Grow Mediums Need4Weed's 1st Auto-Pots Grow with 2X CDLC, Sour Crack & Psychofruit

I agree! I've stunted them pretty bad in the past, but they usual bounce right back. In fact, I pulled my best yield, (9 1,2 zips), off of a SODK that had the worst twisted deformed leaves as a seedling. :shrug::pass:

I've gotten quite a few of those mutant seedlings, and I always let them grow out. Seem to be just fine plants at the end as you just demonstrated with yield!

Update day 23
The girls have been doing well and have survived a round of topping and ponytailing without much of a setback. I did the deed a couple days ago and I'm already seeing new growth! I can't wait to hook them up to the reservoir, but I am worried as to whether they will be able to thrive. I'm afraid I put too much perlite in the bottom when I was covering up the air domes and I think it might hinder the wicking action. I've watched a couple videos since then that said to be careful not to do that. At least if I did mess up, I can still hand water till harvest. I filled up the res yesterday and added nutes today. Tomorrow I'll see where it's at ph and tds wise and go from there. Here's some pics and thanks for stopping by! :pass:

CDLC#1
c120210127_222053.jpg

CDLC#2
c20210127_223329.jpg

Sour Crack
sc20210127_223510.jpg

Psychofruit
pf20210127_223725.jpg

Last edited:
Update day 28
The girls have been doing well and have survived a round of topping and ponytailing without much of a setback. I did the deed a couple days ago and I'm already seeing new growth! I can't wait to hook them up to the reservoir, but I am worried as to whether they will be able to thrive. I'm afraid I put too much perlite in the bottom when I was covering up the air domes and I think it might hinder the wicking action. I've watched a couple videos since then that said to be careful not to do that. At least if I did mess up, I can still hand water till harvest. I filled up the res yesterday and added nutes today. Tomorrow I'll see where it's at ph and tds wise and go from there. Here's some pics and thanks for stopping by! :pass:

CDLC#1
View attachment 1281194

CDLC#2
View attachment 1281195

Sour Crack
View attachment 1281196

Psychofruit
View attachment 1281197
I've done that a few times with the clay balls i just tilt my autopot tray slightly till you see the water level in the tray drop and leave it like that for around a day usually starts the wicking process dude

I've done that a few times with the clay balls i just tilt my autopot tray slightly till you see the water level in the tray drop and leave it like that for around a day usually starts the wicking process dude
That's good to know and it eases my worries some @Wile e Peyote :d5: How far from the floor do you prop them up? :pass:
Looking good bro! First time I've seen the ponytail technique. What videos did you watch on prepping your autopots?
I watched a couple that were titled ""10, (or maybe 12), tips for growing with autopots," or something like that! :pass:

That's good to know and it eases my worries some @Wile e Peyote :d5: How far from the floor do you prop them up? :pass:

I watched a couple that were titled ""10, (or maybe 12), tips for growing with autopots," or something like that! :pass:
Only about an inch dude and keep an eye on them make sure there's no leaks (water can spill out over the top of the tray) if you tilt to much

Update day 26 (Note: Last update was mistakenly labeled as day 28, when it was actually day 23.)
The girls are doing good and have been hooked up to the res since Friday and I'm already seeing new growth. I checked the ph of the res and it had already drifted up to 6.5 and a good amount of the solution was gone, (I'd guess around 3 gallons). I put 1 1/2 ml of ph down in the res and I refilled with solution. I also upped the Megacrop to 3 grams per gallon. Ph is now at 6.1 and ppm's are 550. I'm waiting for the ph to settle before I add any more ph down. I'll be hooking up the airdomes as soon as I get some more tubing, (within the next day or two). I bought this pump for the airdomes and I hope it's not too big.

Hydrofarm AAPA15L Active Aqua, 6W, 15 L/min Air Pump 4 Outlets, White

If it is too big, I have some check valves that I can put on each line that reduces the pressure considerably. I'm also getting ready to do another round of pony-tailing with some of the top leaves and defoliating the lower ones. I also placed folded up tp rolls to tilt the autopots slightly to encourage wicking. Thanks to @Wile e Peyote for the advice as it is always welcomed! :pighug: On to the pics and thanks for stopping by!:pass:

CDLC#1
c1IMG_20210131_220056.jpg

CDLC#2
c2IMG_20210131_220108.jpg

Sour Crack
scIMG_20210131_220116.jpg

Psychofruit
pfIMG_20210131_220124.jpg

Update day 26 (Note: Last update was mistakenly labeled as day 28, when it was actually day 23.)
The girls are doing good and have been hooked up to the res since Friday and I'm already seeing new growth. I checked the ph of the res and it had already drifted up to 6.5 and a good amount of the solution was gone, (I'd guess around 3 gallons). I put 1 1/2 ml of ph down in the res and I refilled with solution. I also upped the Megacrop to 3 grams per gallon. Ph is now at 6.1 and ppm's are 550. I'm waiting for the ph to settle before I add any more ph down. I'll be hooking up the airdomes as soon as I get some more tubing, (within the next day or two). I bought this pump for the airdomes and I hope it's not too big.

Hydrofarm AAPA15L Active Aqua, 6W, 15 L/min Air Pump 4 Outlets, White

If it is too big, I have some check valves that I can put on each line that reduces the pressure considerably. I'm also getting ready to do another round of pony-tailing with some of the top leaves and defoliating the lower ones. I also placed folded up tp rolls to tilt the autopots slightly to encourage wicking. Thanks to @Wile e Peyote for the advice as it is always welcomed! :pighug: On to the pics and thanks for stopping by!:pass:

CDLC#1
View attachment 1282583

CDLC#2
View attachment 1282584

Sour Crack
View attachment 1282585

Psychofruit
View attachment 1282586
Dude in veg i go for a pH of 5.6/5.8 that way res pH swings ain't so bad and 5.8 to 6.2 in bloom

Dude in veg i go for a pH of 5.6/5.8 that way res pH swings ain't so bad and 5.8 to 6.2 in bloom
I do the same as you with Ph...5.8 ish and sometimes not all the time she drifts to 6.2ish--- which seems to be somewhat dependent on the amount of solution I have in the res.(normally more solution equals less drift)...seems to work well...but what the fxk do I know.
The more I learn the less I realize I don't know. :smokeout:

Back