New Grower New Grower, Long Time Smoker

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Pineapple Punch
I'm growing three plants; Grapefruit Haze, Pineapple Punch and Tutankhamon. This is day 12.
Tent: 39"x39"x78".
LED Meizhi 600w
Pro Mix HP with General Organics Go Box. I pre wet soil and it seems to *never* dry out. I'm sorry I didn't add something for drainage. I've heard pro mix was ready to go, but I now disagree.
I gave them a light feeding on day 9.
Started lights w/Veg switch only for the first 9 days, turned both on day 9. Started with lights 24" away but Pineapple Punch didn't love that(1 leaf tip was darkening) so moved them up a few inches for awhile. Moved lights to Meizhi suggested 18 inches today.
A small humidifier is on low in the tent along with two 6 inch clip on fans. (and a cheap bathroom extractor) Humidity is around 40-50%, temps are assisted by an oil filled rad on low outside the open tent screen window and is about 75 degrees.
The grow is in my basement's cold room, so I put good thick styro under the tent.
My concern at this point is to resist overfeeding/overwatering them, especially since this pro mix hp never seems to dry out!
I look forward to exploring your grows as well as hearing any advice you might have along the way.
Here are a few pics...

Attachments

• Grapefruit Haze 2.JPG
    Grapefruit Haze 2.JPG
    269 KB · Views: 135
  • Grapefruit Haze.JPG
    Grapefruit Haze.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Pineapple Punch.JPG
    Pineapple Punch.JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 145
  • Tutankhamon.JPG
    Tutankhamon.JPG
    258.2 KB · Views: 136
More details (not sure how to add them to original post)
Started seeds in Jiffy pellets, transplanted them to final pots as soon as the seeds cracked...cut off the Jiffy netting bc I heard it might inhibit growth as it doesn't disintegrate quickly enough.
My error due to impatience; the grapefruit haze seed casing was stuck and holding the cotyledons together. I misted it but (too)soon after used tweezers and pulled the leaf tip off with the seed.
Using just under 3 gallon pots, many holes drilled in the bottom and the rim in case I do any LST, it will be easy to tie the branches to the drilled holes.

Are the drainage wholes literally in the bottom or around the bottom on the side of the buckets? May I drilling wholes all over the bucket. It’ll help with drainage and pruning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the drainage wholes literally in the bottom or around the bottom on the side of the buckets? May I drilling wholes all over the bucket. It’ll help with drainage and pruning.

I didn't feel confident enough to make my own "air pot" or whatever it's called. I just drilled many holes in the bottom and also around the upper rim. If it is as easy as drilling holes to make a root-pruning pot, why do people buy them? I assumed they were more scientific. lol

I didn't feel confident enough to make my own "air pot" or whatever it's called. I just drilled many holes in the bottom and also around the upper rim. If it is as easy as drilling holes to make a root-pruning pot, why do people buy them? I assumed they were more scientific. lol

They’ve built new designs to roll the roots so they span in the soil rather than around the pots if it was just a flat smooth surface like a 5 gallon bucket. I drilled the fuck out of my 5 gallon bucket and it’s helped amazingly with drainage and pruning might not be as good as the newly designed airpot but it definitely is doing the job and my baby is growing beautifully.
7fafd245cd10cfaa1ee39b8be928d132.jpg
675bfa8e2ec2f01bb7b70a3e56823794.jpg
day 35 just started to preflower a few days ago.

It actually is as easy as that. But you can't make the holes too big or you're gonna wash out your growing medium. You also shouldn't have too much of the substrate exposed or it's gonna dry out too quickly (depending on what you use, and size of the pot of course). It doesn't help with drainage, doesn't change the perched water table but it does encourage root pruning.

They’ve built new designs to roll the roots so they span in the soil rather than around the pots if it was just a flat smooth surface like a 5 gallon bucket. I drilled the fuck out of my 5 gallon bucket and it’s helped amazingly with drainage and pruning might not be as good as the newly designed airpot but it definitely is doing the job and my baby is growing beautifully.

I will use that for my next grow, appreciate the tip. What are you growing? (I'm new to the forum and will eventually learn how to follow other journals)

The Pineapple Punch appears to be the quickest growing. I am playing around with heat and humidity, trying to dry the pro-mix hp out! I'll add today's pics, if even to document things for myself and the next grow. I still have 9 seeds. I accidentally splashed a little nute mix on the Grapefruit Haze leaf, which is reacting.(I hope that is all the problem is?) She's the one I'm most excited about and is the most fussy girl.
I will learn to take better pictures hopefully.

Attachments

• Gr Haze.JPG
    Gr Haze.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Pineapple Punch2.JPG
    Pineapple Punch2.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Tut.JPG
    Tut.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 74
I will use that for my next grow, appreciate the tip. What are you growing? (I'm new to the forum and will eventually learn how to follow other journals)

I’m currently growing some cks early miss right now next grow will be the same but I’ll only be doing 2 plants in a much bigger grow space. I plan on using organic promix with mycos, mixed with fox farms light warrior with 25% perlite added in for my medium. King plus 1000w led at consistent 24 inches for the first 2 weeks of veg then lower the light gradually til I hit 18 inches above the canopy, lots of lst, which is why I’m only doing 2 I’ve got one now at 36 days with over a 2ftx2ft canopy and still has another month or so to go and is starting to hog up the room in a hand built box that’s 4 foot long 2 ft deep and 4 foot high lol. Fox farms trio, floralicous plus extra strength enhancer, and cal-mag for the nutrients. Mammoth p will also be used from day one as well. This is my first true indoor grow which has definitely helped me learn for my next grow!

b6c055b85d97c2b0baf5d61cb985c430.jpg
cks early miss day 36

Where are you tying the string to for the LST? What are you using to to tie? I got some velcro stuff for plants that sticks onto itself.

Back