water

yeah my 3 gallon pot i currently only have to water every 3 or 4 days, with a dry cycle, and its in flower.but its not a large plant. have been thinking i might pick up a watering spike or something if need be later in plants lifecycle, but ill have ti play it by ear.

well its officially week 10! some upate pics for you all! seems a lot of pistols have changed colour, but trich are still appearing to be mostly clear from what i can tell through loup with some ccloudy ones, im not really seeing any amber trichs yet so still gonna let it continue to do its thing. also added a few pics of my new sprout in the 1 gallon container. this one stretched much more then my original sprout in the 3 gallon container, the first leaves got a little tip burnt right off the bat, guessing the seedling starter mix im using was a little hot. but seems to be doing just fine now. its sure grown a lot in the couple days i was away. now im just wondering how much longer the big girl has to go before i can start its flush, soil is still a hair damp so might just give it a little quick water just to get it through till im back home again on weekend for full watering.

20180620_094550.jpg
20180620_094618.jpg
20180620_094723.jpg
20180620_095116.jpg
20180620_095132.jpg
20180620_095237.jpg
20180620_095310.jpg
20180620_095319.jpg

okay well on second thought i decided to give full watering today, but all i used for nutes was part be of my two part bloom mix, the first part mainly is only nitrogen, so i skipped that and just went for the phophates for the buds. just went half strength. my leaves are atill all pretty green so figure there should be enough nitrogen for plant to pull from the leaves. heres hoping i made the right decision. im hoping to just continue feeding this way until i start to see some amber trics then ill just feed plain ph'd water at that point. from looking again at my trichs it appears that there still mostly clear at this point, so im hoping another couplde weeks or so to go at least. the buds are definitly getting denser though so thats a plus! do you guys think im okay skipping nitrogen at this point, even if theres still 2 or 3 weeks to go before harvest? there is still i believe 2 percent nitrogen in my part b nutes.

well just a super quick update on the new sprout, im not keeping any kind of technical grow log or anything on this one, not even tracking how old it is exactly, its about a week old give or take. its growing like a rocket compared to my other plant. just topped it yesterday at the third node. this thing is very energetic already starting to grow side branches. must have been a really strong seed. or im just doing things better from what ive learned so far.
the bigger girl is fattening up nice, showing lots of cloudy trichs now, once i get mostly cloudy and roughly 30 percent amber im going to harvest her and start the water cure.

20180625_110030.jpg
20180625_110219.jpg

well figured id throw in another quick update! leaves are yellowing off and dying on the big girl pretty good right now, mostly all trichs are ckloudy with still a few clear ones and a little amber starting to show in random spots, im hoping that maybe ill be able to chop her by the weekend, but ill see how shes looking then. the buds are not overly huge but there definitly seeming to be very dense to me so no complaints in that department. ive got everything ready for my water curing. i dont have a cooler or anything so im just going to water cure in a medium sized stock pot that i have kicking around. i picked up some cheese cloth that im going to gently wrap the buds up in to keep them in one place, and just going to carefully submerge them under water, changing it out as often as im able to for around 7 to 10 days. i wasnt able to get any ro water for the cure but i figure my city water will do just fine, ill just cure a couple days longer if need be. also my little 1 gallon girl has been taking off like crazy lately, much stronger and faster growth then my original grow, i dont know if its just genetics or the fact that i used a different soil (pro mix brand) but its thriving and doing very well. my topping at third node went very well plant didnt even stutter and already have the main stem split into two branches about 1 inch long each so far. at this point im just going to let it do its thing for now with some mild defol here and there. and ill also probably start it on 1/4 or 1/2 strength nutes next watering or so.
as always ill continut to post random updates on here, and ill be sure to post when i do the chop,trim and cure process. so wish me luck all!

20180702_212612.jpg
20180702_212626.jpg
20180702_212654.jpg
20180702_212806.jpg
20180702_212810.jpg

last couple of weeks my plants tend to be green green so i drop the N part to.
even the relitively easy task of watering can be a grey (gray) area,and can take a number of grows to get the hang of,only then does it become a relitively easy task.change pot size and it can take another grow or two to adjust.we learn sometimes without realizing it.
looking good,you doin great :thumbsup:
:pighug:

Back