Mephisto Genetics New Mephisto Genetics Customer Service & Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might have asked this question in the wrong thread, so I'll ask it here instead...
How does mephisto genetics feel about other breeders using they're work in new projects?
Is there any chance of some official word from the mephisto team on this subject??.
Some breeders don't care, some encourage others to use they're work.
While some breeders wish to hold on tight and cast shade on others who do so.....it can get pretty touchy.

The ethical thing to do is ask...so I'm asking?..
Whats Mephs official stance and feelings on this question??

This is the hot topic of the breeding industry right lol? Does a breeder have some sort of intellectual property over their plant. I don't think we will ever come to a consensus on the topic as a community.

First off, you have the right to make seed from any plant. That is part of gardening and growing plants and everyone should make seed at some point in their gardening adventures. I save seed from my veggie garden every year.

When your introduce money into the equation that is where things get interesting. If someone S1 a popular strain made by Mephisto and selling it under the Mephisto name they are clearly taking advantage of not only our genetics but the brand as well. That's clearly frowned upon, and in another industry lawyers would probably get involved. Taking two mephisto crosses and breeding them to f1 and selling that is lazy breeding imo (we give that stuff away for free), but as long as you continuously credit the breeder there is not much wrong in the situation there.

Now I know there are a few whole brands based on our genetics with little to no mention of us in the lineage. These companies are the scum of the industry, but unfortunately there isnt much that can be done about it. IF your breeder isn't sharing the full genetic history of the strains they are working then you should question the authenticity of whats being used but also ethics behind that breeders practice.

Mephisto supports breeders in the industry doing things the right way, you can see an example of this when we gave out crosses from MainelyAutos during the blackfriday sale. Unfortunately there inst much that can be done about the people who choose to take advantage of companies brands and genetics.

We don't really focus on what other companies are doing, we focus on what we can control. If Mephisto can continue to offer new and innovative auto flowering genetics while providing a great service, then there is no reason to go with the knockoffs. The imitators will always be playing catch up at that point and riding our coat tails.

We are down to the last 10% orders from 4/20. your order will either ship today or tomorrow. I apologize for the long wait friend.
I hope mine ships in that last 10%. just checked and still listed as "processing". I'd live without the other stuff but really looking forward to the canna-cheese 1:1. not popping another seed until I get that one.

This is the hot topic of the breeding industry right lol? Does a breeder have some sort of intellectual property over their plant. I don't think we will ever come to a consensus on the topic as a community.

First off, you have the right to make seed from any plant. That is part of gardening and growing plants and everyone should make seed at some point in their gardening adventures. I save seed from my veggie garden every year.

When your introduce money into the equation that is where things get interesting. If someone S1 a popular strain made by Mephisto and selling it under the Mephisto name they are clearly taking advantage of not only our genetics but the brand as well. That's clearly frowned upon, and in another industry lawyers would probably get involved. Taking two mephisto crosses and breeding them to f1 and selling that is lazy breeding imo (we give that stuff away for free), but as long as you continuously credit the breeder there is not much wrong in the situation there.

Now I know there are a few whole brands based on our genetics with little to no mention of us in the lineage. These companies are the scum of the industry, but unfortunately there isnt much that can be done about it. IF your breeder isn't sharing the full genetic history of the strains they are working then you should question the authenticity of whats being used but also ethics behind that breeders practice.

Mephisto supports breeders in the industry doing things the right way, you can see an example of this when we gave out crosses from MainelyAutos during the blackfriday sale. Unfortunately there inst much that can be done about the people who choose to take advantage of companies brands and genetics.

We don't really focus on what other companies are doing, we focus on what we can control. If Mephisto can continue to offer new and innovative auto flowering genetics while providing a great service, then there is no reason to go with the knockoffs. The imitators will always be playing catch up at that point and riding our coat tails.

Thanks Stan for such a prompt response, I've been around along time, pre-afn..back when we fought to get an auto forum on icmag.
I understand breeder ethics of old.
I have a ton of respect for mephisto and what they have done to help progress the advancement of the autoflower cultivar.
I regret not staying in touch with everyone over the years, but life circumstances pulled me away and kept me from my passion for a long long time.
but I'm back now...I'll be reworking my old lines and making brand new ones..
First up, MAC, Mimosa and banana kush ,old lines godzilla grape and mothership.

The autoflower seed world is full of snakes, fakes and resellers..I can assure you, I am not one of those.

Hence why I asked the breeding question in the first place...its largely ethics, imo.

These days you can't trust what lineage of seeds your growing because of rebranding and money grabs.
They're are very few auto seed companies I trust these days, meph is one of the good guys.
I have always believed in giving credit to where it is due..so any work I put forward will mention all breeders and parties involved.

Obviously making s1's or 1to1 crosses of another breeders strains and making a profit off such a venture is fucking thievery....Hack pollen chucking and those who do so for profit should be dragged into the street like a stray dog, and be shot, drawn and quartered..lol

Congrats on Double grape, I was working towards a grape auto a decade ago, before I was unfortunately sidelined.
Its good to see it has been achieved.

Anyway, I Thank you for your response and look forward to the future.
I wish you and the mephisto team nothing but the best.

DIRT.

I hope mine ships in that last 10%. just checked and still listed as "processing". I'd live without the other stuff but really looking forward to the canna-cheese 1:1. not popping another seed until I get that one.
I ordered mine from Canadian store on 4/20, received them 4/26 and they were popped an in coco 4/29. I'm excited about this one too. Best of luck, if I figure out this blogging thing I might have a try at a journal.

I want to provide another update for US customers who ordered on 420/21.

The original plan was to have all orders out today, unfortunately the last 100 or so orders isn't going to make the cut. The bottle neck right now is sourcing packaging materials (small flat rate box), it seems that we used nearly every box in the state. We are looking at using padded mailers and other option but that doesn't work for all orders, particularly the larger orders with multiple packs. The remaining orders should ship by Saturday. I apologize for the delay, we will consider tossing in extra freebies for those orders who didn't make the expected deadline.

Thanks for your patience
Stan

@stan_mephisto
If I plan on ordering on May 4th as well should I let you know? I guess having more orders than you have boxes is one of those things you call a good problem lol. I understand that shit happens though, and it only slightly changes up my plans. Thanks for all you do.

I want to provide another update for US customers who ordered on 420/21.

The original plan was to have all orders out today, unfortunately the last 100 or so orders isn't going to make the cut. The bottle neck right now is sourcing packaging materials (small flat rate box), it seems that we used nearly every box in the state. We are looking at using padded mailers and other option but that doesn't work for all orders, particularly the larger orders with multiple packs. The remaining orders should ship by Saturday. I apologize for the delay, we will consider tossing in extra freebies for those orders who didn't make the expected deadline.

Thanks for your patience
Stan
Freebies are nice and make the wait all the more worth it in the long run.

@stan_mephisto , FWIW I see a company in my home State that is a blatant rip off of Mephisto. The "breeders" clearly have some seeds that were only GIVEN AS TESTERS. There is a zero percent chance than anyone could use Pink Panama to make seeds l, unless they were Mephisto testers or know somebody who is. This makes me disgusted! It also furthers my view on many people from my Home State being shady as fuck! I really hope that you guys lnow who I am talking about "breeder" wise. Personally if you can find out exactly who these turds are, take them off of any BETA tester list. They are literally using 2 of your plants to make 1 offs with similar names even.
That being said, we cannot stop people from using seeds to create more strains, that is essentially how everyone makes new seeds. It is when you literally just use Pollen to make 1 offs for a profit using only Mephisto strains and stealing the names as well that is downright wrong. I have a personal goal this year, and it is to start making seeds. But I wont be using Mephisto only strains or selling them under Mephisto names for a profit. Essentially you have to use someone elses seeds to make new strains. Mephisto had to choose an "Agent Orange" from Subcool to make their Orange strains. But they had to do the work to make the Autos. I can very easily use Colliodal Silver to make an Auto self pollinate. Then dust other Autos with said pollen. Which is what these "breeders" are doing. Taking a Pink Panama tester, making it self pollinate, then dusting Toof Decay with the pollen and then selling the seeds as an original cross. AND selling them for $10 per seed. It is not cool and frankly impossible to do all of that and actually test the seeds before selling them. Plus if they were good breeders they would see that Pink Panama was the worst out of the 4 Sativa/Haze Testers by far. Man it pisses me off!!! If I make seeds in the future, I will not be shady these these POS. But if I want to find a stud plant and create seeds from it, I have the rights to do so. But I would never use 2 Mephisto strains to make a new strain for profit. They did all of the real work already. My goal is to create some NEW crosses, using different breeders seeds and making completely new crosses. And they would be given out for free until refined. Peace,slow

@stan_mephisto , FWIW I see a company in my home State that is a blatant rip off of Mephisto. The "breeders" clearly have some seeds that were only GIVEN AS TESTERS. There is a zero percent chance than anyone could use Pink Panama to make seeds l, unless they were Mephisto testers or know somebody who is. This makes me disgusted! It also furthers my view on many people from my Home State being shady as fuck! I really hope that you guys lnow who I am talking about "breeder" wise. Personally if you can find out exactly who these turds are, take them off of any BETA tester list. They are literally using 2 of your plants to make 1 offs with similar names even.
That being said, we cannot stop people from using seeds to create more strains, that is essentially how everyone makes new seeds. It is when you literally just use Pollen to make 1 offs for a profit using only Mephisto strains and stealing the names as well that is downright wrong. I have a personal goal this year, and it is to start making seeds. But I wont be using Mephisto only strains or selling them under Mephisto names for a profit. Essentially you have to use someone elses seeds to make new strains. Mephisto had to choose an "Agent Orange" from Subcool to make their Orange strains. But they had to do the work to make the Autos. I can very easily use Colliodal Silver to make an Auto self pollinate. Then dust other Autos with said pollen. Which is what these "breeders" are doing. Taking a Pink Panama tester, making it self pollinate, then dusting Toof Decay with the pollen and then selling the seeds as an original cross. AND selling them for $10 per seed. It is not cool and frankly impossible to do all of that and actually test the seeds before selling them. Plus if they were good breeders they would see that Pink Panama was the worst out of the 4 Sativa/Haze Testers by far. Man it pisses me off!!! If I make seeds in the future, I will not be shady these these POS. But if I want to find a stud plant and create seeds from it, I have the rights to do so. But I would never use 2 Mephisto strains to make a new strain for profit. They did all of the real work already. My goal is to create some NEW crosses, using different breeders seeds and making completely new crosses. And they would be given out for free until refined. Peace,slow
So... let’s just get this out there. Does Chef Anna With the Pot ( chefannawhitelabel) have the blessings of Mephisto to hack their gear or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back