Indoor Moby Dick - the one with the CBD

Druid

Wiley Forest-dweller
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Mango | White Widow
Hey, so this is going to be my next grow log.

Components:
Space: Mars Hydro Tent - 1m² (3.3ft²)
Substrate: Terra Exotica - Cocos Ground
Pots: NiceGrow 11 Liter (Plastic air pots)
Watering: Drain to waste hydro (potVolume * 0.05 /day)
Overflow: 1m² flex-tray with spacers (so nothing gets swampy even with 20 liters of water in the tray)
Fertilizer:
* KRISTALON® GRÜN CALCIUM (0.82g/l)
* KALIMAGESIA 30% K, 10% MG, 17% S (0.45g/l)
* Fulvic Acid (0.21g/l)
Air: Single 110 extraction fan ~200m³/h on top, passive hepa filtered intakes on the bottom
Seed: Dinafem - Moby Dick
Light: 4x 50w(draw) COBs 4000k; 1x Mars Hydro 400 (used for supplemental lighting during mid-veg (3 weeks on) (and final flowering stages)

Since my lights are on a different schedule atm for the Somangos I'm going to wait with seeding until the slow-poke one is finished. I started prepping the substrate today.
Means?
I always use cheapo bricks (200 liters worth for a few bucks),
  • soak the bricks for a few hrs (in a big bucket without holes)
  • mix by hand to remove and dry pockets and chunks
  • fill the pots add a layer of ~15-20cm of substrate
  • press it down gently
  • Repeat until pot is full
After that I water it until it runs mostly clear (like a luxan). I do all this in a place where a few hundred liters of water aren't a problem (also works in the bathtub).

The seeds just went in; Now we wait.

The waiting is the hardest part!

:pass:

The waiting is over, meet the Mobies:
Mobies.jpg

moby1.jpg

New life! How are they doing, How ya been?

New life! How are they doing, How ya been?

They're doing well. The largest one flopped over today so I gave her a crutch. Haven't watered them yet. The only watering they got was a liter of Kiss D when I seeded them (of course the substrate was already dripping wet from flushing it). Also switched back to a long light cycle after taking down the last Somango. I swear that thing just kept on growing and growing (150+days) and it just kept growing and getting bigger and barely and amber trichs on it. That thing is gonna be a coma punch once it's cured.
I myself have been alright. Have been continuing on that game idea, in case you recall. You?

Here's the image I forgot to upload:

Untitled_HDR2.jpg

Im doing pretty good, thanks. Have had a learning experience with my cob this grow, was too intense. Short plant, flat top buds.

I totally forgot about the game, sorry bud.

Yeah cobs do an unexpectedly good job.

Here they are today on day 21:
Untitled_HDR2.jpg

Today I enabled the Mars light in addition to the cobs.

Last edited:
Hey @Druid, subbing up for this grow your garden is wonder to watch and learn from... just me and the @Dudeski , plenty of leg space then.
Passing this round chaps.
giphy20.gif

Back