Need help, first time ever growing.

Reaction score
Hello all, thanks for allowing me to join your community. I kinda have a general knowledge of growing but not experienced at all. i was wondering if you guys could tell me what is up with my girl. She’s a Girl Scout cookie auto from garden of green seeds. I have her in a 5 gallon bucket with 80 percent fox farms and the other 20 percent black gold natural and organic potting soil. It’s currently 8-9 days from sprout. I have a 350w wakyme cob led on it right now with a fan blowing on it. What do you guys think is up?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
Am guessing cause you don't have environmental info... sprouts and seedlings want a high relative humidity. Like 70%. They don't have the root system to support much growth yet. And the fan is probably amplifying the issue. First couple weeks my young ones live under a humidity dome of some kind.... usually just the bottom of a 2L with a few small holes in it. But something is needed to keep the humidity in. The curled edges are a pretty clear give away.

Thanks so much for the reply! I am doing so now do control humidity on my girls. So placing a 2 liter cut in half and the bottom over it will help?

Yep as moisture from the soil evaporates, it gets trapped in the dome. I need them April to October with little ones. I've seen people use gallon ziploc bags over the top of the grow bag too.

This is a VPD chart. It gives optimal temps and humidity for different stages of life. I stay closeish. I tend to stay on the dryer side in late flower if I can.

Leaf-Vapor-Pressure-Deficit-VPD-1.jpg

That chart will help a lot, I’ll be setting up a hygro and temp reader tomorrow to keep an eye on everything. I’m just guessing as of right now

@Illegaltolegal :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:. Improper PH as well as genetics can cause that deformation as well as too dry RH. Make sure there is air flow through the dome because too much heat and humiduty can build up in them causing "Damping Off". I have had some plants look similar and they grew out of it.

:goodluck:

:vibe:

Thanks for the welcome greetings! Currently I’m having to guess everything but tomorrow I’m getting a ph tester for water and soil and a hygrometer and temp reader to actually keep an eye on everything so I don’t have to guess anymore and do it right.

Back