Grow Mediums Mom’s GlueberryOG, GorillaOG, AutoPot, AutoCob, Coco Grow

DAY 25:
Temp: 77
Humidity 50
2 days ago I did end up giving all the ladies their recharge topside and see no ill effects.

Yesterday I went to walmart and got a different humidifier that I found in the baby section. It is a little pink "nursery cool mist" unit. It has a dial that you can go from low to high and holes so that the mist is blown in a 360 degree pattern. I put it in the tent on high (because all the other units I had sucked...so why not start on the high setting?), and 3 hours later when I checked the ladies leaves were hanging low and the humidity was 90!! oops. but hey...I found a great humidifier! I turned it totally off, and the humidity slowly went down and as of today the humidity is 50. so i turned it back on low setting and keeping my eye on it. I want to keep temps 75-79 and humity 50-60 during veg. Im telling you, the girls are LOVING IT. They are also loving the new AutoCob~ their leaves are almost straight up. its incredible. Especially gorilla og "b".(rear left in picture) She is trying to reach so high a few of them almost twisting! (she is the one who got the new COB over her instead of the LED). Even little auto jack's leaves are saluting the cob. I have never had growth like this...I am a very happy mom this morning :biggrin: Again, big thanks to @Mañ'O'Green and @BigSm0 !!

0102180925.jpg

0102180926a.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking of starting a little LST today....I pre drilled holes in the lips of the autopots before starting the grow to attach the landscape wire. Im just a little hesitant....

Happy to see the light is in good use already. The whole Vapor Pressure Deficit concept is fairly complicated but this chart is all you really need to know about the subject to use it for humidity levels. The gold area is where you want to be even during flower. The problem with holding humidity that high in flower is if the temps drop too low you can get bud rot; so I usually run in the white area on the dry side just for safety. For veg the gold area is a good target.

vapor_pressure_deficit_relative_humidity_chart_small.jpg

Actually this 50 watts per square foot is on 12/12 photo period plants and all of this past year I have worked my tail off proving that autos being a completely different animal and on a different light schedule do not need any where near this amount of light. I am currently at 11 watts per square foot and tell you if kept to close the cobs will still do damage. Less light and a light balanced diet is all that’s needed.

OK, autos need less light than photos. that's another reason to love autos. So instead of 50watts/sq foot i can do well with around 11 watts? I have an 8x8 tent with 60 autocobs. That is 600 watts in 64 sq feet which is about bang on what you are saying, correct?

Is there a typo in there? I have 8x8 64 sq foot tent and if the canopy of say 8 plants or so is half that, 32 sq ft, I would have 32 cobs in there?
Hps, with massive photo period plants, max co2 maybe. Not cobs and autos. 50 will kill and autos unless you keep it 48” above the canopy.

Hey @MassMom are those short stuff gorillas? If so bend gently as the branches do snap easily. You are in for a real treat with these ladies. I’m having trouble controlling mine and they just keep getting bigger and bigger. Definitly the best auto I have ever grown hands down. The growth is beautiful and the growth rate is even better.

OK, autos need less light than photos. that's another reason to love autos. So instead of 50watts/sq foot i can do well with around 11 watts? I have an 8x8 tent with 60 autocobs. That is 600 watts in 64 sq feet which is about bang on what you are saying, correct?
You have 60 autocobs?

I am only regurgitating the information posted by many sources about how much light to use. @BigSm0 is the only source that I have encountered that reduces the light for autos and that has not been my personal experience with them. I do run my lights at 30" above the canopy. I don't have enough space to do a proper test so my info is just Blah, blah blah.......... I wish I had a dozen rooms and 10000 sq. ft. to work with because I do understand the scientific method. Then I would not have to rely on other's Blah, blah blah..........

Back