New grower taking on rocbudinc!!

Stick with the three gallon pots in that tent. FFHF is a fairly well amended soil to start with, I wouldn't add much DR. Earth to it, maybe a couple Tablespoons for each pot. Mix it into the soil well before you fill the pots. You should be able to get through most of the grow with just water. You could get some worm castings and top dress at the beginning of flower. Other than that you should be good to get rolling.

First id like to thank Derek and Jordan for helping me out with getting here. Next week I will be starting my run. My set up...
-2×4 tent
-mars hydro sp250 for light
-all I have are 3 gallon pots. (Should I get 5 gallon)
- dr earth dry ammendment
- thinking of using happy frog. Medium recommendations are welcome.
-4in exhaust fan ac infinity

How am I looking guys? All help is welcomed. Planing on doing 24/0.

Just for introduction purposes. @MadWolf literally anything @pop22 says. Do it, he’s one of my go to guys when it comes to the soil stuff. He’s an awesome guy that is just busting with knowledge. If you can’t ever get me def tag him. He’s a true OG

Stick with the three gallon pots in that tent. FFHF is a fairly well amended soil to start with, I wouldn't add much DR. Earth to it, maybe a couple Tablespoons for each pot. Mix it into the soil well before you fill the pots. You should be able to get through most of the grow with just water. You could get some worm castings and top dress at the beginning of flower. Other than that you should be good to get rolling.
Thank you! 3 gallons it is. Also I did forget to mention I will be adding worm casting along with some myco chum. Should I wait till flower to add worm casting or should I add in the mix before planting?

Attachments

• 20210602_232534.jpg
    20210602_232534.jpg
    968.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210602_232507.jpg
    20210602_232507.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • 20210602_232409.jpg
    20210602_232409.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
Just for introduction purposes. @MadWolf literally anything @pop22 says. Do it, he’s one of my go to guys when it comes to the soil stuff. He’s an awesome guy that is just busting with knowledge. If you can’t ever get me def tag him. He’s a true OG
You got it, boss!! Will do! I'm going to absorb everything from you guys

Thank you! 3 gallons it is. Also I did forget to mention I will be adding worm casting along with some myco chum. Should I wait till flower to add worm casting or should I add in the mix before planting?
Hey bud I use the same size tent, first grow, I’m using 5gallon pouches, my girl is at day 86 today and probably takes up half my tent, I did originally have two 5 g pots, but lost a seedling, it would of filled the tent just right with 2. And watch out for the height, I guess your tent is 5 ft tall aswell, big bonus if its taller. Once I added my carbon filter and light plus the height of the root pouch I wasnt left with much room, I did some light lst early on to keep them lower, and this grow I have exactly 1 inch of room left if I keep my light at 18 inches. All the best with your grow.

MadWolf

Here's my suggestions:
Use Roots Organics Original as your media. You never hear of people complaining about it, ya sure can't say that about Fox Farm.
I'd go up to 5gal pots....especially for a first grow.

You can try the Dr earth, didn't say what ya have, or you can go very simple. You have more useful and valuable things to learn how to do without worrying about applying nutes 2 weeks ahead of the tome it's needed and what to use. You need to learn how to water properly and how to manage your environment to keep it in line with the VPD needed for the stage of life of your girls.

I would get the single part MegaCrop and use pop22 low dose feeding schedule. It's SIMPLE!
Any major brand mycorrhiza
Boost
Maybe some good quality Earthworm casting

Get a good grow under your belt and go from there. This way you can learn how to manage your environment without other thing getting in the way. It also keeps you from getting into buying a bunch of different amendments and not knowing how to properly use each one.

Here's the results from my first ever canna grow with MC being my main nute. I did use my other organic methods also, but MC was the main nute..
That's from one cheap Linda Seed GG#4 girl
IMG_20201024_080357337.jpg

I'm a 30 year organic farmer. I'm mainly a living soil kinda guy. Container growing is new to me, so I had/have to learn the nuances of that. Once you learn the basics of organics, it's fairly easy to adapt to various situations.
Organics and living soil can make a quite easy and productive grow, but it takes prep before the grow. Your media need to "cook" in a tote before using.

Just don't get into buying a bunch of different nutes and other things and thinking YOU know what needs at that moment.

Most importantly......................Jf you have ANY question..................ASK!

Welcome to AFN @MadWolf

200w.gif

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Good luck with the grow :D .. looks like you'll have plenty of help along the way!! ^_^

:d5:

My main suggestion is don’t do 24/0! Plants can only take in so many photons a day and running 24 hours just means you’ll need to dim light or you’ll see plants drooping looking like could be over or under watered but it’s just cuz they’ve received all the light they can use in a day and rest is just being wasted! :thumbsup:

Back