Mephisto Genetics New Mephisto Genetics Customer Service & Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too big too fast too soon.

I think he's just a victim of his own success happening to really catch fire in the middle of Covid, where there's a lot of limiting factors impactiing the ability to grow to scale.. that coupled with having to relocate the entire operation late last year? I'm not sure about the history, but I thought there was an indepth post he made about that when it happened. I read up on it so I could learn more about the company.

Very interesting discussions. Looking forward to Stan chiming in to give some clarification.

He's made some comments on reddit regarding it, but not specifying one thing as the cause. Everything from demand being so insane, and them being small staffed that they are working skeleton crew to package and ship the product, following state safety guidelines pertaining to covid, to the USPS really having a hell of a time correctly processing orders and the delays its causing many customers. He's said he is opening and closing the store so that they can safely keep up with orders and make sure everything arrives timely. He's also said that more priority will be going to seedbanks in the future, regarding staples, and the new stuff will be purchasable at the store website (pretty sure that's how the explanation went. The downside as I understood it meant going through seedbanks meant you wouldnt get the banging 15+ freebies for $150 or whatever it is since they revamped it.

What would really be ideal is if there was one place we could find all his information at, instead of having to link back to several different forums.

I'd had this written up last night and forgot to post it. Oh well. Stan's posted and pretty much cleared up any discrepancies imo.

My only remaining critique is that @stan_mephisto , you post a lot of specific info to Reddit and some that was common knowledge to me from your posts there seem to not be known/seen here. It would be fantastic if you, or someone, had the time to post to one spot regularly(like a blog someone suggested previously i think) so that it could be easily linked to across the various forum formats that are used. I know you guys are strapped thin on human resources and time though. You guys have strapped a lot of my complaints I had when I first started purchasing at the beginning of the year(namely fixing up the website dramatically).

I have to be careful sharing detailed information about our business partners in a public forum I hope you all can understand that. I am trying to be as upfront as possible, but for obvious reasons there are things I can't spell out for you.

I have to be careful sharing detailed information about our business partners in a public forum I hope you all can understand that. I am trying to be as upfront as possible, but for obvious reasons there are things I can't spell out for you.
I am totally with ya. Is it something that you can dm me? One of the main reasons is because I do quite a bit of bulk ordering and have from y’all in the past. Also the reason it matters is because yalls standards may not be the same as someone else’s. And the small batch craft feel gets taken out of it ya know.

I think he's just a victim of his own success happening to really catch fire in the middle of Covid, where there's a lot of limiting factors impactiing the ability to grow to scale.. that coupled with having to relocate the entire operation late last year? I'm not sure about the history, but I thought there was an indepth post he made about that when it happened. I read up on it so I could learn more about the company.

He's made some comments on reddit regarding it, but not specifying one thing as the cause. Everything from demand being so insane, and them being small staffed that they are working skeleton crew to package and ship the product, following state safety guidelines pertaining to covid, to the USPS really having a hell of a time correctly processing orders and the delays its causing many customers. He's said he is opening and closing the store so that they can safely keep up with orders and make sure everything arrives timely. He's also said that more priority will be going to seedbanks in the future, regarding staples, and the new stuff will be purchasable at the store website (pretty sure that's how the explanation went. The downside as I understood it meant going through seedbanks meant you wouldnt get the banging 15+ freebies for $150 or whatever it is since they revamped it.

What would really be ideal is if there was one place we could find all his information at, instead of having to link back to several different forums.

I'd had this written up last night and forgot to post it. Oh well. Stan's posted and pretty much cleared up any discrepancies imo.

My only remaining critique is that @stan_mephisto , you post a lot of specific info to Reddit and some that was common knowledge to me from your posts there seem to not be known/seen here. It would be fantastic if you, or someone, had the time to post to one spot regularly(like a blog someone suggested previously i think) so that it could be easily linked to across the various forum formats that are used. I know you guys are strapped thin on human resources and time though. You guys have strapped a lot of my complaints I had when I first started purchasing at the beginning of the year(namely fixing up the website dramatically).

I do my best to try and post the same information to both platforms but a lot of times things get lost in the mix. With the increase in demand there isn't a lot of time at the end of the day to post updates on social or answer questions. We though the newsletter would be the solution to that problems, but they came with its own difficulties. Its hard to hire help for this sort of thing, as most questions would just end up getting diverted back to me anyhow. Staying involved on social seems to be the most taxing part of this job, that is why many of the other Mephisto team members avoid it entirely.

I am totally with ya. Is it something that you can dm me? One of the main reasons is because I do quite a bit of bulk ordering and have from y’all in the past. Also the reason it matters is because yalls standards may not be the same as someone else’s. And the small batch craft feel gets taken out of it ya know.

All the new stuff we have released or have planned to release has all been done in house. Canna-cheese, Hubbabubbahaze, Pink Panama, Super Orange Haze, Mango Smile, Livers bx1, Toofless Alien, Manbearalienpig, White crack, gold glue, Double Grape, orangutan, Wookie Special, Jammy Dodgers, Orange Biscuits, Sour Crinkle, Sour Alien Livers, AVT, Purple Nuggets have all been by directly by Mephisto. Still small batch, hence why they sell out so quickly.

Our commercial partner works almost entirely with our bulk department to serve large medical and recreational customers, not our retail side.

The basis of these complaints sound a lot like entitlement.

Does any one have an actual order to complain about? Or a seed issue, like herms or germ rates? What about receiving incorrect seeds, like a pack you didnt order? Or a pending refund or missing payment? Any one have any non emotional issues with Mephisto and their business?? No one cares how YOU would run a business.. This isn't a review board.. You don't hold stock in any breeders company..

Major Air Jordan sneakers sell out as soon as they drop. The NIKE website crashes as soon as the shoes are posted, thousands of people miss out on the release.. Then have to pay crazy resell prices. This happens multiple times a year. Everyone knows it. No is saying that NIKE needs to get their e-commerce together. Or that NIKE got to big to fast. Nor does any one let that stop them from trying to log on and buy the shoes every time they drop. Sounds like none of you ever had to put hundreds (or even thousands) of dollars in an envelope and send it to a PO box listed in the back of a weed magazine.. then just hope to get something back in a month or two. No number to call.. No email to send a message to.. No website to order from.. No forums to complain in.. No tracking number.. Smh.. Just be glad someone is willing to risk their lively hood, to sell, what is, for most of us, an illegal product..

We are talking about a company that has been on this site since like 2013 when they FIRST started out. before they were even selling seeds.. That company is now GLOBAL and probably now has more customers, than this site has members.. Which is +45k.. How many companies have you owed that made that transition without incident? Every few months this thread turns into an emotional dumpster for a couple of bad growers and a few fabusiness men.. Rarely is there a true customer complaint posted in this thread. It's kinda hard to believe that some of you are actually grown men.. With wives.. And kids.. And cannabis plants, lol.. Sheesh.. Some of these comments were OD cringe, lol.

Complaints about low stock? Did you forget that these are AUTOFLOWERS?? You can't keep a mother plant!! So EVERY release requires a new pheno hunt for the best female. And not just a 20 plant tent hunt. Hundreds of seeds/plants have too be grown out. And Then they have to be bred into being feminized. What if things don't go right or meet their standards? You want them to restock that strain stock anyway? So you can turn around and complain about the results? Thats an endless circle jerk. And of course you still want them to have time to make new auto crosses, crossed to all the new photo period hype strains too right? In the photo period world, once a strain is sold out, it's usually sold out for good. Photo period breeders don't keep restocking the same old strains over and over for years..

What are you guys REALLY asking Stan to do??? What do you really want from Mephisto at this point?

All the new stuff we have released or have planned to release has all been done in house. Canna-cheese, Hubbabubbahaze, Pink Panama, Super Orange Haze, Mango Smile, Livers bx1, Toofless Alien, Manbearalienpig, White crack, gold glue, Double Grape, orangutan, Wookie Special, Jammy Dodgers, Orange Biscuits, Sour Crinkle, Sour Alien Livers, AVT, Purple Nuggets have all been by directly by Mephisto. Still small batch, hence why they sell out so quickly.

Our commercial partner works almost entirely with our bulk department to serve large medical and recreational customers, not our retail side.
Gotcha. This makes sense to me

Well that’s awesome u just went down the list and every strain I have bought or even ran is on that list! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

This is probably where some may have got the impression "thru the grapevine" that Mephisto has outsourced their seed production.
Stan, I don't envy you having to participate in social media. I've been there and done that! BOY HAVE I!!!:wall:
From fanboys, false rumors, ridiculous claims of competitors product to bad info that costs people money or actual physical injury. And that doesn't include actual promotion of your product or services. I frigging hated it! Stupid crap could snowball so damn easily and quickly. Sometimes I felt like a fireman putting out fires!
I LOVED what I did! Crap like the above slowly ate away the love of something that started off as a hobby, progressed to an obsession and eventually became a thriving business.
I completely understand others at Meph avoidance in participating!
All I can say is stick to your core values!

The basis of these complaints sound a lot like entitlement.

Does any one have an actual order to complain about? Or a seed issue, like herms or germ rates? What about receiving incorrect seeds, like a pack you didnt order? Or a pending refund or missing payment? Any one have any non emotional issues with Mephisto and their business?? No one cares how YOU would run a business.. This isn't a review board.. You don't hold stock in any breeders company..

Major Air Jordan sneakers sell out as soon as they drop. The NIKE website crashes as soon as the shoes are posted, thousands of people miss out on the release.. Then have to pay crazy resell prices. This happens multiple times a year. Everyone knows it. No is saying that NIKE needs to get their e-commerce together. Or that NIKE got to big to fast. Nor does any one let that stop them from trying to log on and buy the shoes every time they drop. Sounds like none of you ever had to put hundreds (or even thousands) of dollars in an envelope and send it to a PO box listed in the back of a weed magazine.. then just hope to get something back in a month or two. No number to call.. No email to send a message to.. No website to order from.. No forums to complain in.. No tracking number.. Smh.. Just be glad someone is willing to risk their lively hood, to sell, what is, for most of us, an illegal product..

We are talking about a company that has been on this site since like 2013 when they FIRST started out. before they were even selling seeds.. That company is now GLOBAL and probably now has more customers, than this site has members.. Which is +45k.. How many companies have you owed that made that transition without incident? Every few months this thread turns into an emotional dumpster for a couple of bad growers and a few fabusiness men.. Rarely is there a true customer complaint posted in this thread. It's kinda hard to believe that some of you are actually grown men.. With wives.. And kids.. And cannabis plants, lol.. Sheesh.. Some of these comments were OD cringe, lol.

Complaints about low stock? Did you forget that these are AUTOFLOWERS?? You can't keep a mother plant!! So EVERY release requires a new pheno hunt for the best female. And not just a 20 plant tent hunt. Hundreds of seeds/plants have too be grown out. And Then they have to be bred into being feminized. What if things don't go right or meet their standards? You want them to restock that strain stock anyway? So you can turn around and complain about the results? Thats an endless circle jerk. And of course you still want them to have time to make new auto crosses, crossed to all the new photo period hype strains too right? In the photo period world, once a strain is sold out, it's usually sold out for good. Photo period breeders don't keep restocking the same old strains over and over for years..

What are you guys REALLY asking Stan to do??? What do you really want from Mephisto at this point?

This is the most beautiful thing I've read on this site. Cheers, Proph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back