New Grower My desktop grow, DG X CDLC X MS

Neat grow! Love the custom LED for it too. Dawn and dusk feature is inventive. Hope it works well for you. I suspect that plant is going to get quite large despite the small pot size. hahaha you will need a presidential size desk.

"hands off the seedlings kid!"

JFK_Online_Presidents_Will.jpg

Looking great man! Been so pinched for space you inspired me to consider doing a desktop grow of my own. Curious to see you get to work on it!

Oddly enough based on the title I thought you were growing in a desktop PC, which would be cool too lol.
I couldn't resist the temptation to grow!

Neat grow! Love the custom LED for it too. Dawn and dusk feature is inventive. Hope it works well for you. I suspect that plant is going to get quite large despite the small pot size. hahaha you will need a presidential size desk.

"hands off the seedlings kid!"

JFK_Online_Presidents_Will.jpg
LOL, "hands off the seedling kid!", LOL

Yep, I do feel she is going to be on the tall side, thus the desire to perform some Vapo inspired HST.

I had procured some Advance Nutrient GMB ph perfect during my last grow and have not used.it yet and figure this plant will be the test subject.

With such a small airpot when should I start adding nutrients? I am sure that limited amount of amended soil is going to have its nutrients used up quickly!

With the dry amendments you added, I think you probably have at least 2 if not 3 weeks before you need to feed her anything. Just HF usually gives ya at least 2 weeks, but I have never used it in a pot that small.

With the dry amendments you added, I think you probably have at least 2 if not 3 weeks before you need to feed her anything. Just HF usually gives ya at least 2 weeks, but I have never used it in a pot that small.

So far I have watered her every third day and if that stays true I think a little recharge next watering, then plain water for a watering or two and around 17-18 days old I think I should start a weak nute mix.

As I sit here and look at the plant on my desk, I have a feeling that she will probably require multiple waterings every day when she gets bigger! It only takes 4 oz of water to get a slight runoff when watering at this point. And being a desktop grow she is very easy to weigh, the pot and soil weighed 1lb 2oz before the first watering.

This CDLC is in a 20-24 oz pot, getting very close to done. I wasn’t expecting it to get so large, but I think it will produce 2.5 oz+ of dried flowers, which greatly exceeds my original expectations. I have been able to get by with only watering twice a day. It’s gone so well I am planning a whole grow with smaller pots now, I will either do 1/2 gal or 1
pots, I haven’t decided yet.

8BDF132A-1940-42AA-8DEE-329C8D2A179F.jpeg

With a 1/2 gallon air pot, you could easily end up with a little monster on your desk.

This CDLC is in a 20-24 oz pot, getting very close to done.
With a 1/2 gallon air pot, you could easily end up with a little monster on your desk.

That CDLC is a sweet looking plant! Did you top or do anything to her?

She is doing great so far, I am very interested in how she will end up growing, it is half Mango Smile which is 75% sativa, so I think you will be right and she is going to be a tall girl.

That CDLC is a sweet looking plant! Did you top or do anything to her?

She is doing great so far, I am very interested in how she will end up growing, it is half Mango Smile which is 75% sativa, so I think you will be right and she is going to be a tall girl.
I didn’t top that plant, all I did with her was leaf tucking to bring the side branches up a bit. She is in a tent with two other CDLC in 3gal cloth pots that are topped and trained. I figured by not topping the little plant the canopy would end up pretty even, which mostly worked out.

Mango Smile is a big plant, Double Grape is a medium plant and CDLC is a small/medium sized plant, so who knows what you are gonna get with that cross in terms of height. Depending on your height restrictions you might want to consider topping her if she is showing her Mango side. It’s probably gonna be fresh no mater what, I have only grown a couple of my freebies, but they have both been very good.

Back