New grower taking on rocbudinc!!

Also, should I germinate the seeds or just stick them in the pot?

I’d get a glass of water and add a splash of hydrogen peroxide and let em soak for 24hrs! Extra points if u have a seedling mat and can keep that seed soak at 80F! :thumbsup:

Don't take any offense to the below!

Guys!
He has a 2x4 tent..............not a big greenhouse or a lag.It's 2 or 3 seeds at a time.
After a 24 hr soak, he can easily see a tap or what is the bottom of the seed. Just plant tail down two seed lengths deep, thinly cover, a light spritz of water on top and mist the inside of a clear dome.....clear plastic cup, cut down soda bottle or sauerkraut jar(WIDE mouth)...........place on top of seed and wait.

I'm a newb at sprouting canna, but I've only had 2 fails out of 24 seeds..........one was my fault and one was a bad seed. That's 91.6666% success and all that sprouted lived. I'd say that's about the norm for most people, no matter what the method.

Now, that being said, he could get a seedling mat and also use it to make SST(Seed Sprout Tea)

Just remember everyone helping, he's a newb at canna. He needs basic info to get him uneventfully thru all the stages of a grow to get one under his belt.
Basics:
Managing the environment to follow the proper VPD at each stage of the plant's life.
Learning how to properly water
Learning how to properly feed.............plant or soil
Learning how to read the plant...............they tell us a lot!
Attention to all of the above determines the outcome of your grow.

I just don't want MadWolf to get into that mindset that it takes a LOT of different things to grow good canna, when it's not even needed for growing great canna. That mindset makes nute companies lots of money and they prey on that mindset. Just go to any grow store and look at all the "stuff" on the shelves.

Sounds like a tight fit. I don't have a carbon filter yet. Once it comes in, I can hook it up outside tent and get same results, correct? And thank you!! I want to start now but I gotta wait for the beans to get here
Yes you can have filter on the outside Of tent. I know how you feel buddy, I was prepping kit for 2 months before I started lol btw your in for a bit of a journey, a good one though and you will learn heap loads with your 1st. Good luck buddy When your beans arrive, we’re all here if you need anything.

Also, should I germinate the seeds or just stick them in the pot?
People do just stick them straight into final pot, personally I would germ first, or you will be very tempted to stick your fingers in and have a mooch around your pot to see if she’s popped. Lol not good. I went with a moist paper towel and a sealed lunch bag, left on top of fridge for 24/48 hours. Hey presto they popped.
im right along side you buddy it’s a bit of a minefield and a huge overload of info for newbies . Take it all on board but just cherry pick what’s relevant for you , try and keep it simple for now.

Don't take any offense to the below!

Guys!
He has a 2x4 tent..............not a big greenhouse or a lag.It's 2 or 3 seeds at a time.
After a 24 hr soak, he can easily see a tap or what is the bottom of the seed. Just plant tail down two seed lengths deep, thinly cover, a light spritz of water on top and mist the inside of a clear dome.....clear plastic cup, cut down soda bottle or sauerkraut jar(WIDE mouth)...........place on top of seed and wait.

I'm a newb at sprouting canna, but I've only had 2 fails out of 24 seeds..........one was my fault and one was a bad seed. That's 91.6666% success and all that sprouted lived. I'd say that's about the norm for most people, no matter what the method.

Now, that being said, he could get a seedling mat and also use it to make SST(Seed Sprout Tea)

Just remember everyone helping, he's a newb at canna. He needs basic info to get him uneventfully thru all the stages of a grow to get one under his belt.
Basics:
Managing the environment to follow the proper VPD at each stage of the plant's life.
Learning how to properly water
Learning how to properly feed.............plant or soil
Learning how to read the plant...............they tell us a lot!
Attention to all of the above determines the outcome of your grow.

I just don't want MadWolf to get into that mindset that it takes a LOT of different things to grow good canna, when it's not even needed for growing great canna. That mindset makes nute companies lots of money and they prey on that mindset. Just go to any grow store and look at all the "stuff" on the shelves.
Well I'd like to start by learning how to properly water. That is one of my biggest fears. Over watering or not watering enough. And autos are picky with water, correct?

Yes you can have filter on the outside Of tent. I know how you feel buddy, I was prepping kit for 2 months before I started lol btw your in for a bit of a journey, a good one though and you will learn heap loads with your 1st. Good luck buddy When your beans arrive, we’re all here if you need anything.
Thank you!!

People do just stick them straight into final pot, personally I would germ first, or you will be very tempted to stick your fingers in and have a mooch around your pot to see if she’s popped. Lol not good. I went with a moist paper towel and a sealed lunch bag, left on top of fridge for 24/48 hours. Hey presto they popped.
im right along side you buddy it’s a bit of a minefield and a huge overload of info for newbies . Take it all on board but just cherry pick what’s relevant for you , try and keep it simple for now.
Thanks man. I will go ahead and germinate first!

Well I'd like to start by learning how to properly water. That is one of my biggest fears. Over watering or not watering enough. And autos are picky with water, correct?
You will over water on your first grow. You will underwater on your first grow. Lmao. Bit of an art all to itself that one, but your find your way, your plant will let you know aswell.

Back