New Grower New Grower (3rd cycle) - 4x DP Daiquiri Lime

Definitely seem to be perking up, perhaps they were still recovering from the over watering, Im still going to check soil pH tomorrow as best I can using run off and a slurry. Noticed a little bit of light burn, raised it up back to 18" - they are stretching enough now that I need to move it every two days. Also noticed my temps going up again, its nice and cool so I came to investigate, turns out one of my environment sensors was near one of my lights. Temp reported by my wired monitor at the canopy said 79f while the Bluetooth 6 inches below my lights said 87f.

IMG_20200622_233837.jpg

recovering from an overwatering.................getting a slurry test needs quite a bit of runoff.................watering to runoff is/or could be considered one step closer to overwatering again.the slurry test is pretty flawed,its a way of guestimating in pot ph via a furmula.
what does light burn look like ?
the centres/new growth is a lighter shade of green.i cant remember what that means.
making your own soil,maybe worms to ? check in on hecno :pass:
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

recovering from an overwatering.................getting a slurry test needs quite a bit of runoff.................watering to runoff is/or could be considered one step closer to overwatering again.the slurry test is pretty flawed,its a way of guestimating in pot ph via a furmula.
what does light burn look like ?
the centres/new growth is a lighter shade of green.i cant remember what that means.
making your own soil,maybe worms to ? check in on hecno :pass:
good luck n keep er lit

Hey void, I was hoping youd pop up eventually, Ive read some great stuff youve put out there. You are absolutely right that watering to run off would exacerbate the issue, I was going to wait in the next watering day for that, as well as checking the pH on my water before it goes in to compare it to what comes out, not something I ever do normally. In regard to the slurry, I was going to take 1/4c of soil out of my pots, mix it with 250mL of water, strain it, and take the pH. I dont normally mess with pH, again I grow 400 sq ft of vegetables, trying to pH everything would be a time consuming challenge to say the least! The pH suggestion came out of the infirmary, and it's not something I had previously considered, being at a loss for what else to try or check, it was the only feedback I had received and figured it couldnt hurt to check.

In regard to the light burn, I am now second guessing myself. At first it looked like the highest and newest growth was being bleached white, now it looks that it may just be the tips of the newest growth regardless of distance from the light but white not yellow... We'll see, they look better over all today!

And finally the soil, I mix my own for all my outdoor gardening, mixing Coot's from 50lb bags of dry. Indoors I will use Coots if I have some cooked, otherwise I use EB Stone Recipe 420 for convenience (I have always felt this soil arrives very clean in regard to gnats / trash / etc.). This has me feeling that I need to just plan better and step away from bagged soils completely, despite the fact that I think its a quality soil at a fair price. Worms are on the way, one of those things I should have done years ago. Outside I have an amazing worm population, doesnt do me any good inside, and I am always a little too nervous about bringing in outside benes or soil to ever do it.

Thanks again for all the feedback, gave me some things to consider.

i should have read page 2 before 4.......dm and hecno got ya at a bit too much nutes, bit dry,hum and temps.thats getting tweeked.
so they bounced from underwatered to overwatered in a few days.easy done,it happens from time to time even for seasoned growers.
from saturday to now they look a lot better.an overly dry/overly dry pot can temperarararely send ph a bit scatty.
£10 ph pens are shite,ya dont want to spend £60 for a pen to tell you 6.3.
if you dont know ph,ph pens are brilliant.if the tent is doin dandy ya could have a £60 ph pen that hasnt been used this year,3 times last year it got used and said 6.3 and is practically an ornament.....but if ph is far out then everything else ya do will be pissin in the wind ........you a small holder,guessing ya can grow allsorts of fruit n veg.weed should be wee buns.maybe 50% for the canna early on goin to 100% late on ?
can ya test water/feeds before they go into the pot ? if water feeds going in are ballpark,theres no reason to assume that what comes out the arse of the pot will be far off it.
if it looks a bit better in 2 more days (im laxy) but id be inclined not to bother with the slurry test...............................and to get a better result a slurry test would need to be repeated 2,3 times...........ya can say im not a fan of the slurry test.
yep light burn/bleaching would be more likely on just the tallest main or a spot in center of light/not all tops/new growth.
and yep its a yellowing not a whiteneing.lack of N the leaves yellow from the tips inwards...nowhere near as yellow as sat.now they just a tad lighter,nomal for new growth.
soils and bugs...my soil comes in a cardboard box from tinternet,so has probably nwver spent anytime outdoors.
i live in a chilly place and have never had a bug,not that all bugs are bad.usa peeps seem to have lots o bugs.
eyesonfire mixes own soil.so to hecno,from the land of bugs,creepy crawlies,slithery things and fucking crocadillies.loves his worms and so does the indoor weed.
but then again as you have an outdoor garden some pros would maybe advise you to shower and change clothes before entering grow room.
im shit scared of bugs,so weed related stuff stays in the box room/weed cupboard and all other gardening stuff stays in the garage.
lots of organic folk around here make it work indoors without much of a bug problem.
keep er lit

Back