Mephisto Genetics Mephisto strains size guide.....

I just did the last transplants from them. I let these stay in them for about 14 days. I couldn't get root pics, my soil was too crumbly, was afraid of breaking roots. Root development was as they said and no root circling! I'm sold for sure! And, The ones transplanted this morning have their leaves "praying" to the light already! I'm willing to bet I see growth by morning.

I'm surprized, and I've never liked that method and I think the rootmaker concept shows why.

Not sure if it's relevant but I started my 2nd sour blues ina small pot covered in cling film until it popped then put the whole pot of soil in the middle of the bigger pot and that 2nd sb is bigger than the first and they are 5 days apart, thinking of doing it every time now

Great thread! I currently have a sour hound going (sig link) that is at d41 and currently 36". My sour hound definitely seems large and not medium haha. I would love to know if @mephisto has seen one as big as mine.

Great thread! I currently have a sour hound going (sig link) that is at d41 and currently 36". My sour hound definitely seems large and not medium haha. I would love to know if @mephisto has seen one as big as mine.

The problem is that we are growing DWC and not soil which is what the Mephisto crew grows in and gauges the plant sizes in.

The problem is that we are growing DWC and not soil which is what the Mephisto crew grows in and gauges the plant sizes in.

You could just say dwc makes everything much larger. But you can still look at the list and think what might happen in dwc to a strain that gets large in soil :D

@mephisto that is what we have to do ALL the time lol, we have to just imagine what is possible based on a soil grow. Me personally I use @TaNg as my benchmark or standard. I am going to grow every piece of gear on that list in DWC and hopefully I can get a couple other DWCers on here to help and maybe jusssst maybe in the next 12 months or so we can get a little empirical data on what exactly the strains capabilities are in a good DWC setup.

Oh and on a side note I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the HBBSS AND the SODK I figured I didn't have to make my mind up on which ones I want to drop FIRST because they are up to bat and on deck either way it goes I will be running them one after another. I am writing you an email back now as we speak, thanks for the prompt response as always Mitch you are a G my friend

Grew out a chemdoggin in coco. 14.7 ounces after 5 days drying, shouldn't loose much in the jars!

Also yielded 2.7 of frosty trim. I reckon this is a true 12 ounce yield once it cures.

33524912a9b603e64c31849eab7dfd42.jpg
b282de4fb6882b4227238d90dd898364.jpg
3548c9e95cba308c5c70ebb8d22cc178.jpg

there seems to be a whole bunch of the newer strains missing from the list on the first page.can we possibly get an updated list and thanks you this is a great idea :D

Last edited:
Any info on the chem white? Thank in advance.
Oh and I can't seem to find a log about it..

Back