Outdoor Mon's Auto & Photo Outdoor Guerillia Grow Adventure 2017

They are looking so good! How much more time do you think they need for a decent harvest? The way those corn ears are looking!? Where I live there is a lot of agriculture (big into corn) sometimes farmers like to leave it in the fields to dry more if the weather is right for it. That way they don't have to dry it so much themselves, Sometimes it depends on weather forecast and their operation. Man, this is giving me some anxiety. Good luck , Mongol

I wonder more about how you keep your plants insectfree....a mouse is okay....but they look really healthy for plants + in the wild+....

well it is more like they are in the cornfield where a lot of insecticides have been used before they were brought there. So now almost the complete field hase none of them. The mouse is a bit sad because she is killing roots...

They are looking so good! How much more time do you think they need for a decent harvest? The way those corn ears are looking!? Where I live there is a lot of agriculture (big into corn) sometimes farmers like to leave it in the fields to dry more if the weather is right for it. That way they don't have to dry it so much themselves, Sometimes it depends on weather forecast and their operation. Man, this is giving me some anxiety. Good luck , Mongol

Well the plants could need till end october, so longer than any "cowcorn" or corn for humans would stand on the field. So hard times comin...

Friendly LB is managing again my conversations, a little bit like my personal secretary:thumbsup:
secretary.jpg

Thanks stedi:pass:
FD could be ready in 3-4 weeks..DP is far away...just started flowering after the PK kick 2 weeks ago:shrug:
Weather last weeks has been rainy and cold and forecast tells the same for the next weeks, so maybe another few weeks to dry the corn down to 20-30% at the field before harvesting???? Will upload some pics of the cornfield this afternoon...

Last edited:
@stedimed
So the cornfield thing is like that, in this field i did some Automazars last year and they did it pretty well, the farmer planted the corn at the middle of may and harvested in November, but this year it was very cold and rainy in spring and he started about 3 weeks later also dividing the field into 2 parts, he first planted corn on the leftside and after about 3 weeks the rightside...a pic overview of both parts...
20170911_142451.jpg

it can be seen, that the corn on the left side is bigger and greener than on the right side...some pics of the leftside...
20170911_142455.jpg

20170911_142514.jpg

20170911_142532.jpg

the rightside...
20170911_142501.jpg

20170911_142741.jpg

What do you mean, both cowcorn for animals???

the fact that the corn is dented there means it is getting closer to harvest for animal feed! (We also do corn for our holsteins.) We planted ours also Mid-May and will probably be harvesting in another two weeks or so... but we're probably also further north than you.

Your plants look awesome! Looking forward to hearing your smoke report on Holland's Hope. That was on my list for this year but I didn't pull the trigger (so it's on my 2018 "maybe" list.)

Yeah - it's true that if the weather stays nice into fall, the corn will stay up. It's usually too wet hear to harvest past October (though there have been a few odd years where it happens.) Usually we harvest ours (up off the coast of British Columbia) around September 15-25.

Back