New Grower New to forum, first grow journal of first ever grow!

last couple of weeks my plants tend to be green green so i drop the N part to.
even the relitively easy task of watering can be a grey (gray) area,and can take a number of grows to get the hang of,only then does it become a relitively easy task.change pot size and it can take another grow or two to adjust.we learn sometimes without realizing it.
looking good,you doin great :thumbsup:
:pighug:
Well hey Archie, nice to hear from you. Seems my grow log isn't getting the attention it used to haha. I'm hoping maybe it's because the more experienced guys feel I'm doing okay on my own lol. But I keep updating anyway. And yeah I'll be checking the trichs on my plant when I get home Friday or Saturday. Might look at harvesting it if I'm seeing mostly all cloudy trichs. Or I might let it go one more week, haven't decided yet. But I'm pretty sure it would be good to harvest now if I wanted to. At least it looks to me like the trichs are cloudy. I have to try and snap some pics through my loup and post to see what people think.
And I also went way way against the rules of autos and decided to try mainlining my new girl. It could be a disaster but was super curious. I have it trimmed for 4 Colas right now. Going to let it heal up, and then need to decide if I just want to leave it at 4 or try going for 6. It's just a small 1 gallon grow so might just leave it at 4. My hope is that if it works, the plant will produce 4 nice fat Colas. I'll snap some pics of the progress on the new girl as well and post when I get back. Could be interesting for some people to see perhaps. Haven't found much on mainlining autos. So here's hoping it works. The new girl was growing very fast and strong, so thought it was a good plant to test it on.

i try my best to pop into as many threads as i can,as often as i can but its imposible to keep up.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/how-to-generate-traffic-in-new-grower-member-treads.50054/ pop into live stonners for a yarn sometime you free,pop into other folks threads thats been here or newish like you or have similar set up or growing the same plants.
some threads can be quite,some can blow up as soon as harvest,or can be dormant until someone comes along thats growing the same. @ a few people :pass:
if you in two minds when to harvest do it in two parts,its really really hard to kill a canna plant that has 2 weeks to live.
have seen a couple mainlinings stunted and budedelee,but like small pot grows just for fun so anything goes its not about yield.
good luck n keep er lit.

alright everyone very important question!!! ive attached several pics taken through my loup of the various buds on my plant, i need help knowing if this girl is good to harvest at this point???. There not the best quality, but its the best i could do. since its my first grow im having some trouble telling if shes good to chop or not.
ive also attached a couple pics of my new girl that im breaking the rules with and attempting to mainline for 4 colas in a one gallon pot, hacked it two days ago and it seems to be taking it pretty well,lol. fin experiment anyway!. but anyway yes the real important question is if i can harvest my bigger girl today!
FYI SHES 12 WEEKS 2 DAYS TODAY

20180706_063634.jpg
20180706_063704.jpg
20180706_063722.jpg
20180706_063811.jpg
20180706_063844.jpg
20180706_063948.jpg
20180706_064038.jpg
20180706_064100.jpg
20180706_064215.jpg
20180706_064224.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good. Nice job.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

if it was me id chop,but i like early head high (recreational eejit)most would wait 1 or 2 weeks more.but theres no right or wrong its grower/smokers choice :smoking:
you have read 912GreenSkell guides and the stickies ? i did post them :shrug:
looking great :thumbsup:

well today was the big day!!! after testing a little bud yesterday and liking the effects i chopped and trimmed today, ive attached pics of my harvest, i even kept the popcorn buds since when testing yesterday i discovered it only took me about 6 puffs or so to get a nice high (im thc sensitive,lol.) so even popcorn stuff should work for me. if my scale is correct ive clocked in at 176 grams wet, so im guessing after water curing and drying i might be somewhere around 35 or 40 grams, honestly i think thats pretty decent for a first time grow and will last me months,lol. i honestly dont know how good or bad my trim job was, ive never done it before but it looks okay to me. but feel free to chime in and give advice for futire grows. since im mwater curing i broke the plant up into smaller buds, wrapped them up in cheese cloth to keep everything together and have placed in a stock pot with ro water which ill be changing out daily when home and every 2 days when on the road. so ill probably cure for around 10 days or so. after that its into food dehydrator for drying and into a storage container with bovida 62rh storage packs. again feel free to leave any advice or comments on my trim work or anythign else you might feel is of value. and wish me luck on the water cure. im going to be very gentle when changing out the water (hence the cheese cloth). and hopefully all will go well. but truth be told i probably could have air dried if i wanted to becasue even the fast dried stuff i tested yesterday wasnt so terrible that i wouldnt smoke it. but i want my smoke to be as smooth and non-stinky as possible,lol.

and a huge shout out to everyone on here who helped me see this thorugh, i couldnat have done it withought all the great tips and advice from everyone on here!

20180707_142227.jpg
20180707_142227.jpg
20180707_142231.jpg
20180707_142238.jpg
20180707_142243.jpg
20180707_142249.jpg
20180707_142258.jpg
20180707_142302.jpg
20180707_143237.jpg
20180707_143810.jpg

Last edited:
well hello again to everyone whos checking this grow out, today is day 8 of my first grow. posting up a progress pic.
could anyone help me out and let me know if this growth is looking good for day 8? i cant help but think that it might be growing a little slow? everything appears healthy so far. temps in my tent have been constant at around 24c, rh steady at around 35%, ibe been giving light waterings when needed.

when should i start doing 1/4 strength nute feeding? i have sensi grow ph perfect A+B. bottle basically says i can use from seedling. but other things ive been reading are varying wildly. one source i read said you can start feeding at day 10, but then it also says to wait until 4th set of leaves appear. a little confused here.View attachment 894290
I just planted seeds in soil 6 days ago, I'm counting my first day as yesterday when they all 3 showed themselves...any input should I be counting them as day 6 today or day 2

Excellent job sir! I read your entire journal, way to hang in there. I'm about to be on my 3rd day above soil on my first ever grow myself; found a lot of answers to the same questions I have going through my mind. Hope your cure turns out awesome!

Excellent job sir! I read your entire journal, way to hang in there. I'm about to be on my 3rd day above soil on my first ever grow myself; found a lot of answers to the same questions I have going through my mind. Hope your cure turns out awesome!

Hey man! thanks for the kind words. And I want to wish you luck with your grow a well. If i can manage it anyone can, ha ha!. A lot of people have been scared to attempt to water cure an entire plant. So i figured Id take one for the team,lol. I love to try different things and experiment. All in all for a first grow i am very pleased with my end result of harvest so far. goes to show you can make mistakes with these plants and they will keep on rolling along. as you must know im on me second grow right now attempting a mainline experiment, Ill be coninuing to update this thread as time goes by so feel free to check back in at will. And ill be sure to update after my cure as well.

Back