I wish I could hang a hps bulb right down in the middle of that cage.

Dunno why I hadn't thought of that, but it would be a great candidate for some vertical lighting. Heck, even the little clip on CFL I've got overhead that I use as my work light so I can turn of the LED's and not fry my retinas I could have hung by the cord right in the middle and took the reflector off the for a nice little boost. Think I'm going to let this one go as is since it's already this far. Can say it's to really showcase what the Platinum's can do on their own with no supplemental light or something, and not just becuase I don't want to mess with setting it up. Probably going to keep going with mainlining more of the photo seeds I've got after this one is done in the tent, so might have to really think about it on the next run.

Just caught up on your grow and that's some nice mainlining. I have two P300s and love them. Never tried mainlining but can see where one wrong move and you have split your girl in two.

Last edited:
Quicky update on the Grilled Cheese mainlined plant. She's got quite the smell going now. Really fragrant as she reaches week 5 since being switched to 12/12. Think she's starting to get close to the end. Will have to break out the jewlers loop soon and start taking a closer look. Starting to see some of the lower leaves yellow off. Bud's are still thickening up a little, but seems to be winding down a bit. Can really see where the mainlining comes in, as all the buds do seem to have a nice, even size to them. The idea of setting the plant up as a kind of "manifold" where each node is a main and is the same distance up the stem as the others really can make for an even growth between all the nodes as they hopefully get equal shares of the availble resources.

Anyhow...on to the update pics...

DSCN6585.JPG

DSCN6587.JPG

DSCN6584.JPG

Very nice flower development. Great size and shape. Good job with PH, I'm not seeing any Ca issues that pop up late flower.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

This should be my last update on this little mainline plant until she gets the chop next week. Not really much to report. More leaves yellowed off and feel over the last several days while the buds have been thickening up nicely. She is really stinking up the house in a good way something fierce as well.

DSCN6713.JPG
DSCN6721.JPG

Harvested the mainlined Grilled Cheese today. Turned out to be, in my opinion, a beautiful little plant and looks like a really nice little harvest. Was a fun project, and I think the work trimming and training her was worth it in the end, even if just for the knowledge. Bud's on all eight nodes are nicely thick as well, though. And how each of them is almost equal in size and thickness really does go to showing how the mainlined "manifold" really does it's thing.

I've heard that GC is supposed to be a really good strain for Rosin pressed oil, so the timing is perfect since the new press should be here next week. Will likely still cure this for at least a couple weeks before pressing, though. Thinking it'll press well if the stickiness on my fingers just handling the branches even the little I did while chopping, snapping shots, and hanging in the drying box is any indication. :smoking:

DSCN6853.JPG
DSCN6854.JPG
DSCN6858.JPG
DSCN6860.JPG
DSCN6864.JPG

Trimmed it up tonight. Final tally was 48 grams. Some super sticky stuff, to. Going to try pressing a couple buds tonight just to see how uncured, dried presses out, but will let the rest cure for a while before starting to run it through the rosin press.

DSCN7084.JPG DSCN7085.JPG DSCN7087.JPG DSCN7089.JPG

Back