New Grower New Grower (3rd cycle) - 4x DP Daiquiri Lime

Girls leaves started to droop just a touch last night so I prepared water and watered them this morning. 6L Berkey filtered muni water, 3.75mL 7.6% AgSil solution, 22mL Earth Juice Bloom. I hit them with a full dose of Bloom as per the bottle indicates. I did this just to see how the girls responded, this obviously lowered my pH out of an acceptable range. I bubbled it for 18hrs to see if the pH would change, and it changed very little. I added pH up by Bloom City, the first time Ive used a pH solution in this grow, and brought it to 6.62. We'll see what happens. I top watered 1L into each pot, and 2L into the tray. Ill post pics later after they go to sleep and wake up.

IMG_20200706_075320.jpg

47 Days
So I am not really sure whats going on here. They all had their soil mixes made the same, they have all been topdressed the same, same pots, same genetics (hell, even 3 of the beans came from the same pack), same schedule... We have had a few 100f days in a row, with a few more to come. I am going to fill the water trays in the closet in the next few hours. I am also playing with running a window a/c unit in thay room, you can see it starting to have an impact. Id like to use it as little as possible, and I am still dialing it in. It has been set at 74f for the room, and it seems to be keeping things a little more reasonable. At this point I am just constantly bubbling water for feed, mixing a batch every other day and letting it bubble over night. Hit them with 6L, 3.75mL 7.6% AgSil solution, 4mL Bloom City Cal Mag (just in case I am seeing some kind of deficiency), 2mL Earth Juice Grow, 10mL Earth Juice Bloom, and 1.5tsp Recharge, which naturally pHed at 6.66 - 6.76. This picture was taken minutes after watering, we'll see what they look like tonight.

What do you guys make of this? I included a picture from my 3L grow only because it shows the yellowing foliage in the background.

IMG_20200708_092129.jpg

IMG_20200708_092141.jpg

IMG_20200708_092154.jpg

Screenshot_20200708-105000.png

Last edited:
a few of the pics the plants look a bit droopy.thats kinda normal at lights off,or first thing in the morning.some plants can tell when its lights off and droop early.
but droopy can be underwatered and also overwatered.
yes the 3L girl is a lush green.the biguns lighter,yellowing from bottom up more recently,tends to be N def.an all over lighter shade points to a just lighter feedings.
overwatering even if theres more than enough N in the feed can lead to yellowing.as you in a hot place im guessing its not overwatering (not knowing lift up pot myself) if they drooping well before lights out,they may need water/fedd every day (just a guess again as i cant lift up pot)
even though im in a cold place i regulary forget to water plants,they dry out and they can look very similar.
a bit to sciency for me as i can do nowt about humidity,but some folk swear by it
vapor_pressure_deficit_relative_humidity_chart_small.jpg

its like a BMI for plants
your latest graph for humidity.whats the lenght of time hours/days ?
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

Yeah, what @void said. I think it's more of a N def.
Temps may affect pH, and that could be a factor.
But different genetics -- some plants are just more hungry for certain things.
Maybe just a touch more N for those two plants.
Then again, as they are well into flowering, they don't need much.
Excessive N may lead to leafy buds with fewer flowers.
Dropping fan leaves naturally can be a good natural defol, not a bad thing.

For flowering, low RH is good, but sometimes it may be a little too low.
You probably know that already though.

Overall, these plants are looking great!
You're going to get some great results here.

a few of the pics the plants look a bit droopy.thats kinda normal at lights off,or first thing in the morning.some plants can tell when its lights off and droop early.
but droopy can be underwatered and also overwatered.
yes the 3L girl is a lush green.the biguns lighter,yellowing from bottom up more recently,tends to be N def.an all over lighter shade points to a just lighter feedings.
overwatering even if theres more than enough N in the feed can lead to yellowing.as you in a hot place im guessing its not overwatering (not knowing lift up pot myself) if they drooping well before lights out,they may need water/fedd every day (just a guess again as i cant lift up pot)
even though im in a cold place i regulary forget to water plants,they dry out and they can look very similar.
a bit to sciency for me as i can do nowt about humidity,but some folk swear by it View attachment 1211198
its like a BMI for plants
your latest graph for humidity.whats the lenght of time hours/days ?
good luck n keep er lit

Most of the graphs I post are 7 days, the dates are underneath the Temp graphs. This is one that a little more than the whole grow to date. Nice to see the environment stabilizing a bit despite mote challenging conditions. Definitely looking forward to next grow to apply the things Ive learned this grow.

Screenshot_20200709-013603.png

Last edited:
totally missed the dates:paleo: so the hum % would be 7 days to.so the spike high in temps is the same times the hum spikes low,adds up.
the lights off period is at hottest time of day ? or does lights come on at 3am 6 hours later being 9am ?
im not so sure the light may be playing a few tricks on my mind.they look very light in some pics,others just a notch light.which is no bad thing.
3L girl is looking picture perfect.if i had to be picky,id say a smidge too dark.(could be an optical illusion as its next the door with less light and more shadow)
the big girls didnt get the best start in life,being slightly lighter green isnt really a big concern,sometimes it can be hard to catch up with autos (photos you can/have the time to catch up) but the yellowing from bottom up is more a concern.
could it be underwatering ? 6L between 4 girls in hmm 12-15L pots i think ?
watering the tray ? not traditional watering from the top.how long does it take to suck up ? is it posible the top half of pot isnt getting wet ?
sorry ive never watered from the bottom,and you in a lot hotter a place than me.evaporation/transperation may be a lot higher.SM is more your neck of the woods.
good luck n keep er lit

totally missed the dates:paleo: so the hum % would be 7 days to.so the spike high in temps is the same times the hum spikes low,adds up.
the lights off period is at hottest time of day ? or does lights come on at 3am 6 hours later being 9am ?
im not so sure the light may be playing a few tricks on my mind.they look very light in some pics,others just a notch light.which is no bad thing.
3L girl is looking picture perfect.if i had to be picky,id say a smidge too dark.(could be an optical illusion as its next the door with less light and more shadow)
the big girls didnt get the best start in life,being slightly lighter green isnt really a big concern,sometimes it can be hard to catch up with autos (photos you can/have the time to catch up) but the yellowing from bottom up is more a concern.
could it be underwatering ? 6L between 4 girls in hmm 12-15L pots i think ?
watering the tray ? not traditional watering from the top.how long does it take to suck up ? is it posible the top half of pot isnt getting wet ?
sorry ive never watered from the bottom,and you in a lot hotter a place than me.evaporation/transperation may be a lot higher.SM is more your neck of the woods.
good luck n keep er lit

Lights are off from 1pm to 7pm. The house and air in the attic start getting warm around then, it takes a couple hours after lights on to stabilize temps. Outside temps start to fall around 530p, lights come on at 7p, so for the first few hours its touch and go, but after 9pm it tends to settle. I lifted the pots today, they feel a little light, might be contributing to the problem. Prepping a other 6L. As far as top watering vs bottom watering - I have top watered since my top dress, usually the girls all get the same count, say 9 seconds of water, and then whatever is left just goes into the tray. If I say "for the tray" it just means the 4 plants are sharing their resources, at this point in the grow. Doesnt take more than 30 minutes to absorb any moisture in the tray. Colors look pretty accurate to me comparatively, so what you see is what I see. Pics are taken with lights turned all the way down, no editing other than cropping. Thanks for the kind words friend, looking forward to seeing how she plays out, and what lessons she teaches me on her way.

ohh yes thats all in the first post..and silly me if ya top dressing ya have to water a bit to :paleo:
reading back a bit and skipping pages etc.pic from 30th was ok since then the 3L got darker and the biguns have lightened a bit,but yellowing from the bottom quicker.
from 1st on coincides with a hot spell,maybe they been an extra bit droopy from 1st.im not sure of the week/days but the plants are well into their stride = they can now take the maximum amount of water in one go without fear of overwatering.....that could only come if the frequency of watering is to much/often.(lift up pot?)
ive just got the kitchen scales dirty :smoker1:and come up with some figures.:dancer:
bear in mind my soil is biobizz lightmix 4 parts,perlight 2 parts,vermiculite 1 part.
6L airpot 300g a full 6L aipot of new from the bag dry medium 2100g soil =1800g
i water my plants from about week 4 ish onwards every single day.
500ml biobizz bottle = 600g
1000ml biobizz bottle =1100g im counting both bottles as 100g as i think water is 985g/L so lets call it 500 and 1000g
so at say week 5 i water a 6L pot 1500ml or i add 1.5kg of water/feed to a pot containing 1.8kg of soil.its more or less double the weight so easy (after i got the hang of it) to gauge if or not to water my plants.
or if a 6L pot can take 1.5L of feed in a relitively cool part of the world.how many L should a 8,12,15L pot be getting ?
i often forget a watering or two,and id have yellowing/turning brown/limp bottom leaves pretty soon.
if it only took half an hour to suck up the 6L maybe the could have taken more :shrug:
i hate guessing or having a stab in the dark,but im thinking this could be slight underwatering.
good luck n keep er lit

Back