Lighting Modular Cree COB build

@Rebel , this is what ripper was talking about. With single cobs they are mobile, thats why i did it this way. Ozone69 did it first with 4 singles.

The intensity of the cobs on the Meanwell driver is amazing! Much brighter than the converted light. One thing, the passive heat sinks do get warm. You can touch them and not get burned, but the heat is very much there. I have a mars reflector 48x5 for side lighting on and the pinks are almost completely drowned out.

20160912_085516.jpg

The intensity of the cobs on the Meanwell driver is amazing! Much brighter than the converted light. One thing, the passive heat sinks do get warm. You can touch them and not get burned, but the heat is very much there. I have a mars reflector 48x5 for side lighting on and the pinks are almost completely drowned out.

View attachment 630423

So I need to read from first post to this post and then get with you and Ripp... This is where its at!

Yes, and to decide if you want 2 or 4 cobs off one driver. I have another idea im working on for my next project but i have to find the right cobs.

Yes, and to decide if you want 2 or 4 cobs off one driver. I have another idea im working on for my next project but i have to find the right cobs.

Gotcha! Thanks dude!! Really appreciate it!

I have seen much people talking about some sellers on Alibaba called kingbrite apparantly many people buy from them, i found their email on a post in 420mag i think and emailed them asking for full 3070/3590 cob sets prices and got reply.

CXB3590 + thermal tape + Ideal 50-2303CR + Ideal 50-2300AN + Reflector KB-D82-90RF, unit price is $38.6usd per set.

HLG-240H-1750A/B: $66.0usd/pcs

Heatsink: Φ133mm*H70mm(for 50-65W): $10.5usd/pcs

CXB3070 + Ideal holder 50-2234C + Ideal adaptor 50-2100AN + Reflector KB-D82-90RF, unit price is $29.4usd per set.

Is it a good deal?

also, whats the difference between the A/B drivers? i cant seem to find that in google. and which do I want?
does that +6% efficiemcy really make up for the price with the 3590s? or is there more benefits to it over the 3070?

Difference between A/B has to do with the dimming...I'll have to dig out the spec sheets, but I think one can just use one type of dimming (switch vs potentiomentor) while the other can use two or three types of dimming controls.

Here it is...

Looks like A has built in pots that you can adjust levels with (usually the little sunk in the case, plastic looking screw things).
B can use the three different methods outlined to control the dimming
Untitled.png

Reactions: Bum
Ozone69 is right . A uses a little screw that is said to be awkward to adjust. I bet hung right it wouldn't be bad. Thats a great price on the 3590 pack! Ive seen cobs alone for 36, what i paid. How much is shipping? Northern Grow Lights has those parts for sale, except for the driver.

Reactions: Bum
Thanks a bunch @Ozone69 @Dudeski

Yeah A model sounds neat, Im sure its not that bad to adjust if its the driver is placed with it in mind.

I got quoted for shipping to northern europe $40 without heatsinks and $70 with. The guy Jerry email is jl@kingbrite.cn i hope its ok i post it if not just tag me and ill edit post.

What about cxb3070 vs 3590 theres quite a difference in price, is the 3590 worth it for the average small scale hobbyist?

Back