Mephisto Genetics MidIN tackles Mephisto from scrog'd to HST and anything in between.

Heck no sounds delicious :drool:
Oh my is it, I'm lucky enough to have family that raises elk and pheasant so I get some big care packages few times a year. I've mastered cooking elk steak but not the ribs yet, I did give a bunch of neck meat and some tounges to my Hispanic buddy at work qhile back and his wife turned it in to the best tacos and tosqitos I've ever had, some Pico and celentro and this red hot sauce really sets it off. How ever u spell them.

U ever had an elk steak seared in white wine with Carmel onions and green pepper on top?? With a smoked pheasant as an appetizer
Stop it, you got my mouth watering and I don't like venison, or i haven't had enough to get used to the taste, but that sounds good!!! Especially the smoked pheasant!!!

I love all game water or land. Yes gold glue is going to be top shelf I can tell already, just from the lil nug I tried it's going to be the lala land Sunday and Saturday game day go to.
Elk is absolutely delishes as is caribou. I can probably make it and looking at my gold glue earlier imagining how strong it was gonna be and that sounds about good.

Stop it, you got my mouth watering and I don't like venison, or i haven't had enough to get used to the taste, but that sounds good!!! Especially the smoked pheasant!!!
Once u have bad venison it's hard to want to try it again I agree to that. I've had buddy's ruin a good roast simply because they don't know how to cook it.

Mexicans can cook. I miss the homemade taquitos. Never had it with elk I imagine just better lol. I’ve smoked and cooked lots of different meats but never elk ribs wish I could help. I’m gonna guess a quick sear followed by a braise with your choice of good wine or maybe a good bourbon
Edit further thought on the sear. Grill with a touch of pecan smoke I think would work well paired with a nice bourbon on the braise would marry very well.

Smoked pheasant with roasted potatoes and sour cream and some grilled asparagus is a staple meal around here, unless it's at a restaurant, I couldn't name a time my daughter has ever had store meat. She's 6 and will pick BBQ squirrel over a kids meal any day.

Sorry one more thing if wine I think red wine would go nice. I get excited about cooking especially wild game. Done ran out of venison and haven’t been able to hunt the past two seasons and this season isn’t looking any better. Not sure I’ll be able to bow hunt, I’m gonna have to get some 60 maybe even 55lb limbs. Or a crossbow. I may qualify to use one during bow season. Which not sure I would do anyways may just wait for regular season, when I can get back out. I’ve gone rifle hunting and had plenty of deer in the scope but never pulled the trigger, always had some meat from archery season and preferred the silent methodical approach of bow hunting. Challenging. Anyways sorry to cut in the thread lol. The girls r looking good and like ya got a lot lol.

Mexicans can cook. I miss the homemade taquitos. Never had it with elk I imagine just better lol. I’ve smoked and cooked lots of different meats but never elk ribs wish I could help. I’m gonna guess a quick sear followed by a braise with your choice of good wine or maybe a good bourbon
Edit further thought in the sear. Grill with a touch of pecan smoke I think would work well paired with a nice bourbon on the sear would marry very well.
Oh ya now u got me thinking, my brother said bourbon would be great for the ribs also, I do like my White Label Scotch few times a year when special guests come over, I have a rule that if I crack a bottle with you, it doesn't get used again til u come back, why because that's our special bottle to enjoy around the table, and each one has special memories, a buddy and I our still on the same dwarves bottle we opened 13 yrs ago we each have a glass when he comes to town and usually some special flowers from his travels we try out, thier are plenty of good flowers that go with a great meal and a drink. Much like cigars do.it maybe a farm but we have tastes.

Sorry one more thing if wine I think red wine would go nice. I get excited about cooking especially wild game. Done ran out of venison and haven’t been able to hunt the past two seasons and this season isn’t looking any better. Not sure I’ll be able to bow hunt, I’m gonna have to get some 60 maybe even 55lb limbs. Or a crossbow. I may qualify to use one during bow season. Which not sure I would do anyways may just wait for regular season, when I can get back out. I’ve gone rifle hunting and had plenty of deer in the scope but never pulled the trigger, always had some meat from archery season and preferred the silent methodical approach of bow hunting. Challenging. Anyways sorry to cut in the thread lol. The girls r looking good and like ya got a lot lol.
Nope ur all good, @Dabbers cross bow is tight would love to have it, I love my rifle but my bow and stalking a big buck is a rush that only compares to well nothing that I've found yet,

Back