Mephisto Genetics New Mephisto Genetics Customer Service & Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny how everyone thinks they know how to run an international business that supplies a grey market product to 6 continents. Its not as easy as everyone thinks, trust me on this lol. Let me try and address some of these points.

"And making excuses for over two years for not being able to meet even the demand for your mainstream strains. I was sympathetic when their website went down and when they llost their payment processor. But this went on and on and hasn't ended even to this day. They need to get their shit together or get out of the business. "

-We have upgraded servers twice now in the last 18 months, the latest upgrade has 100% solved the site crashing. No issues during the last two major drops where we sold out in hours. You can order with a CC in less than 2 minutes on our site while other "big name" banks and breeders are still having you send in cash or use some sketchy payment method like cashapp/venmo.

Raise prices? Yeah that ought to slow things down. Their average price is $15.00 a seed that's on the pricey side as it is.

-Law of supply and demand says we should raise prices based on how fast our product sells out. We are really trying to avoid the price hikes, we feel like our products is fairly priced when you compare with our competitors. We are not trying to price gouge, or take advantage of mass legalization, only trying to sell a quality product at a fair price.

"And I know how many viable seeds one mother plant can produce, so I have a decent idea of how many they are selling. Maybe they need to do like most other seed companies are doing, farm out the seed production to seed farms, hell, even DP doesn't grow all their own seed. "

-If we were to farm out all of our seed production then we would be no different then these white label giants in the industry who are only concerned with making money. We live and die by the Mephisto method of breeding; organic, small batch, hand sorted seeds. I am sure we would see a large decline in quality if we were to outsource our production.

-That's not to say we haven't increased production over the years, we are producing 5x the seeds we would have made back in 2018 when it was only the farm in Spain. The demand has outpaced production due to increased legalization in the US. We are continuing to scale up production with the farm in spain back in action, and a prospective farm in Canada in the works, but this sort of thing doesn't happen over night. Illinois was the last state to legalize home grow, they have accounted for 18% of all orders this year. That is a population of 12.5 million people getting the green light to grow cannabis in their own home.

-Some people like to reference 2018 as the golden years for mephisto, well when me and Brad took over order processing we were handed a notebook full of hand written orders and a paypal account where we had to email everyone an invoice. I think we have done a good job scaling up the business with a 5 independent websites and local distributors in 3 countries. We still have some of the fastest order processing in the business.

We have done our best here at Mephisto to try and manage peoples expectations. We don't advertise, or hype up any new releases, and yet the product still sells out in 2 hours. Did people also forget we have been dealing with a global pandemic for the last 5 months that has drastically affected the domestic and international supply chain. We have had delays, or had to find new sources from everything to stickers to soil. You know things have gone off the rails when you can't even get a load of dirt delivered to the farm.
So you guys are NOT outsourcing your breeding right? Thats the part I'm most interested in. And of course, no Price hike is always music to the ears! :smoking:

Thank you for the reply. . You have very loyal customers here who do much to promote you to others. Keeping them informed when you are having problems alleviates their concerns when appearances makes it look like your on shaky ground. None of the speculation would have occurred though if you could have given us information similar to this post sooner, something more than your usual terse responses would have helped. We here on AFN use to enjoy the occasional glimpse inside your business and detailed information we use to get from "Mitch". It was great customer relations! I know your time is limited, so if it was just a once a month post, giving us an update on what's happening at Mephisto it would be appreciated by all.

Its funny how everyone thinks they know how to run an international business that supplies a grey market product to 6 continents. Its not as easy as everyone thinks, trust me on this lol. Let me try and address some of these points.

"And making excuses for over two years for not being able to meet even the demand for your mainstream strains. I was sympathetic when their website went down and when they llost their payment processor. But this went on and on and hasn't ended even to this day. They need to get their shit together or get out of the business. "

-We have upgraded servers twice now in the last 18 months, the latest upgrade has 100% solved the site crashing. No issues during the last two major drops where we sold out in hours. You can order with a CC in less than 2 minutes on our site while other "big name" banks and breeders are still having you send in cash or use some sketchy payment method like cashapp/venmo.

Raise prices? Yeah that ought to slow things down. Their average price is $15.00 a seed that's on the pricey side as it is.

-Law of supply and demand says we should raise prices based on how fast our product sells out. We are really trying to avoid the price hikes, we feel like our products is fairly priced when you compare with our competitors. We are not trying to price gouge, or take advantage of mass legalization, only trying to sell a quality product at a fair price.

"And I know how many viable seeds one mother plant can produce, so I have a decent idea of how many they are selling. Maybe they need to do like most other seed companies are doing, farm out the seed production to seed farms, hell, even DP doesn't grow all their own seed. "

-If we were to farm out all of our seed production then we would be no different then these white label giants in the industry who are only concerned with making money. We live and die by the Mephisto method of breeding; organic, small batch, hand sorted seeds. I am sure we would see a large decline in quality if we were to outsource our production.

-That's not to say we haven't increased production over the years, we are producing 5x the seeds we would have made back in 2018 when it was only the farm in Spain. The demand has outpaced production due to increased legalization in the US. We are continuing to scale up production with the farm in spain back in action, and a prospective farm in Canada in the works, but this sort of thing doesn't happen over night. Illinois was the last state to legalize home grow, they have accounted for 18% of all orders this year. That is a population of 12.5 million people getting the green light to grow cannabis in their own home.

-Some people like to reference 2018 as the golden years for mephisto, well when me and Brad took over order processing we were handed a notebook full of hand written orders and a paypal account where we had to email everyone an invoice. I think we have done a good job scaling up the business with a 5 independent websites and local distributors in 3 countries. We still have some of the fastest order processing in the business.

We have done our best here at Mephisto to try and manage peoples expectations. We don't advertise, or hype up any new releases, and yet the product still sells out in 2 hours. Did people also forget we have been dealing with a global pandemic for the last 5 months that has drastically affected the domestic and international supply chain. We have had delays, or had to find new sources from everything to stickers to soil. You know things have gone off the rails when you can't even get a load of dirt delivered to the farm.

So you guys are NOT outsourcing your breeding right? Thats the part I'm most interested in. And of course, no Price hike is always music to the ears! :smoking:
I too am interested in this as there have been some reports that Mephisto has outsourced some of their seed production I will ask point blank because imo that’s what has separated y’all from everyone else. @stan_mephisto does Mephisto currently produce seed stock anywhere else but the actual Mephisto facilities? Or are there any plans like this in the works to handle The increased demand?

I
I too am interested in this as there have been some reports that Mephisto has outsourced some of their seed production I will ask point blank because imo that’s what has separated y’all from everyone else. @stan_mephisto does Mephisto currently produce seed stock anywhere else but the actual Mephisto facilities? Or are there any plans like this in the works to handle The increased demand?
That was what I was curious about since people in the roc bud thread were saying mephisto doesn't produce their own seeds anymore

Its funny how everyone thinks they know how to run an international business that supplies a grey market product to 6 continents. Its not as easy as everyone thinks, trust me on this lol.

I don’t get the condescending tone with you. Mitch and others were much better at Customer Service than you seem to be... This combined with the rest of the problems is why I spent over a grand with other Breeders the past 2 months. I was happy to be patient, to be supportive but not after witnessing this attitude from you several times here and on multiple platforms. Nope.

Also, I 100% agree with @pop22: (edited)

“You have very loyal customers here who do much to promote you to others. Keeping them informed when you are having problems alleviates their concerns when appearances makes it look like your on shaky ground. None of the speculation would have occurred though if you could have given us information similar to this post sooner, something more than your usual terse responses would have helped.”

I don’t get the “terse responses” from Stan when you have such an enthusiastic base of followers that want to support you with their hard earn dollars. I sympathized with ALL of Mephisto’s trials and tribulations til apathy clearly set in and customers/those that wanted to be customers were being treated poorly by expressing their obvious frustration. Having said that... I am happy to move on and away from Mephisto so any plucky poster that wants to pile that onto my response can save it.

thread *unwatched

Last edited:
As I seem to have been born without the diplomacy gene.......... I just want all to know I am trying to be constructive in my criticism. I hope Mephisto gets a handle on it's growing pains and continues to be sucessful.

As I seem to have been born without the diplomacy gene.......... I just want all to know I am trying to be constructive in my criticism. I hope Mephisto gets a handle on it's growing pains and continues to be sucessful.

No, you were very diplomatic, but more importantly we are both being truthful from the customers POV. Neither one of us are being disrespectful in any way, shape or form. I wish them the best, but I work too hard to give my dollars to people who are condescending in their responses to people that promoted them for years.

Very interesting thread! i too have been looking at the mephisto website and regretted not being able to pick up more. but each coin has two sides. I think it was good for @stan_mephisto to address some of these things, perhaps you guys should have a blog on your website to keep people informed monthly of what is going on, the inside look will help people get a perspective.

@pop22 i think you are actually very diplomatic, the fact that people are now having a meaningful discussion vs just venting their feelings is an achievement. I think what stan said is fair, the lasts posts in this have all been making great points for all sides. the size of this thread shows the great following these guys have an the market demand for what they do, i think its tough to balance all this.

fyi, linda seed has been working well for me, thats pop for that lead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back