Mephisto Genetics Mephistos and Cobs - Ignorance is Bliss Grow

Oh yea of little faith my friend!! :crying:

God knows whats gonna happen mate tbh! Reckon one will probably just become dominant maybe.

Was soooo close to topping one of them today but managed to restrain myself!
I'm right behind you bro :d5: you'll be fine with the 2 MBAPS.i can't see them growing too big,surely they won't have the room in the pot for all those roots?yeah I reckon 1 dominant girl...it's a fight to the death :crying:
Hopefully you'll be ok without topping them,I've made a decision,any of mephistos strains that likes to get big,ill top,it's a good thing,multiple colas instead of 1 massive bud on a main cola,helps with bud rot too man :pass:

I'm right behind you bro :d5: you'll be fine with the 2 MBAPS.i can't see them growing too big,surely they won't have the room in the pot for all those roots?yeah I reckon 1 dominant girl...it's a fight to the death :crying:
Hopefully you'll be ok without topping them,I've made a decision,any of mephistos strains that likes to get big,ill top,it's a good thing,multiple colas instead of 1 massive bud on a main cola,helps with bud rot too man :pass:

Hey dude, personally I'm not sure about topping. Tried a few, not overly impressed, but probably did it at the wrong time! I'm just not totally convinced it's necessary if you have plenty of light and leaf tuck? Or if height is an issue, I have supercropped a couple.

With the big mephistos I've grown under cobs, leaf tucking resulted in multi-cola'd plants with a slightly dominant/larger main cola, but lots of big secondary colas. And the ones I've supercropped have also distributed the old hormones around pretty evenly without topping. I don't think I've had any plants with one massive bud on one main cola to be honest, they've all been big multi-cola'd, which makes me think why top??

Still just not totally convinced that topping offers any real benefit mate? What you reckon? I know a lot of people do top autos, I'm just not a fan :pass: :vibe:

Hey dude, personally I'm not sure about topping. Tried a few, not overly impressed, but probably did it at the wrong time! I'm just not totally convinced it's necessary if you have plenty of light and leaf tuck? Or if height is an issue, I have supercropped a couple.

With the big mephistos I've grown under cobs, leaf tucking resulted in multi-cola'd plants with a slightly dominant/larger main cola, but lots of big secondary colas. And the ones I've supercropped have also distributed the old hormones around pretty evenly without topping. I don't think I've had any plants with one massive bud on one main cola to be honest, they've all been big multi-cola'd, which makes me think why top??

Still just not totally convinced that topping offers any real benefit mate? What you reckon? I know a lot of people do top autos, I'm just not a fan :pass: :vibe:
I can see where your coming from man,but I like a nice evenish canopy in my tent.i grew hubba last grow,and she was so tall,I had to take a panel out of my parabolic shade,just to be able to fit her under it lol.supercropping sort of works but I prefer topping if I'm honest.gives multiple colas,I know you get multiple colas if you don't top,but some of the bigger strains push my head height to the limits!! Like I said,if you have a really thick main cola,you are prone to bud rot,topping sort of shares out the load if you know what I'm getting at lol?
Totally down to growers individual preferences.why spend months growing a nice fat main cola,to lose some of it to rot?? :smoking:

I can see where your coming from man,but I like a nice evenish canopy in my tent.i grew hubba last grow,and she was so tall,I had to take a panel out of my parabolic shade,just to be able to fit her under it lol.supercropping sort of works but I prefer topping if I'm honest.gives multiple colas,I know you get multiple colas if you don't top,but some of the bigger strains push my head height to the limits!! Like I said,if you have a really thick main cola,you are prone to bud rot,topping sort of shares out the load if you know what I'm getting at lol?
Totally down to growers individual preferences.why spend months growing a nice fat main cola,to lose some of it to rot?? :smoking:

Yeah man totally agree with you bud.

I honestly don't think there's much difference between topping, and leaf tucking and supercropping together. Supercropping does the same as topping essentially mate but less stress? Supercropping makes the plant think the main cola is fooked, so it "shares out the load" to the rest of the big colas you've already created with leaf tucking.

Anyway! Only one way to settle this my friend! As Harry Hill says........

FIGHT!!!! Topping vs Supercropping the show down?

Up for a challenge Grow Bro??? :tang: :jointman: :face: :worship: :vibe:

Yeah man totally agree with you bud.

I honestly don't think there's much difference between topping, and leaf tucking and supercropping together. Supercropping does the same as topping essentially mate but less stress? Supercropping makes the plant think the main cola is fooked, so it "shares out the load" to the rest of the big colas you've already created with leaf tucking.

Anyway! Only one way to settle this my friend! As Harry Hill says........

FIGHT!!!! Topping vs Supercropping the show down?

Up for a challenge Grow Bro??? :tang: :jointman: :face: :worship: :vibe:
I'm definitely up for that man,I accept your challenge :d5: how do we go about this then mukka? I used to supercrop my photos all the time,like you said,send loads of auxins around the plant,don't get me wrong,I love a supercropping sesh,but I mainly top,to get a nice even canopy,and not have to worry bout head height and plants touching the hps lol :pighug:

I'm definitely up for that man,I accept your challenge :d5: how do we go about this then mukka? I used to supercrop my photos all the time,like you said,send loads of auxins around the plant,don't get me wrong,I love a supercropping sesh,but I mainly top,to get a nice even canopy,and not have to worry bout head height and plants touching the hps lol :pighug:

Boom! :pass:

No idea mate! I will be moving to new pad in around 4 weeks I reckon, so I can get my main tent set up again. I'm also starting with autopots then, which actually makes me really nervous! Just realised you use them already, so you're plants are gonna generally be bigger/taller than mine. Suddenly thinking supercropping may not be enough to control height! :crying::shrug::deadhorse:

FIGHT!!!

It's the only way to know for sure brother :vibe:

No idea mate! I will be moving to new pad in around 4 weeks I reckon, so I can get my main tent set up again. I'm also starting with autopots then, which actually makes me really nervous! Just realised you use them already, so you're plants are gonna generally be bigger/taller than mine. Suddenly thinking supercropping may not be enough to control height! :crying::shrug::deadhorse:

FIGHT!!!

I like the challenge man,but how do we decide on a winner...yield? How bigs your main tent? You gonna go with autopots?? I just use airpots mukka,if we gonna do a grow off,then surely we've got to be growing the same strain...to make it fair lol? From my own experience,just supercropping won't be enough to control your hight...it's all strain dependant my friend,and I like the big strains,can't wait to get Walter white going next run :pass:

FIGHT!!!

I like the challenge man,but how do we decide on a winner...yield? How bigs your main tent? You gonna go with autopots?? I just use airpots mukka,if we gonna do a grow off,then surely we've got to be growing the same strain...to make it fair lol? From my own experience,just supercropping won't be enough to control your hight...it's all strain dependant my friend,and I like the big strains,can't wait to get Walter white going next run :pass:
why dont you guys have a grow battel in the grow battel section i think anyone can challenge another and just start up a comp / battel:pass:

Back