New grower taking on rocbudinc!!

He'd need a soil Ph tester for that.
Yes to test soil, but if water ph is high going in wouldn't that have a chance of raising soil ph over the course of a grow?

RO water is about as close to 0 ph as you can get, my well water is in the 9s being our aquifer is based in limerock so I cut it down with RO to get ph where I want it.
I hope this is not an annoying question but, what is RO water?

Reactions: WildBill

blue

Not quite :) it's 0EC, and 5-7PH - otherwise it would be hydrochloric acid.
Yes to test soil, but if water ph is high going in wouldn't that have a chance of raising soil ph over the course of a grow?
Not really, Even without added humates to moderate the soil, you will still have humate production going on with all the microbial processes going on in the soil.
RO water is about as close to 0 ph as you can get, my well water is in the 9s being our aquifer is based in limerock so I cut it down with RO to get ph where I want it.
With your well water, you should be able to use it by itself if you start adding fully soluble Humic acid in small quantities with every watering.
This would do two things. It would moderate the soil to a more neutral /optimal level. I'll be using it in this current grow and scientifically document the usage. It will be one part of the additions I'm adding to my organic arsenal.........................FMJ and amino acids are the others.
I'll document it in my grow or if we start a dedicated thread of KNF.

Not really, Even without added humates to moderate the soil, you will still have humate production going on with all the microbial processes going on in the soil.

With your well water, you should be able to use it by itself if you start adding fully soluble Humic acid in small quantities with every watering.
This would do two things. It would moderate the soil to a more neutral /optimal level. I'll be using it in this current grow and scientifically document the usage. It will be one part of the additions I'm adding to my organic arsenal.........................FMJ and amino acids are the others.
I'll document it in my grow or if we start a dedicated thread of KNF.
Interesting, never tried humid acid. Going to autopots n MC next round so waiting on MoGs testing of ver.2 1 part

Blue let me know it's 0 EC an 5 to 7 ph for RO water...learning new shyte every day

Interesting, never tried humid acid. Going to autopots n MC next round so waiting on MoGs testing of ver.2 1 part
That will be interesting. What;s the ppm of your well water? With that pH and being limestone, I bet it's pretty high. The MC would bring the pH down, but the ppm may screw with how much you can feed. What has MOG said about that?

That will be interesting. What;s the ppm of your well water? With that pH and being limestone, I bet it's pretty high. The MC would bring the pH down, but the ppm may screw with how much you can feed. What has MOG said about that?
Out the tap it's in the 9s, after 50/50 cut and MC added it runs in around 6.3. which is why I was thinking RO was about 0 in ph..

Out the tap it's in the 9s, after 50/50 cut and MC added it runs in around 6.3. which is why I was thinking RO was about 0 in ph..
RO is 7.0.
What's the ppm of your well water?

RO is 7.0.
What's the ppm of your well water?
RO is 7 ...... before it's exposed to air :)
Then it can (does) drop to 5.5 as it takes up c02 (from the air)

Edit: Soory - Not wishing to jump in on a conversations thats not mine (or being a big knowitall) - just spotting some confusion around PH, EC and RO .. nipping it in the buds! :D

Last edited:
RO is 7 ...... before it's exposed to air :)
Then it can (does) drop to 5.5 as it takes up c02 (from the air)

Edit: Soory - Not wishing to jump in on a conversations thats not mine - just spotting some confusion around PH, EC and RO .. nipping it in the buds! :D
Good info and we're all kinda off topic for this thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,probally confusing or overloading the OP. LOL!

I can see a pH drop if it sat out or circulating in a sip or automated watering system. I can't see it getting to that level with "normal" top watering though. Just not time enough before the water is used up for it to be that drastic. In terms of pH, that's a HUGE move in pH.

Back