Day42.
I bent her over anyways,to make better use of my lights.Ive lowered my Hans panel to cover mainly the bottom of the plant.
DSCF4456.JPG
DSCF4460.JPG

I will be germing a HBSS next week to be grown in a bubble bucket.
Got me a Blue Lab ph pen,ive had it soaking in KCl solution for 24 hours prior to calibration.Im just off to do it now

Oh boy - a new toy to play with. Have not used my pH pen for almost 2 years. But I do use my pH soil probe weekly. I plan to give hydro a go after this grow so I guess I'll have to dust off my pH pen - hope the sensor is still good. lol

Oh boy - a new toy to play with. Have not used my pH pen for almost 2 years. But I do use my pH soil probe weekly. I plan to give hydro a go after this grow so I guess I'll have to dust off my pH pen - hope the sensor is still good. lol
I wish you luck with your old ph pen Ducks,the sensors don't like to dry out.
What method of hydro are you going to employ?
Thanks for dropping in mate.

Oh no worries on the pen. Mine has a replaceable pH sensor cartridge. Will be taking it out soon to try and set the offset and slope. If a no go, I just get a replacement cartridge. No biggy, I've been working with water quality instrumentation and control systems for 30 years, I know the drill.

My cab came with a DWC hydro setup that I have never used. Figured I would give it a go. I will also do a drip feed until the roots hit the reservoir. It has a backup reservoir with a float switch to keep things topped off between reservoir changes. Also has chiller to keep the reservoir water cool. Figured I needed to try it at least once. In my early research, I remember reading in several places that hydro usually gives a better yield, but soil usually gives better quality. I'm thinking you have done both is the same space/environment, what's your opinion?

Oh no worries on the pen. Mine has a replaceable pH sensor cartridge. Will be taking it out soon to try and set the offset and slope. If a no go, I just get a replacement cartridge. No biggy, I've been working with water quality instrumentation and control systems for 30 years, I know the drill.

My cab came with a DWC hydro setup that I have never used. Figured I would give it a go. I will also do a drip feed until the roots hit the reservoir. It has a backup reservoir with a float switch to keep things topped off between reservoir changes. Also has chiller to keep the reservoir water cool. Figured I needed to try it at least once. In my early research, I remember reading in several places that hydro usually gives a better yield, but soil usually gives better quality. I'm thinking you have done both is the same space/environment, what's your opinion?
Ive not grew in soil Ducks only coco which is hydro,ive grew organically in coco and the quality of smoke is much better than using chemical ferts.IMO.I tried growing organic in coco using DWC drip feed but got sick of changing the res every 3 days and sterilising everything.
Ive done away with coco and organics for the time being,water is easier to work with.
The DWC set up in your cab sounds cool and I should have remembered about your knowledge of water quality,sounds like a pro ph pen with replaceable sensors.

Last edited:
Sorry thought you were doing soil - hard to keep it all straight sometimes lol. It's a HM Digital pH-200 not too pricey and it has replaceable electrode and is waterproof. I used to just throw it in the hot tub to get my measurement.

Day42.
I bent her over anyways,to make better use of my lights.Ive lowered my Hans panel to cover mainly the bottom of the plant.
View attachment 651441 View attachment 651442
I will be germing a HBSS next week to be grown in a bubble bucket.
Got me a Blue Lab ph pen,ive had it soaking in KCl solution for 24 hours prior to calibration.Im just off to do it now
Red had mine for nearly two years now I'm afraid to say I never clean it or store it in the solution and the buggers still spot on I've got the ph 4 and the ph 7 tester solution really is a top bit of kit [emoji106]

Amused ourselves to death

Red had mine for nearly two years now I'm afraid to say I never clean it or store it in the solution and the buggers still spot on I've got the ph 4 and the ph 7 tester solution really is a top bit of kit [emoji106]

Amused ourselves to death
I remembered you saying in your thread that you had a neglected blue lab ph pen that was stil reading spot on.Thats why i bought one,along with the cleaning fluid,storage fluid and buffers 4 and 7.Nice to know that if i get forgetfull or lazy my ph pen has a good chance of survival.
Thanks for dropping in mate.

Day 49.
Shes grown a little since last week but is slowing down now i think.She likes her feeds about 400ppm.
Im not using grow nutes at all and very little of the micro,0.3ml/l,One ml/l of canna micro allows me to cut down on the N thats in the micro nutes.One ml/l of cal /mag
gives me 2% N plus about i.6% from the GH micro,should be plenty in early flower.
Im pleased with her progress so far,the buds seem to be doing better with less N but that might be wishfull thinking on my behalf.
Couple of pics,
DSCF4461.JPG
DSCF4462.JPG
DSCF4465.JPG

Thats it for this week folks,thanks for your time.

Day 64.
Sorry about missing last weeks update,other things on my mind and i couldnt be arsed.
Shes started to yellow up a bit as expected but it looks more like a micro def to me,so ive upped the canna micro by 0.25ml/l.
Shes also been showing the claw for a few weeks but ive hardly overfed her anything especially N which is the usual culprit but not always.I was told
that overfeeding of other nutes can cause it too.Shes a light feeder too so would be easy to overfeed anything i suppose.
I reckon she could go another 3 weeks but it will be more like 2 as ive run out of bud again.Probs because i had things on my mind and going bang at it.
Not to worry though,theres people in the World worse off than me.
Couple of pics.
DSCF4467.JPG

DSCF4468.JPG

Well thats it for now folks,thanks for dropping by.

Back