Off to a good start Brother. :thumbsup:
It’s about time to bend your tops over.
Best to have non stretch nylon netting with 3.5” squares. The stretchy net with 6” inch squares doesn’t give you enough areas to tuck and will continue stretching as the plant grows which defeats the purpose of scrogging. The 6” stretchy net is good for cola support when you have heavy colas that your branches aren’t able to hold up. .
Sorry… I did see that you did bend your tops over in your previous pics but it was hard to tell in your recent pic because the tops are vertical. Very important to keep those main tops pointing horizontal or the technique won’t work.

Sorry… I did see that you did bend your tops over in your previous pics but it was hard to tell in your recent pic because the tops are vertical. Very important to keep those main tops pointing horizontal or the technique won’t work.
I re tied them down again last night as i noticed the main stem grow back up.

Off to a good start Brother. :thumbsup:
It’s about time to bend your tops over.
Best to have non stretch nylon netting with 3.5” squares. The stretchy net with 6” inch squares doesn’t give you enough areas to tuck and will continue stretching as the plant grows which defeats the purpose of scrogging. The 6” stretchy net is good for cola support when you have heavy colas that your branches aren’t able to hold up. .
I found a “scrog net” on amazon for 5 bucks for a 2’x2’ and when it arrived i realized it was elastic but its pretty strong and has 3.5inch squares

Day21 New
Re tied the tops down, with the aim of keeping the tops down this time, lol. They are def bushing out now! I plan on really putting some effort i to this scrog grow. Did some tucking in the bigger plant to let on some light. The small plant doesnt have the foliage to start that yet lol.
IMG_1771.jpeg
IMG_1770.jpeg
IMG_1772.jpeg

Last edited:
I found a “scrog net” on amazon for 5 bucks for a 2’x2’ and when it arrived i realized it was elastic but its pretty strong and has 3.5inch squares
I’m sure it’s strong but you want to have that net as tight and taught as possible to hold down your plant. My tent poles bow in from how tight I pull my nets and I’m also using tent expanding poles in a couple of 3x3’s to not only give me more horizontal space but to also keep the larger tents from caving in from how tight my nets are.

I’m sure it’s strong but you want to have that net as tight and taught as possible to hold down your plant. My tent poles bow in from how tight I pull my nets and I’m also using tent expanding poles in a couple of 3x3’s to not only give me more horizontal space but to also keep the larger tents from caving in from how tight my nets are.
I will test it by hand when i get home, its pretty tight but its elastic so i might just order the 3.5” white net and tie that up when im ready

I have an elastic net. It pulls the poles in a lot but still flexes a lot by the time you get 6 inches from the middle of it. Might want to replace it before it gets too tangled up. Trellis netting is cheap, they even sell it at home depot

Day22 New
I took a couple leaves that were blocking nodes of the smaller plant and couple off the lower part of the bigger plant that were old and useless. There arent any budsites that are blocked on the big plant so i didnt feel the need for any defol except for those first single bladed leaves that were burried and not doing much.
IMG_1783.jpeg

Day23 New
Watered with 4cups dechlorinated/dechloriminated water for each plant, keeping the plant tops tied down and defoliateing 1-2 leaves a day now to keep budsites open in conjuction with tucking what i can since the plants are so small still, even for how small they are i can count ten tops on the bigger plant and at least five started on the smaller plant. I added some cups and such with water to raise humidity as its been hpvering around 39%to48% raised it to 52% so will check in a biy and add more if neccessary . They arent as big as my outdoor plants of the same age but they are moving fed right along. Im hoping to hit that pre flower stretch soon and would like the plants to be as happy as possible by the time its ready! There are preflowers already so it should be soon! Fed with 4cups 1/4strength fox farm soil trio liquid and molasses at 1Tbs per gallon plus superthrive at 5drops per gallon.
IMG_1797.jpeg
IMG_1798.jpeg
IMG_1795.jpeg
IMG_1796.jpeg

Last edited:
Back