New Grower My first grow around.

I'd like to ask you a couple of things, if that's okay... I have been using calmag, but cut it back for a couple of feeds. How much do you add to a gallon of water (4.5litres)? I love the look of your pineapple express. Is she a tall plant? I'm looking for my next strain, but only have 60-70cm height to spare

Cat, my cal Mag suggests 1 teaspoon per gallon. It recommends being used every other feed. I have read somewhere that I could use half strength every feed. I am also growing in soil, so I have no clue what to do with coco.

The pineapple express is about 16 inches tall. However, I started another pineapple express 2 weeks after that one and its my tallest plant at 23inches. You can always start it and LST or supercrop or even scrog if you think it is going to get to big.. Hope that helps! Any questions that I can answer I am more than happy to do so.

@Vlad The Inhaler .. I hope she tastes as good as she smells.. If she does. I will only grow pineapple express.. Who am I kidding, I have try all the strains I have seen you folks growing.

Last edited:
Cat, my cal Mag suggests 1 teaspoon per gallon. It recommends being used every other feed. I have read somewhere that I could use half strength every feed. I am also growing in soil, so I have no clue what to do with coco.

The pineapple express is about 16 inches tall. However, I started another pineapple express 2 weeks after that one and its my tallest plant at 23inches. You can always start it and LST or supercrop or even scrog if you think it is going to get to big.. Hope that helps! Any questions that I can answer I am more than happy to do so.

@Vlad The Inhaler .. I hope she tastes as good as she smells.. If she does. I will only grow pineapple express.. Who am I kidding, I have try all the strains I have seen you folks growing.
I imagine calmag is the same in coco as it is in soil. I love the sound of pineapple exp, 23" is an ideal height. I'll be searching for some of those seeds. Cheers, appreciated

I imagine calmag is the same in coco as it is in soil. I love the sound of pineapple exp, 23" is an ideal height. I'll be searching for some of those seeds. Cheers, appreciated

Actually cal/mag for coco is far more than in soil. They give you a recommended does to use, if you're showing cal/mag deficiency then up the dose that wont be a problem.

Just a tip @Cat ,

When growing in coco you must buy coco specific nutrients as Calcium and Magnesium can bind to the substrate and become useless. So when you buy coco nutrients they actually have a higher ratio of cal/mg so that no deficiency's occur.

Just a tip @Cat ,

When growing in coco you must buy coco specific nutrients as Calcium and Magnesium can bind to the substrate and become useless. So when you buy coco nutrients they actually have a higher ratio of cal/mg so that no deficiency's occur.
Thanks for the tip. I'm using Floranova grow/bloom, but plan on changing as soon as the run out

Just a brief update. Been super busy. But, the 1 plant I chopped gave me 18 grams dry and is now curing. I know that isn't a lot. But i learned a valuable lesson and Im still happy with that result. Also it is some strong medicine. Nice and energetic. The taste isnt there but will be in time. Once it cures I will do a smoke report.

Update on my other three ladies coming soon. Thanks everyone!

Just a brief update. Been super busy. But, the 1 plant I chopped gave me 18 grams dry and is now curing. I know that isn't a lot. But i learned a valuable lesson and Im still happy with that result. Also it is some strong medicine. Nice and energetic. The taste isnt there but will be in time. Once it cures I will do a smoke report.

A harvest is still a harvest know uve gained vital experience for the next grow

I will be lucky if I harvest as much as that on my first plant, but I decided the experience would be more valuable. I bet she's a lovely smoke

A harvest is still a harvest know uve gained vital experience for the next grow

Very true Bailey. I learned from cutting a bit to early and not using nutes at beginning of flower. Won't make those mistakes again. Trust that.

@Cat for a first grow. Anything is better than nothing. I am sure u will get at least what I got. How is the plant doing? You should really start a journal. Would like to see you get some tips and tricks from the great folks here. They can look at a pic and let you know how to fatten it up and pump it full of big love.

Back