New to AUTOPOT! Halp! <3

wow so i wasted like 30 entire days trying to go perfectly on the excact ph i wanted with only 0h down before many times redoing 30 45 minutes of work? haha :D Will try your method now. :) But nutes after? Doesnt nutes increase ph ?

wow so i wasted like 30 entire days trying to go perfectly on the excact ph i wanted with only 0h down before many times redoing 30 45 minutes of work? haha :D Will try your method now. :) But nutes after? Doesnt nutes increase ph ?
Which nutes are you using? Biobizz range?

It shouldn't effect things enough to worry.
Here's the Biobizz official word on buffereing

Which nutes are you using? Biobizz range?
I am using mega crop sweet candy and bud explosion, but my mega crop has been infected with moisture and much of it is clumped... might need to replace it... Been planing to add some candy as usual. The plant germinated 26.07.

i think i do my ph differant than you @blue are you saying you ph your water before adding nutes as i do mine afterwards so once i have all my stuff in mixed up i also make say either 10 litre buckets early on and later 20s so i mix everything and do all the ph in my bucket and afterwards monitor the res

i think i do my ph differant than you @blue are you saying you ph your water before adding nutes as i do mine afterwards so once i have all my stuff in mixed up i also make say either 10 litre buckets early on and later 20s so i mix everything and do all the ph in my bucket and afterwards monitor the res

He's using an organic PH down (citric) .. I've always thought that it doesn't stabalise well .. so my thinking was to get it down from 8 on one day, and check it the next.

I don't do PH at all - I just let the biobizz soil do its thing! I'm freed from the shackles of meters and technology (umm other than the LED light .. and everything else in the tent :rofl: )

Reading the Biobizz official statement, Verkhond will be fine to adjust PH after adding nutes (and think that's what i always did with the coco grows)

Although interestingly .... when i was monitoring EC and PH .. I'd add the feed first ... check the EC .. it's all good ... ccheck and adjust the PH .. and the PH adjustment would adjust the EC again ... so the merry frikken dance continues (if you're doing a stepped EC climb) .. so in the end i reationalised that the PH down has no nutritional value, so the extra EC could be disregarded.

But as i say, i'm free from that kinda level of commitment now :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have never checked EC, but i check ppm about every 2 or 3 waterings to have a ballpark ish knowledge how much ppm.. but mostly out of curiousty as i just plot in the numbers on greenleafs calc and do what told. :D it could become stressful as the ppm seem to increase after ph and after time settling.. https://greenleafnutrients.com/supplements-feeding-calculator/ <3This calculator. xD

I have never checked EC, but i check ppm about every 2 or 3 waterings to have a ballpark ish knowledge how much ppm.. but mostly out of curiousty as i just plot in the numbers on greenleafs calc and do what told. :D

If you're using organic nutes there's no point in checking the EC ... there won't be one :D (they don't show up like chem nutes)

It's chemical salt based nutes that add to EC. So it won't be necessary

edit: Also .. PPM and EC are kinda different ways of mesureing the same thing (chemical feed strength) If you're using Organic nutes, the PPM readings are probably just close to the original waters PPM readings :D

If you're using organic nutes there's no point in checking the EC ... there won't be one :D (they don't show up like chem nutes)

It's chemical salt based nutes that add to EC. So it won't be necessary

edit: Also .. PPM and EC are kinda different ways of mesureing the same thing (chemical feed strength) If you're using Organic nutes, the PPM readings are probably just close to the original waters PPM readings :D

hahahah!.... i didnt realize.. did know my stuff is vegie or something but man... ok good to know. :D thx

He's using an organic PH down (citric) .. I've always thought that it doesn't stabalise well .. so my thinking was to get it down from 8 on one day, and check it the next.

I don't do PH at all - I just let the biobizz soil do its thing! I'm freed from the shackles of meters and technology (umm other than the LED light .. and everything else in the tent :rofl: )

Reading the Biobizz official statement, Verkhond will be fine to adjust PH after adding nutes (and think that's what i always did with the coco grows)

Although interestingly .... when i was monitoring EC and PH .. I'd add the feed first ... check the EC .. it's all good ... ccheck and adjust the PH .. and the PH adjustment would adjust the EC again ... so the merry frikken dance continues (if you're doing a stepped EC climb) .. so in the end i reationalised that the PH down has no nutritional value, so the extra EC could be disregarded.

But as i say, i'm free from that kinda level of commitment now :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
as long as its getting to the right ph either way

Back