Grow Mediums Mom’s GlueberryOG, GorillaOG, AutoPot, AutoCob, Coco Grow

:smoking:... lobstahhhh! :rofl: ... I'm with you Mom, and not even with fried fish! :shrug: never found seafood appealing, no matter the type,... ironic coming from somebody half Japanese! I can see my Dad's older sister Nessan (born in the old country) still looking at me and shaking her little head in abject disappointment- :rofl: .. hardly fair though, Nessan was one of those types who would go down to low tide with chopsticks and a bowl of rice and just feast! :nono: :rofl: .... deep sea fishing,.. never know what you're gonna drag up there! :wiz: :eek1:

Mom:
Hope the new light helps. I could not think of a more deserving AFN member.
Try not to fall into the "Snake Oil" nutrient additive traps. Most indoor growers need more light to get better results. The light numbers are out there but it is difficult without expensive meters to use them. Your money is better spent on more lights than a meter. A good rule of thumb espoused by experienced cannabis growers is one COB per square foot of canopy. Once you get there then you can play with nutrients to dial things up.

Actually this 50 watts per square foot is on 12/12 photo period plants and all of this past year I have worked my tail off proving that autos being a completely different animal and on a different light schedule do not need any where near this amount of light. I am currently at 11 watts per square foot and tell you if kept to close the cobs will still do damage. Less light and a light balanced diet is all that’s needed.

Hey there @MassMom!!! Such a wonderful day! I have sat at my bench for hundreds of hours over the past few months feeling like a robot. Daunting task of a long work day cool down is an order for a dozen lights :rofl::rofl: When it came to building this particular light for you it really boosted my spirits. I smiled and felt a bit of warmth knowing the time would be well appreciated. I even signed this one as I hope every time you saw it you would feel this same bit of happiness. Definitly following along now too.

:bravo: :vibeguard::pighug:.... @Mañ'O'Green -- woooow! - mate, this is an fabulous show of generosity and community! :bow: :vibe: :cheers: ....Thanks on behalf of Staff for such wonderful gift to another AFN citizen! .... you,..you wouldn't happen to be older, white-haired and a wee chunky, would you? :crying: .... I have applied massive Rep' the thy lower cheeks already- :slap: :jointman: :thanks: Cheers! :smokeout:

>>>:bighug: Mom lovie, how stoked are you and daughter! :baby::woohoo::baby:... Sm0' makes the Goods, so I know this light will do you right- :d5:
...how's the Autopot + coco-nut life treating you? I'm dying to get in on Autopots myself! If even you want to try organic and super low maintenance, Biotab's (the company Mephisto uses exclusively at their farm) has a great affiliation with them with stellar results! ........... :eek1: oof! -- really low RH% is a mess waiting to happen, especially as they get bigger,... damn Winter air! It starts to really mess with transpiration,... but you're on it already, so let us know how much that humi' unit up's the RH%,...:greenthumb:

Thank you hon, these dudes on AFN are MY SANTA!!! I love the ease of the auto pots.....fill res and forget for a bit :biggrin:
I am definately thinking of an even simpler grow next time, something more organic. More microbes and maybe try to get a living soil going. I was looking into the Mephisto Autoflower amendment.

Happy new year!!!

Hey there @MassMom!!! Such a wonderful day! I have sat at my bench for hundreds of hours over the past few months feeling like a robot. Daunting task of a long work day cool down is an order for a dozen lights :rofl::rofl: When it came to building this particular light for you it really boosted my spirits. I smiled and felt a bit of warmth knowing the time would be well appreciated. I even signed this one as I hope every time you saw it you would feel this same bit of happiness. Definitly following along now too.
You are such a sweetheart! trust me, it lifted MY SPIRITS to receive it! I didnt see the signature, let me go look!!
thank you santa
:bighug:

its been hours, and the stupid little cvs vaporizer has got humidity up to a whole 25!!! :cuss:

seems like its raising temp more than humidity. may have to take it back and get a nice 1 gallon vicks cool mist humidifier tomorrow at walmart. Oh well, will let the girls enjoy the little bit of extra moisture they are getting for now.

I will be cleaning tent, adding new cob, and taking some tent pics tomorrow, woo hoo!:thumbsup:

Mom:
Hope the new light helps. I could not think of a more deserving AFN member.
Try not to fall into the "Snake Oil" nutrient additive traps. Most indoor growers need more light to get better results. The light numbers are out there but it is difficult without expensive meters to use them. Your money is better spent on more lights than a meter. A good rule of thumb espoused by experienced cannabis growers is one COB per square foot of canopy. Once you get there then you can play with nutrients to dial things up.
Nice donation. Very Nice.

Lol...you silly. :smoking:

Actually, I dont like lobster. or clams. or shrimp....anything seafood for that matter.
Only thing I do like is haddock. (mmmmm....beer battered fish n chips)
However, no crustacean or other fish has ever been near mom. yuck. ha ha.
Which is strange, because I am a fisherman. I live on the water in the summer. Local lakes or off the backroads searching for areas full of trout. hornpout fishing...ahhhh...yes sir eeeee. Deep sea fishing off Cape Cod....cant be beat. After growing for my daughter, fishing is my second passion :biggrin:
Ah a real Weedy Fisherman

its been hours, and the stupid little cvs vaporizer has got humidity up to a whole 25!!! :cuss:

seems like its raising temp more than humidity. may have to take it back and get a nice 1 gallon vicks cool mist humidifier tomorrow at walmart. Oh well, will let the girls enjoy the little bit of extra moisture they are getting for now.

I will be cleaning tent, adding new cob, and taking some tent pics tomorrow, woo hoo!:thumbsup:
What about a bucket of water in the space. Anything wet should help. If you have an exhaust fan on you could try to lower it if temps still remain stable enough. Plants transpire most of the water we pour in which is generally a lot. If your sucking it out then it won’t change much.

thank you hon...oh what we wont do for our babies! of course, there is an ulterior motive....mom wants big buds!
:crying:

I have been sitting here this morning wondering why I never get big buds. My plants will get to a certain point in flower, then sit there and not fill out. I am wondering if I am not giving them something at a crucial point. INFOMATIVE VIDEO. I have been watching a lot of videos on youtube by NPK university....totally amazes me what these plants can do if given the right stuff at the right time. Plants and the whole growing process are absolutely amazing. Mom just wants to give her ladies what they need and when so that they can be the best they can be. I have been checking out the RAW nutrient line and what is recommended when, very informative....I really dig this Harley guy and his videos. its one thing to plant a seed and water it, its another thing to know the "hows" and "whys" of the plant itself and how different nutrients and microbes have symbiosis with each other.

NPK UNIVERSITY
Hey Mom I finally made it around the the video. I will warn you with the raw products thought as I use them myself. I really only like to use them as supplemental additives to an already complete nutrient schedule. These products are very strong. Can’t recall some of the percentages besides the phosphorus which I am currently using. 0-45-0!!!! Super strong stuff. While being stronger it’s also pretty expensive as the quantity is so small. There are plenty of inexpensive yet complete nutrient lines out there. I personally think most are the same with different blends and different labels. The ones who advertise the most are the most expensive. Hope this helps a bit.

Back