New Grower New grower - don’t think I have the right lights

I would say that seedlings/plants are in need of nutrients to grow well and thrive from start.
What I have read and seen Bio Tabs are a good product but i have not used it myself, so i can’t advice on when and how to use it.

Either you try the product by giving different doses of the product to different plants to learn by yourself how strong it is or fallow the instructions you got with it :pass:

I agree with everyone here. The light you have shown is more of a spot light to boost light in areas where plants are getting reduced natural light.

Cannabis is a light loving plant. It can handle high levels of light. I suggest if you are doing 2 plants. Depending on your grow space size, there are plenty of lights that will work for you in the sub $200 which would be about £150-170.

Mars hydro, spider farmer, ac infinity, viparspectra all make great intro lights in that price range. My ac infinity s44 is ac infinity's largest quantum board led. Its meant for a 4x4 space but I am using it in a 3x3. They have an s22, s24 s33, and my s44. The 22 is made for a 2x2 at 100w the 24 is made for a 2x4 space at 200w, the s33 is 240w and for a 3x3. All these lights are full spectrum and are good for growing from seed to harvest.

The one thing you want to look for is PAR/PPFD rating/efficacy. Cannabis can handle up to 2000umol/sec. Indoor this is hard to achieve, and would also require special conditions for growing like supplemental co2 and increased nutrients.

Most grow lights are rated to output 1000umol/sec at a certain hang height. Most grow lights suitable for growing cannabis will have a par map, and ppfd efficacy rating on its spec sheet along with a spectrum output. You want a nice balanced spectrum and enough power to cover your entire canopy with roughly 600-800umol/sec during flower on autos and about 800-1000umol for photos in flower.

The right light can be the difference between .5g/watt and 1.5g/watt.

This is an example of the info to look for when buying. Always check reviews. Also check the migro youtube channel out for learning the basics of light requirements for grow areas and what light efficiency actually means. The par map directly below is the average PAR coverage at full power at the hang heights listed above each par map. Its a great baseline to get an idea of the amount of photosynthetic light the canopy is receiving at a given height. Another great tool paired with a smartphone is the photone, or ppfd app. Both can give you accurate readouts of your lights performance.

Both apps have been shown to be 98% accurate to the leading quantum light sensors used by labs around the world. Both apps require a small amount of set up but are an invaluable tool for indoor horticulture.

Screenshot_20221225_145610_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221225_145617_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221225_145643_Chrome.jpg

Keep in mind the info given above does have critera as well. The ppfd ratings I gave for autos is for ones recieving 18 hours of light a day giving it a dli of around 40. DLI is the total amount of light recieved by a plant over its daily light cycle. Photos generally require stronger light as they recieve less overall light during flower. Where in an auto can get up to 24 hours of light meaning the light doesn't need to be as strong. If you'd like to know more hit up that migro youtube channel. Shane goes over all of this in relatively simple terminology.

PAR=photosyntheticly active radiation or the spectrums of light that allow photosynthesis.

Ppfd=photosynthetic photon flux density. Measurement used to define par. It is the measurement of the amount of photosynthetic photons over a sample area per second. Measured in micromols or umol.

DLI=Daily Light Integral. The total amount of par recieved over the daily light cycle. This measurement is usually in mols as it is hundreds of thousands of micromols over 12,18,20,24 hours of light instead of per second.

Last edited:
Yo guys, just a quick one, I am noticing light black shades on the tips of one of my plants. The other one is a lovely green colour with no shades of dark.
Anyone know what this is? Or is it normal at this stage? Plants is 10 days old (she was stretching for few days).

View attachment 1549712View attachment 1549713
Try not to overthink stuff too much. If your plant is growing at a steady rate, the leaves are green and not droopy or blotchy in coloring and laying flat or angled up toward the light you are in good shape.

My number 1 problem when starting was overthinking and being far to "loving" to my plants.

Its good to check in on your plants regularly, but unless theres big color changes along with physical changes like drooping or shriveled dry leaves you are ok.

Here is the start of my veg. Where I thought I was running into problems with this run, but instead of trying to fix something I took a step back and just watered when the pots were basically completely dry. They were droopy and the leaves were wavy and not really a vibrant green.
20221127_200243.jpg

4 weeks later, with 0 adjustments made. Griwing in peat based soil. Fox farm happy frog, with fox farm ocean forest. Fed with the fox farm liquid nute line 1 time per week in 5 gal pots. Didnt start feeding till about 3 weeks in as the soil is treated with dry fertilizer and humic acid and mycorrhizae for increased root development. Its a little cramped in there, vegged my 3 photos a couple weeks too long.
20221225_051700.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys I’m a new grower but been getting high for over 10 years a thought I might aswell grow an autoflower instead of wasting money everyday.
I bought some LED grow lights full spectrum, they were only £21 from Amazon
I’m now worried that they are not powerful enough. ( 1st pic)
Is it possible to grow an auto on less intense light? They are currently on a 18/6 schedule.

Also, as you can see from the pics, I think my seedlings are stretching. Yesterday, I covered most of the stem with biobizz and brought light closer. Not much is happening as of yet and this is day 5.
Am I being impatient?

I will take any advice here, thank you
I use a Mars Hydro ts 600 have done for a while but only one plant to get a decent 2.5-3 okkas....
Northern lights day 19 ish under the light.......

But buyer beware 🙏 I believe a house has burned to the ground recent times
I am gossiping don't know for sure but mine is kept cool in the tent the way I have my fan ...

Attachments

• IMG20230422121027.jpg
    IMG20230422121027.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
I agree with everyone here. The light you have shown is more of a spot light to boost light in areas where plants are getting reduced natural light.

Cannabis is a light loving plant. It can handle high levels of light. I suggest if you are doing 2 plants. Depending on your grow space size, there are plenty of lights that will work for you in the sub $200 which would be about £150-170.

Mars hydro, spider farmer, ac infinity, viparspectra all make great intro lights in that price range. My ac infinity s44 is ac infinity's largest quantum board led. Its meant for a 4x4 space but I am using it in a 3x3. They have an s22, s24 s33, and my s44. The 22 is made for a 2x2 at 100w the 24 is made for a 2x4 space at 200w, the s33 is 240w and for a 3x3. All these lights are full spectrum and are good for growing from seed to harvest.

The one thing you want to look for is PAR/PPFD rating/efficacy. Cannabis can handle up to 2000umol/sec. Indoor this is hard to achieve, and would also require special conditions for growing like supplemental co2 and increased nutrients.

Most grow lights are rated to output 1000umol/sec at a certain hang height. Most grow lights suitable for growing cannabis will have a par map, and ppfd efficacy rating on its spec sheet along with a spectrum output. You want a nice balanced spectrum and enough power to cover your entire canopy with roughly 600-800umol/sec during flower on autos and about 800-1000umol for photos in flower.

The right light can be the difference between .5g/watt and 1.5g/watt.

This is an example of the info to look for when buying. Always check reviews. Also check the migro youtube channel out for learning the basics of light requirements for grow areas and what light efficiency actually means. The par map directly below is the average PAR coverage at full power at the hang heights listed above each par map. Its a great baseline to get an idea of the amount of photosynthetic light the canopy is receiving at a given height. Another great tool paired with a smartphone is the photone, or ppfd app. Both can give you accurate readouts of your lights performance.

Both apps have been shown to be 98% accurate to the leading quantum light sensors used by labs around the world. Both apps require a small amount of set up but are an invaluable tool for indoor horticulture.

View attachment 1550019View attachment 1550020View attachment 1550021
Keep in mind the info given above does have critera as well. The ppfd ratings I gave for autos is for ones recieving 18 hours of light a day giving it a dli of around 40. DLI is the total amount of light recieved by a plant over its daily light cycle. Photos generally require stronger light as they recieve less overall light during flower. Where in an auto can get up to 24 hours of light meaning the light doesn't need to be as strong. If you'd like to know more hit up that migro youtube channel. Shane goes over all of this in relatively simple terminology.

PAR=photosyntheticly active radiation or the spectrums of light that allow photosynthesis.

Ppfd=photosynthetic photon flux density. Measurement used to define par. It is the measurement of the amount of photosynthetic photons over a sample area per second. Measured in micromols or umol.

DLI=Daily Light Integral. The total amount of par recieved over the daily light cycle. This measurement is usually in mols as it is hundreds of thousands of micromols over 12,18,20,24 hours of light instead of per second.
That was a very interesting read 👍 gunna have to read a few times over but I sorta get it.

One comment does come to mind , 1.5 g per watt , Have you achieved that ??🇬🇳

That was a very interesting read 👍 gunna have to read a few times over but I sorta get it.

1.4g/watt without even trying:

Yea nice ok that's good efforts really 👍✌️🇬🇳

What are your thoughts on following a EC pH balance programme ?

Not yet. But i definitely consider myself novice. Here is one wet and dry yeild that got me into the cultivators club. It came off one peyote critical but I had lots of issues. This was in january I believe. Im still smoking on this too. I probably have about 3/4 of an oz left.
20230217_105545.jpg
20230225_031240.jpg

Also if you want a more indepth overview on how light energy is used by cannabis look up Dr. Bruce Bugbee. He goes over a lot of cannabis crop physiology and how light, and nutrients play a critical balance in plant growth and yeild.

Back