New Grower New Grower, Long Time Smoker

Day 15 Lights 18" above plants (for a day and a half now), temps range from 71 to 77 degrees and humidity from 35 to 45%. Lights on 24/7 bc it helps with heat in the cold basement under LED!
The Grapefruit Haze had a bit of a rough start and has a couple *odd* leaves.

Attachments

• GH Day 15.JPG
    GH Day 15.JPG
    278.2 KB · Views: 98
  • PP Day 15.JPG
    PP Day 15.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Tut Day 15.JPG
    Tut Day 15.JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 82
Where are you tying the string to for the LST? What are you using to to tie? I got some velcro stuff for plants that sticks onto itself.

I’m tying off behind the top or second to top node depending on node development. I use flag tape it’s soft and super flexible plus it won’t cut into the flesh of the plant. But I’ll tie that to the bucket or tape the end to the bucket so I can adjust the tug if need be. That Velcro is decent stuff but be careful with the sharp edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm growing three plants; Grapefruit Haze, Pineapple Punch and Tutankhamon. This is day 12.
Tent: 39"x39"x78".
LED Meizhi 600w
Pro Mix HP with General Organics Go Box. I pre wet soil and it seems to *never* dry out. I'm sorry I didn't add something for drainage. I've heard pro mix was ready to go, but I now disagree.
I gave them a light feeding on day 9.
Started lights w/Veg switch only for the first 9 days, turned both on day 9. Started with lights 24" away but Pineapple Punch didn't love that(1 leaf tip was darkening) so moved them up a few inches for awhile. Moved lights to Meizhi suggested 18 inches today.
A small humidifier is on low in the tent along with two 6 inch clip on fans. (and a cheap bathroom extractor) Humidity is around 40-50%, temps are assisted by an oil filled rad on low outside the open tent screen window and is about 75 degrees.
The grow is in my basement's cold room, so I put good thick styro under the tent.
My concern at this point is to resist overfeeding/overwatering them, especially since this pro mix hp never seems to dry out!
I look forward to exploring your grows as well as hearing any advice you might have along the way.
Here are a few pics...
Great start on your journal, Wildee!
Just to clarify, these are auto strains you're growing?
Good advice on the pots, even an 1/8th inch drill bit all around the sides will help with root pruning, help keep roots from girdling, and boost soil O2.
If they are auto, really watch your feedings. Autos can be nute sensitive, and tend to burn easily (at least compared to photo strains). Starting with a 1/4 of the recommended dose and moving up from there is a good practice, especially with new strains. I rarely start feeding until at least 3 true sets of leaves show.
A common mistake is over-watering. How are you determining your watering intervals? Until you learn how your soil drains and how thirsty your plants are, a simple way to get an idea is checking the weight of a pot with dry soil vs one with wet.
Karma to your crop! :thumbsup:

Thanks Renaissance Redneck, appreciate you having a look. My 3 girls are autoflowers and are starting to grow really fast! Exciting times. I watered the pro mix hp prior to planting and let it sit for several days, including a day or two under lights. That was October 25th-ish. I read that adding perlite would help, but didn't add it...next time. So around day 9 I gave them a light organic feeding. Last night I left the humidifier off and the heater on as well as the lights, and this morning the pots are really getting dry!! About watering intervals; I dunno. I'm anticipating waiting until they're dry as I can bare and then give them another light feeding with their water...likely a day or so? Do you recommend I use distilled water or just tap water that's sat out 24 hours?
Love the +Karma!

I noticed the Grapefruit Haze looking strained, my sense was too much light. I moved the lights up a couple inches today..from 18" to 20".

Attachments

• everyone day 17.JPG
    everyone day 17.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 82
  • gh day17 (2).JPG
    gh day17 (2).JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 87
  • pp day17 (1).JPG
    pp day17 (1).JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 79
  • tut day 17.JPG
    tut day 17.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 58
Day 18; Pots were finally dry enough to feel safe-ish feeding them another light General Organics Go Box mix. I splashed nute mix on a few leaves...is that a crime against the plant? I shook off what I could and diluted it with a tiny bit of distilled water sprayed on them. Then directed a small fan on the leaves for a minute or so. A couple hours later, all is looking good. *fingers crossed* Need a new watering can with a slender spout to control where the water goes better.

This is certainly a learn as you grow kinda thing, despite how much reading/research one does before the first grow. Day 22 and the Pineapple Punch is taller than the Grapefruit Haze and Tutankhamon so I raised the shorter ones with some 2" styro. They all were showing a little displeasure with the lights, their tips were starting to look toasted, so I raised the light a couple inches (from 18" to 20") and turned off the flowering light overnight...leaving just the veg light on. Today everything appears ok, but what the eff do I know? I could use someone to take a look at the pics and tell me how things appear to an experienced eye.

Attachments

• day22 GH.JPG
    day22 GH.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 90
  • day22 PP.JPG
    day22 PP.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 89
  • day22 Tut.JPG
    day22 Tut.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 81
  • styroundertwo.JPG
    styroundertwo.JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Solid medium choice...been running Promix HP and BX for a few years(prefer the more aerated HP over the BX)...works great. At day 30 in 7"X7"X9.5" pots(1.5 gallon) i am needing to water my plants with 1.5 liters every 24-36 hours.

Back