Mephisto Genetics MidIN tackles Mephisto from scrog'd to HST and anything in between.

Since I been researching the Rudy strain itself and why it's been breed in to create auto flowering plants, I found some info about the soil in which the Rudy strain grow and underneath the ground it talked about being in some permanent frost soils anyways says roots branch out in more like 8-10" or less of actually good loose soils, so I created this from an old tote and are going to see how 8" of soil But 16" across the top of the pot works. Used a wood burning to make the holes all over it.View attachment 939102 View attachment 939103
Now pic a meph bean to go in it.
What are you hoping to do with that? Im a newb so i don't know everything but when I see something interesting I want to know about it and I have a couple of totes sitting around and I need to use them for something else because they are just taking up space...

What are you hoping to do with that? Im a newb so i don't know everything but when I see something interesting I want to know about it and I have a couple of totes sitting around and I need to use them for something else because they are just taking up space...
My plan. Is to use it as a airpot so saved $20 bucks right there for a 3gal pot, instead of on deep pot and hoping for lots of fingerling roots I'm going to hopefully create tons of finger roots by tricking the plant on how deep the soil is. Since the Rudy plant normally grows in soils that are hard or frozen about 10" or more under the top soil. I'll find the article about this and post it for you. It's very interesting stuff

Thats a well put together tent!!!
Thanks trying to get as many auto runs in as I can before winter because o ce winter is here all my tents will be testing photo strains from someone who i can't mention just yet. But those will be some beast plants in 15gal fabric air-pot mixed with roots organic original soil and roots coco. And 4 types of nute and organic test grows. I found company that is way cheaper then Mammoth P and with a less watered down version of microbiology solution.

Hey @midIN I'll take you up on the questions but will keep it to a min so I don't load up your grow journal with irrelevant posts. I'll PM you that makes more sense too.

I took a sour livers indica dominant 35 day old plant that had no LST other than leak tucking. I was going to just let it go natural. But it seemed like a good plant to try my grids for scrogging.

All I did was place the grid in the pot and I took certain branches and tried to use the grid to make the branch go horizontal instead of vertical. Some branches were to short to reach the grid so they are still vertical. But you can see how some are horizontal. Is this basically what you do?

20180808_133817.jpg

Hey @midIN I'll take you up on the questions but will keep it to a min so I don't load up your grow journal with irrelevant posts. I'll PM you that makes more sense too.

I took a sour livers indica dominant 35 day old plant that had no LST other than leak tucking. I was going to just let it go natural. But it seemed like a good plant to try my grids for scrogging.

All I did was place the grid in the pot and I took certain branches and tried to use the grid to make the branch go horizontal instead of vertical. Some branches were to short to reach the grid so they are still vertical. But you can see how some are horizontal. Is this basically what you do?

View attachment 939430
Where can I get one of those,if you don't mind me asking???

Where can I get one of those,if you don't mind me asking???

The ones I have are made in Canada and I think only available in Canada. $8 a piece. If you live in Canada I can tell you more offline.

If you are in the US just search amazon for "grow through grid". Or check your local gardening/nursery places. That's where I found mine. Mine are 18 inches diameter. I think that is the min size you would want. Maybe 20" is ideal but it also depends on the size of your pots dimensions.

Amazon product

View attachment 939430
Yes that is exactly what you do bub, now those lower levels will catch up with the others very soon. Here's a white crack and double grape scrog I just got set up today, I will keep tucking all the branches under til I see the stretch coming then I will repick what I want to grow pull through the screen and what I will stretch naturally through the screen. Feel free to load the thread up. ( I say it like this because autos have thier own clock unlike photos. So u have less time to keep filling the net versus a photo. I tried to keep my main cola and top branches to the edges and allowed all the middle traps and raceways to fill the center area.)
I want this to be a package of info for future reference to everyone. I do trim low low bud sites off, if it can't reach the net even after helping it up there without lifting the pot off the ground then it gets cut, but I have a row of buds on the sodk that would normally be the lowest sites on the plant popcorn buds, but are now nice 3" tall buds above the screen.
IMG_20180808_172323.jpg
IMG_20180808_172323.jpg
IMG_20180808_143558.jpg
IMG_20180808_143558.jpg
IMG_20180808_173709.jpg

The double grape and white crack scrog Should produce some lovely fall colors mixed together when harvest rolls around, or least that's my plan.

The ones I have are made in Canada and I think only available in Canada. $8 a piece. If you live in Canada I can tell you more offline.

If you are in the US just search amazon for "grow through grid". Or check your local gardening/nursery places. That's where I found mine. Mine are 18 inches diameter. I think that is the min size you would want. Maybe 20" is ideal but it also depends on the size of your pots dimensions.

Amazon product

Thanks, I'll look into it...

Back