Mephisto Genetics Mephisto strains size guide.....

My current idea is to sprout them inside, then put them outside into the ground with a 2L bottle cut in half over top to maintain a high humidity and protect them too

If you have two litre pop bottles you can cut them down to half or two thirds of full size, drill holes in the bottom and wrap and tape a bin liner around them.

Nice tall and free/cheap starting pots that way

Cheers

1. although "party cups" are cheap and handy, they actually are not all that good for starting seedlings. You want breadth of roots, not deth. its those fine feeding roots that spread out through the soil that gives your plant nutrients. check rootmakers.com. They designed the airpot and other root development tools. Their theory is the first four inches are the most inportant in any grow container. I'm currently testing their propagation pots. Here's a pic:
root makers pic1.jpg

That's an interesting theory that would make sense, it's just like anything else, the first 10-20% of your life you are a kid and learning. So whose to say the girls don't do the same thing and that stunting their growth is developmentally delaying everything.

Either way, this thread is awesome and i cant wait to keep watching it

1. although "party cups" are cheap and handy, they actually are not all that good for starting seedlings. You want breadth of roots, not deth. its those fine feeding roots that spread out through the soil that gives your plant nutrients. check rootmakers.com. They designed the airpot and other root development tools. Their theory is the first four inches are the most inportant in any grow container. I'm currently testing their propagation pots. Here's a pic:
View attachment 539090
Why not just start them in the big pots? I have done this successfully every time. I put the seed in a started cube bury it 1/2 inch below the soil and add water.. I keep a clear plastic cup over them to keep it moist and they pop in 48 to 72 hours no transplanting no stress on the plant ever..

I've done that too. trying something new to see if we can get faster root developement, etc. And I've never had a stress related problem doing transplants, do it right, and at the right time, they just keep growing without a slow down.

Why not just start them in the big pots? I have done this successfully every time. I put the seed in a started cube bury it 1/2 inch below the soil and add water.. I keep a clear plastic cup over them to keep it moist and they pop in 48 to 72 hours no transplanting no stress on the plant ever..

I've done that too. trying something new to see if we can get faster root developement, etc. And I've never had a stress related problem doing transplants, do it right, and at the right time, they just keep growing without a slow down.
Great Pops I will follow to see what you report. I wouldn't mind faster root development......

These are basically airpots for seedlings. I may do a comparison of a couple seedlings from these pots, and plant them in a regular 3 gallon pot, and one in a 3 gallon airpot. That should show a difference at least in the final rootballs.
Great Pops I will follow to see what you report. I wouldn't mind faster root development......

@pop22 I've seen the rootmaker stuff and have been interested in giving their seedling tray a try. Any thoughts of how long in one of those before they'd need a transplant?

Here's what I stumbled on the other day regarding them. Even if early growth is slowed by spending too long in one of those pots, these rediculous root structures should make up for it.

Not sure if it's relevant but I started my 2nd sour blues ina small pot covered in cling film until it popped then put the whole pot of soil in the middle of the bigger pot and that 2nd sb is bigger than the first and they are 5 days apart, thinking of doing it every time now

Back