New grower taking on rocbudinc!!

Autos are "picky" with watering just like photos. but with photos, you can veg longer to overcome the problem. Autos have a set life. Any thing that slows the grow will affect the grow production.
I'm trying RainScience bags with this grow. So far I like them. I think they will work out very well once I can fully water them.

One item that I think is a must for new growers is yucca extract. It's a natural surfactant. It helps your media not have dry pockets from improper even watering. A VERY LITTLE goes a long way. You just add enough to your water to get suds when you whip the water stirring it in. You can use it every watering. A VERY LITTLE goes a long way.
That’s going on my shopping list for grow no.2 .

Axial fans are designed to be more efficient having a suction head vs an exhaust head. Blowing into a filter lessens the life of the filter by not using the pre-filter.

Used em in my 1st run. Make sure plenty of drain holes, even if you gotta drill more.. 1/4 inch bit in a battery drill works wonders, lol.
Will do! I'll take a picture of my pots here in a bit. I read somewhere to put gravel at the bottom of your pots. Is this bro science or does it help?

That’s going on my shopping list for grow no.2 .
The bags, sure!
I would get the Yucca now. Just search Amazon or you favorite grow shop for RAW brand yucca powder.
Build a Soil also has an extracted form of the surfactant in yucca.

edit.............just get the smallest size available.

tip................it gets sticky on the zip lock of the package. Just get the air out and roll it up and secure with a big file clip.

Going to order a ph pen off Amazon today. Are the apera pens any good? Trying to avoid the yellow ones. I don't have the budget for blue lab. The apera ph20 is about $40.

Going to order a ph pen off Amazon today. Are the apera pens any good? Trying to avoid the yellow ones. I don't have the budget for blue lab. The apera ph20 is about $40.

Not sure if you can get these over the pond .. but about as cheap and did me proud for years!

1622814183066.png

Will do! I'll take a picture of my pots here in a bit. I read somewhere to put gravel at the bottom of your pots. Is this bro science or does it help?
If you're going organic, you really don't need a Ph pen, but it is good info to have if you run into problems.
What were/are you going to use it for?

One of those 2 schools of thought things. Some say needed, some say not needed....have done it both ways, not noticed any difference.

If you're going organic, you really don't need a Ph pen, but it is good info to have if you run into problems.
Bill, in small pots, even organic wouldn't soil ph change of the course of a grow?

So you don't need to ph the water for organic grows?

Back