Mephisto Genetics New Mephisto Genetics Customer Service & Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nature has grown marijuana that way for millennia. I just put mine in soil too. No soak no paper towel. I run about 90% success rate. I will say 3 days is common to see something but I don't get truly concerned till after 5. That's just how I do it. I did use the soak and paper towel method but I started having less seed germination at one point and switched.

The soak and paper towel are cool as you know that seed is cracked before it's in the dirt, and that's reassuring. The old farmer Joe method is a little more keep your fingers crossed. But it works fine too. In all honesty I can't say one is better than the other. If I start to not have the same success I could go back to soak.

Hi Stan, I wonder if you could clear this up. I got SSxDG as my freebies this time around and I assumed this was Stilton special x double grape. Like your Port and Stilton but with the parents reversed. It could also be Sour Stomper x Double grape which might be more likely but it's not beyond Mephisto to throw in an extinct strain eg DBC X 3Bog recently (the one I was hoping for) So I'm genuinely puzzled ??? Either way I'm happy esp. if it's Sour Stomper ??? :kitty:

Hi Stan, I wonder if you could clear this up. I got SSxDG as my freebies this time around and I assumed this was Stilton special x double grape. Like your Port and Stilton but with the parents reversed. It could also be Sour Stomper x Double grape which might be more likely but it's not beyond Mephisto to throw in an extinct strain eg DBC X 3Bog recently (the one I was hoping for) So I'm genuinely puzzled ??? Either way I'm happy esp. if it's Sour Stomper ??? :kitty:

It's sour stomper x double grape!

Thanks! Maurice Good to know. I can add that to my other double grape freebie DGx3bog and Port and Stilton. Sweet! I had been considering Sour Stomper although it's out of stock so I couldn't be more pleased. I only ordered 3 seperate seeds. Haven't opened them yet but probs 6 as per. The pound is doing so badly against the Euro that this came to 50 Euros exactly (to the cent) on conversion and Mephisto came up trumps and I got 5 freebies and ones I'm extra pleased about So thanks to the weak pound for the extra seeds Every cloud and all that. Honestly I didn't just put in the cheapest order to see what FREEBIES I might get (honest) :cooldance:

Sowing marijuana seeds directly in soil is not a common practice. There are lots of ways to do it, but the most common method is the 24-48 hour soak in water in a warm dark room, followed by placing the seed into a moist paper towel until the tail sprouts, then placing it in soil.
You can also find the Mephisto germination method inside their Grow Guide, which can be found here:

I get that that's their way - I have been growing for 30+ years and enjoy usually a 100% germination rate. I soak in KNF seed treatment solution before planting. You try to tell me its the best way for a plant to be planted in paper towels I tell you you're nuts. My belief is they developed this teaching to help new growers succeed as picking the right soil to start and keep the temp and moisture correct can be challenging for a new grower. If you think pooping seeds in soil isn't a common practice then I don't know what planet you are on. Starting a seed in a paper towel is a un-natural occurrence and I am a Natural Farmer .... it is not my method that's the problem here, the other seeds came up fine. THis morning I see one of the new ones coming up and the helmet doesn't appear to be splitting... we'll see by tonight whats up. Also if you read my OP - another member of a group I am in had the whole pack fail or be stunted. on top of that I wasn't asking for advice on how to sprout I want to know if other people like the TWO of us are having issues and if they will do anything about it.....

I get that that's their way - I have been growing for 30+ years and enjoy usually a 100% germination rate. I soak in KNF seed treatment solution before planting. You try to tell me its the best way for a plant to be planted in paper towels I tell you you're nuts. My belief is they developed this teaching to help new growers succeed as picking the right soil to start and keep the temp and moisture correct can be challenging for a new grower. If you think pooping seeds in soil isn't a common practice then I don't know what planet you are on. Starting a seed in a paper towel is a un-natural occurrence and I am a Natural Farmer .... it is not my method that's the problem here, the other seeds came up fine. THis morning I see one of the new ones coming up and the helmet doesn't appear to be splitting... we'll see by tonight whats up. Also if you read my OP - another member of a group I am in had the whole pack fail or be stunted. on top of that I wasn't asking for advice on how to sprout I want to know if other people like the TWO of us are having issues and if they will do anything about it.....
Your not the only ones, and that's all I am going to say. I've experienced the same thing more than 20 times in 7 years growing their gear. From seeds not popping, to countless mutants. You're going to experience this too the more beans you pop. Truth.

:point:Seems very strange to me that you get these people that just joined and the first couple of posts they bad mouth one of the premier breeders of autoflowers. Just sayin':grrr2:

Buddy you can back off - I get you're trying to be protective - but I am hardly bad mouthing anyone if you're referring to me. I am asking if anyone else had a problem - stating my and another persons problem - go see the thread -or did you read my post? I love their work and from what I can see Stan seems a very straight forward guy. I am sure if he wasn't busy packing orders he would have responded and I expect it might be a few days before he does. I think you'd be better off asking questions rather than trying to besmirch my credibility. No one is perfect and I bet you're going to see a few folks having issues with that run. That is NOT badmouthing him or MG - it is asking whats up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back