New Grower My 1st Grow, A journey...

Very nice. Very nice looking ladies!

Gals are looking great, willie!
Oh man, it's like 15 degrees F outside and windy. I put a blanket over the tent, hope it does not last too long or I might be starting a new Journal!!!
Do you have any of those chem hand warmers? Even candles or a gas lantern will help, just make sure you have a clear area for candles, and some airflow if you use a lantern.
:karma Cloud:

Even candles or a gas lantern will help, just make sure you have a clear area for candles, and some airflow if you use a lantern.
Brilliant absolutely brilliant! I have two Coleman two mantle lanterns we use for camping. I was so panicked I did not even think about using something like these. I can put both of them on low and they run for about 8 hrs. Open the one of the roof vents and a bottom vent that should keep things vented. I'll let you know. The chemical hand warmers too, brilliant!!
This ones for you!!:slap:

11/24
9:00 PM
Temp 77 RH 30
Well the power is back on! Thanks for the input and suggestions and encouragement very appreciated.
Here's tonight's photos. The progress is pretty astonishing, check out the growths in between the leaves and the main stem (what are they called?)

CC Nodes?
DSC_0425-croppednodes_zpsb61278a3.jpg

CC
DSC_0421_zps7c4d0f7e.jpg

BK
DSC_0428_zps39329b6c.jpg

BDM at 3days no less!!
DSC_0418-cropped_zps6a4dabbe.jpg

11/25
CC Day 31 BK day 21 BDM Day 5
5:50 AM
Temp 73 RH 60

Another good morning looks like we made it through the power outage without any negative impact. Boy they look so dry. I will hold off, I just added 500ml to CC and BK and the DBMs got 500ml a day or two ago. Still unsure on the amount of water I should be using for each watering. I have tended to be on the lighter side after drowning them at first. Should I water until run off with the three gal smart-pots?

Try to get a feel for the weight of the pots, heavier=wetter. If you're really unsure you could fill a spare pot dry for comparison, but don't let them get that light.:peace:

Try to get a feel for the weight of the pots, heavier=wetter. If you're really unsure you could fill a spare pot dry for comparison, but don't let them get that light.:peace:

Thanks man! I am getting pretty good at gauging when. I have been using a moisture meter and feeling for the weight, fairly easy to tell so far. My question revolves around how much to water when I do. I am using 3 gal smart-pots. Should I soak them until run off appears? I have only been using 500 - 1000ml at a time presently.

I always water until I get a bit of run off, then let them nearly dry out. I havn't any experience with smart pots though and I'm guessing your climate isn't as damp as mine.:peace:

11/25
6:00 PM
Temp 77 RH32

Lots of nice growth, I. pretty sure, pics will tell the tale!
BDMs must be light hungry girls! They are stretching and leaning towards the light one was very leggy. Added more soil to the pot and lowered the CFL to about 2 in. They needed water too, so each one received 1L of aftw with 220 ppm supercharger pH 6.8. I think I gauged it well they (leaves) were reaching up this morning and looked flat this evening. The pots were also pretty light.

CC looks great but I think I see just a bit of burn on the tips of some of the lower leaves, prolly rushed the Fusion Grow. Man she is a sensitive girl. Argghhhh Oh Well, is OK. She still grew a lot though. BK, just lapping up the attention, loving every minute of the attention. She is turning into quite the beast.

I think it may be time to think of perhaps some LST or even supercropping. I don't know, makes me nervous, the logic and method are clear, just cannot bring myself to manhandle them right now.

8:30 PM Picture time. Hope folks are not tired of them yet. I love comparing one day to the next. So....

The grow tent
DSC_0676_zps95274e79.jpg

Here a couple of shots of CC, the sensitive one. She has some spots from nutrient burn, but she is busting out though.

CC Nodes
DSC_0689-croppednodes_zpse371b2de.jpg

CC Top and Center
DSC_0686-cropped_zps8d620da8.jpg

BDM
DSC_0694_zps0256c506.jpg

BK - The photo-period beastie...
DSC_0683_zpsc9234960.jpg

Back