Nelsons Balcony

This post is about my friend. If that doesn't concern you skip right on past, this is just for anyone else.

Damn. It's been a WEIRD couple days guys. I have caught myself wanting to send him a text at least a dozen times...then it hits me like a wall. I feel like I'm stuck in cement. I'm just gonna talk.

It happened early Wednesday evening. Like I stated above, me and this kid were like super friends. I've never encountered such a generous person in my life, and I put my all into our friendship. We were even talking about starting up a 420 style cafe/glass shop/dope spot when it turns fully legal. There were no secrets between us and we generally talked every single day...actually we texted, but I'm glad we did as I have 2+ years of conversation archived on my phone. His mother asked me earlier to look for some pictures of him and anything I thought would be important. There is over 1300 pics in the media folder from Signal that I have from our two years of using it. Signal is one of the safest ways to communicate as it is fully encrypted if both parties are using it and it uses the internet rather than SMS or MMS, hence why we used it. Lots of dope stuff. It also sends high resolution photos almost instantly compared to normal MMS picture messaging, a super bonus. Enough about Signal...check it out though...lol.

So...Wednesday. THAT day. March 6th, 2019. His mom told me that there was some girl that came up to his 3rd floor apartment. She has yet to see any footage, but the property manager watched the video with the lead detective, and then called his mother to relay what she saw. The manager lady has known him since he moved in when the building first re-opened as an apartment building. So this bitch was filmed by the surveillance system. She walked up looking normal and went to his door. She went inside and came out approximately 5 minutes later. Apparently, she was distraught and looked upset, and was walking fast and had a different demeanor and gate than she had previously. She goes down and gets in her car and leaves abruptly. A minute or two later, he came out into the hallway. He was looking totally frazzled and continued his way down to the parking lot. He then was pacing in the parking lot looking like he was gonna have a breakdown. He walked back upstairs and went inside. A few minutes later a neighbor called police reporting a loud single gunshot. My best friend tok his own life with an AR-15 that we built together from scratch. His mom had to go get the animals on Thursday morning. She had to wait for the cleaning crew to finish up. It MADE ME SICK when she said that to me. I about lost it....I was PRAYING that he was an idiot and took some pills, this was so out of left field. As far as anyone knows there is no note. I think it was a rash decision over some fly by night bitch that obviously wasn't even important enough for him to tell me about.

There is another possibility though...which makes a tad more sense. He was in therapy and taking some medications. This has been a lifelong struggle for him to find a center. He was in a coma for a month about 10 years back, and he has been in the hospital for having weird reactions a few times...nothing new. So he strolls into therapy a couple months ago and who does he see? Why, it's his ex- girlfriend who now works at the front desk. He really liked his therapist, but this was causing a dilemma. This is not just some ex, this was the love of his life. The one that got away. These guys had a crazy relationship by anyone's standards. So there she is...and she approaches him, TOTALLY crossing g the professional line and tells him "I still think about you...I have feelings for you". Can you say CONFLICT OF INTEREST????? Jesus...it's like the textbook definition. He decides to skip a few times, not wanting to see her. His awesome doctor, who I'm ashamed to call my colleague, cut his script and he ran out. I wrote him a new one but they keep saying that "Doctor Bubbles isn't a real doctor. Pshhha. I fucking know not to cut a psych patient off of psychotropic medications cold turkey like that. So this would mean not only was he off his meds, but that it could have been this girl, which actually makes more sense. The DUMB part...is that SHE LEFT HIM back in the day, and didn't think that much about it seeing as she is now fucking married and has a kid. Either way... neither of these girls have any place here, and left a black hole for us to deal with. Awesome. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

These are a few of the pics that I picked out to send his mother, as well as 10 more with him. That was really tough. And now I gotta figure out what the fuck to wear to his fucking funeral, as well as make a speech or something. We'll see...I really should I think, but it's gonna be SO HARD..

The Cob Snob badge from AFN that he designed and hand drew at my place one night. He is the one who showed me about KAAAHBS, and he was as fascinated as me with these wonders of lighting science.
56446a5e05363f13092b21a88dfac1dc.jpg

Chunky Mira, the rescue that he saved from a dumpster. It took like 6 months before she finally warmed up to him...and the rest is history.
88da7b794514ffc0960683fd46248c21.jpg

20651d01d16fd5a6b53735cfa899bd54.jpg

Can't forget Onion or Onionses as he would call him. He had free run of the whole apartment 85% of the time and would share the box with Mira. Such a little snuggler, he would just sit on your lap and sleep for hours. Super chill bunny that came home with him from the pet shop after he fell in love. He was there to get some feeder fish and Onion pulled all the right strings.
0cfc1eed7072e122fac7a8e1af659d9b.jpg

And this is Ava...tell me that bird is not freaking smiling in that first pic. They were like lost friends. He went to the store almost daily for 2 months waiting to take her home as she was a youngin. He would just sit with her and cuddle, sometimes for 3 hours at a time. He also volunteered while he was at the shop for at least 80 hours as well as set up an LED lighting system with Mean Well drivers and Samsung strips with his OWN MONEY. The thanks he got from the owner was Bornavirus and a "band" that was put on right before he took her home, that day. That band was just folded over...the real bands that are much more trustworthy are put around their legs as a hatchling and they quickly grow into it so it can not come off without being cut. There is no seam, it's a ring...pretty close to tamper-proof. She did not have that.

bye doood

fd48d9c1c087b8a9b0c2af588d0d9882.jpg

5823481638d1634f90af62c14d2e0f87.jpg

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

It's hard to believe that it's been over 6 years since we lost Nelson. He was my friend and he was on my mind a lot this past weekend. Having lived in Liverpool at one point, Nelson was a big fan of Liverpool in the English Premier League. I've been a Manchester United fan for a long time, so we had many discussions about our teams. Liverpool and Manchester are only about 30 miles apart and their rivalry is one of the biggest in English Football. Nelson would have been excited about how this season played out. Liverpool hasn't won the title in close to 30 years but this year they battled for the championship with Manchester City, trading the lead back and forth, only to lose by 1 point on the final day of the season. I know he's looking down, disappointed that they failed to win the crown, but he can take hope. They still have a chance to capture the Champions League, the European championship. I still miss my friend and know he's in a better place, whole and pain free. God bless you my friend.

Nice words Muddy(apart from the CLFinal part:yeah:COYS!):thumbsup: I still miss Nelson, the chap was 'a one off' and rather special in a lot of ways.:pass:...Hope you're doing ok mate?:toke::passit:

Nice words Muddy(apart from the CLFinal part:yeah:COYS!):thumbsup: I still miss Nelson, the chap was 'a one off' and rather special in a lot of ways.:pass:...Hope you're doing ok mate?:toke::passit:

I'm doing great. Hope you are as well.

I'll be supporting Tottenham come June 1st. I've had a dislike of Liverpool going back to the Luis 'the biter' Suarez days. Tottenham is my second favorite EPL team. I started watching them a lot back when Luca Modric and Gareth Bale were playing there. When Modric went to Real Madrid, I followed him and have become a big Madrid fan as well. I've been telling my wife for years that Modric was the best midfielder in the world. Glad to see him win the Ballon d'Or this year.

If Nelson were still here I'm sure we'd be going back and forth over the CL final. It would have been great fun.

It would definitely keep my attention!:d5::smoking:...:toke:

My old friend Nelson is smiling down today as his beloved Liverpool has won the European Championship with a 2 - 0 win yesterday over Tottenham. Nelson would have been very pleased to see them win after losing the English Premier League by 1 point on the final day of the season. RIP my old friend and enjoy the victory.

in 1970 I was at this concert within 20ft of Nelson. at the time I did not know him. he did the sound for Jimi Hendrix at this concert. he may be in this video somewhere??
I found out he was their in conversation here on AFN 40 years later.

in 1970 I was at this concert within 20ft of Nelson. at the time I did not know him. he did the sound for Jimi Hendrix at this concert. he may be in this video somewhere??
I found out he was their in conversation here on AFN 40 years later.

I remember that conversation!:thumbsup:(the 60s music thread... and maybe starting point of what became the Vets thread? ...long time ago anyway:hookah: ...fun times!:pass:

Krug. :toke:not many left on here from that long ago. I don't live in the past, BUT all the best times are there.:cheers:.

Back