Live Stoners New grower and member

Reaction score
I have been thinking about cultivation and autoflowers for years and browsing these boards. I have finally made the plunge and created my setup.

Going to be doing a DWC single autoflower plant set up for my first grow (Dutch Passion - Think Differently Auto).

Looking for any feedback and tips to look out for?

I get the general idea to keep the temperature between 60-80 degrees.. PH needs to be between 5.5 - 6.5 and EC should be between 500 - 2,000PPM (depending on stage) and Hydroguard/Great White is going to be key for treating root rot.

A few other questions that I had:
1.) Is this Apera PH/PPM combo worth it ($135). Is it better to just get a Apera PH meter and separate PPM? Wanted to get something that ideally monitors PH/PPM automatically like blue labs
2.) I heard that a good air pump is key and was going to get a Vivosun 332 GPH - 4 outlet air pump with a couple more air stones. Thoughts on if this is overkill? Can I essentially use both waterpumps (Vivosun and the one included in the powergrow for max bubbles/efficiency?)
3.) I know ultimately changing water is going to be key in these 5 gallon buckets. Is there a water pump/automation way or would it be just easier/effective to buy an extra bucket and just switch it weekly/etc.
4.) Anyone have any experience with assembling HLG lights? Is it self explanatory? Would it be better to install this light so the power supply is outside of my tent (for temperature control) or not worth it?
5.) I was going to get the 6" lids given I am doing 1-2plants at most and want to limit light. Thoughts on whether I should go with 10inch to give room for the roots?

my set up:

Seed - Dutch Passion - Thing Differently Auto
Tent - Gorilla Grow Shorty 2x2.5 (can go up to 6 ft with extension).
Light - HLG 135 - Plan is to keep this 24-30 inch from the plan at a 20/4 hr cycle.
DWC Bucket - Powergrow DWC system.
Inline fan/filter/duct - AC Inifinity 6inch fan with temparature -
PH Meter - Apera PC60 5n1 combo (PH/PPM/Temp).
Thermometer/Hygrometer - Govee and AC infinity above
Clipon Fan - Generic through Amazon with Vornado fan at bottom
Nutrients - Jack 321 - thoughts?
Timer - WeMo outlet which will have all my lighting through this

I have been thinking about cultivation and autoflowers for years and browsing these boards. I have finally made the plunge and created my setup.

Going to be doing a DWC single autoflower plant set up for my first grow (Dutch Passion - Think Differently Auto).

Looking for any feedback and tips to look out for?

I get the general idea to keep the temperature between 60-80 degrees.. PH needs to be between 5.5 - 6.5 and EC should be between 500 - 2,000PPM (depending on stage) and Hydroguard/Great White is going to be key for treating root rot.

A few other questions that I had:
1.) Is this Apera PH/PPM combo worth it ($135). Is it better to just get a Apera PH meter and separate PPM? Wanted to get something that ideally monitors PH/PPM automatically like blue labs
2.) I heard that a good air pump is key and was going to get a Vivosun 332 GPH - 4 outlet air pump with a couple more air stones. Thoughts on if this is overkill? Can I essentially use both waterpumps (Vivosun and the one included in the powergrow for max bubbles/efficiency?)
3.) I know ultimately changing water is going to be key in these 5 gallon buckets. Is there a water pump/automation way or would it be just easier/effective to buy an extra bucket and just switch it weekly/etc.
4.) Anyone have any experience with assembling HLG lights? Is it self explanatory? Would it be better to install this light so the power supply is outside of my tent (for temperature control) or not worth it?
5.) I was going to get the 6" lids given I am doing 1-2plants at most and want to limit light. Thoughts on whether I should go with 10inch to give room for the roots?

my set up:

Seed - Dutch Passion - Thing Differently Auto
Tent - Gorilla Grow Shorty 2x2.5 (can go up to 6 ft with extension).
Light - HLG 135 - Plan is to keep this 24-30 inch from the plan at a 20/4 hr cycle.
DWC Bucket - Powergrow DWC system.
Inline fan/filter/duct - AC Inifinity 6inch fan with temparature -
PH Meter - Apera PC60 5n1 combo (PH/PPM/Temp).
Thermometer/Hygrometer - Govee and AC infinity above
Clipon Fan - Generic through Amazon with Vornado fan at bottom
Nutrients - Jack 321 - thoughts?
Timer - WeMo outlet which will have all my lighting through this

heya @jokgga and :welcome: to afn! :toke: sorry, me a soil grower, and therefore, am unable to answer...any...of ur ques'z :rofl: :rolleyes2: otherz will chime in tho to help u get dialed in & anything else u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420:

EP3

Always welcoming and great skill knowlege.
Hello brother. Welcome along. I am a noobie. Your set up sounds spot on to me.

@jokgga :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome: Some of your numbers are wrong PPM nutrient range on the Hanna scale is 300 - 800 PPMs maximum not counting your starting water PH range is 5.7 to 6.2. water temperature 68°F holds the most dissolved oxygen. Air temps for grow space 68°F night and 78°F Day are the target keep RH 40% to 60%.

I have a Bubbleponics primer here:

:goodluck:

@jokgga :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome: Some of your numbers are wrong PPM nutrient range on the Hanna scale is 300 - 800 PPMs maximum not counting your starting water PH range is 5.7 to 6.2. water temperature 68°F holds the most dissolved oxygen. Air temps for grow space 68°F night and 78°F Day are the target keep RH 40% to 60%.

I have a Bubbleponics primer here:

:goodluck:
Thanks

Reactions: EP3
I suggest starting off in soil. Cheaper and more forgiving. But hydro is great if you can master it. It can be disastrous if you dont. Lol if you protect your roots with hydroguard your golden and dont need to worry about pythium (root rot). Southern Ag Fungicide is the same stuff but cheaper and more concentrated. Learn how to read your plants and feed your plants. Change buckets once a week in dwc. I killed a couple crops before I mastered it and wasted a lot of money and time on nothing until I mastered my set up and learned all the heart aches and lessons of hydroponics. Lol. It's easy once you get it down. But can be very unforgiving if you dont know what your doing. I miss hydro sometimes but then I dont miss carrying buckets and shit. But I grew some huge hydro autos. You may want to train the girl your ordering or shes gonna be huge in that tent. Shes a big auto.

Once you get growing. It becomes very rewarding. Think Different can be a big plant. My friend let it out of hand. Had to cut the roof off the tent and his bucket was below the tent.

Once you get growing. It becomes very rewarding. Think Different can be a big plant. My friend let it out of hand. Had to cut the roof off the tent and his bucket was below the tent.
I would of just took it out the tent and hung the light outside instead of destroying my tent. That's a funny story tho! Haha

Back