Old Reviews MOES WiFi CO2 Detector & Exhale 365 - Test/Review

PPM's capped at over 550 the past few days. Hopefully the bag will start to produce more CO2, otherwise I don't think I can justify the cost at this point.

_20221023_104516.JPG

:peace:

It's making CO2, but is it enough? Maybe it can eliminate complete CO2 depletion from a contained grow? I mean... I'm trying to sort and process it. But I just don't think it's economically feasible.... Not yet. The highest peak I've seen so far from ambient is 100 PPM. It seems to spike when the humidity spikes, and that's not what I like to see. I need lower humidity and elevated CO2 for flowering. I'm skeptical it will, but maybe it has yet to surprise me.

_20221107_102126.JPG

Thanks for stopping by fellow growers!

I've read that to benefit from higher light levels CO2 needs to be well over 1,000 PPM, some say 1,200-2,000.

It's making CO2, but is it enough? Maybe it can eliminate complete CO2 depletion from a contained grow? I mean... I'm trying to sort and process it. But I just don't think it's economically feasible.... Not yet. The highest peak I've seen so far from ambient is 100 PPM. It seems to spike when the humidity spikes, and that's not what I like to see. I need lower humidity and elevated CO2 for flowering. I'm skeptical it will, but maybe it has yet to surprise me.

Thanks for stopping by fellow growers!​
Thanks for running this experiment! Based on the above, the CO2 different from using an Exhale bag in a grow tent with an exhaust fan seems essentially irrelevant.

Thanks for running this experiment! Based on the above, the CO2 different from using an Exhale bag in a grow tent with an exhaust fan seems essentially irrelevant.
My fans are turned nearly to the lowest setting, and they're barely moving air. I've shut them completely off, and there's not been a change. But I can hear it now... One could argue that it is producing CO2, so any extra is beneficial. And that may be true but so little is sort of pointless. And to produce more at 60RH+? That defeats the use of it for flowering almost entirely...
:shrug:

My fans are turned nearly to the lowest setting, and they're barely moving air. I've shut them completely off, and there's not been a change. But I can hear it now... One could argue that it is producing CO2, so any extra is beneficial. And that may be true but so little is sort of pointless. And to produce more at 60RH+? That defeats the use of it for flowering almost entirely...
:shrug:
I suspected the Exhale bags wouldn't do much. Anything capable of releasing enough CO2 to keep up with an exhaust fan moving 100+ cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) would probably be classified as a chemical weapon, not a gardening accessory.

:toke:

The substrate in the Exhale 365 bag has become completely colonized, and has steadily kept the tent hovering in the 520 - 595 range for a few weeks now. It appears that it is doing what it says it does. Pushing the numbers up with an exhaust, and intake moving air is actually quite impressive considering it's a bag of shrooms. In the coming weeks, I may place it in an open 2x4 tent without the exhaust running for a week or so and check numbers again.

_20221123_112009.JPG

Thanks for stopping by!

:toke:

The substrate in the Exhale 365 bag has become completely colonized, and has steadily kept the tent hovering in the 520 - 595 range for a few weeks now. It appears that it is doing what it says it does. Pushing the numbers up with an exhaust, and intake moving air is actually quite impressive considering it's a bag of shrooms. In the coming weeks, I may place it in an open 2x4 tent without the exhaust running for a week or so and check numbers again.

View attachment 1540537

Thanks for stopping by!
Cool! And what happens when you take the bag away? Do the values drop again? Just asking as it's winter and people heat up their homes more raising the CO2 in some cases...

Cool! And what happens when you take the bag away? Do the values drop again? Just asking as it's winter and people heat up their homes more raising the CO2 in some cases...
It drops and hovers around 400-450. It's definitely working. And since it is, then that leads me to the next question ..How long will it effectively produce CO2?

Back